What's new

Beanclown should be permanently banned.

Ban Beanclown forever

• Total voters
Wow. Some of you might know me, some might not. Been around for a long while... rarely post. Usually just rant buzzily on the chat boards then and now.

This thread is just sad... From an outsiders point of view.

Everyone... from Katie, to Beantown to some kid on the corner needs to understand that... none of us are special. Nothing you do in life is anymore important than anyone else. Katie, ya want to do something? Cool. Don't expect people to care, agree, tolerate, anything. Don't make your choices for others, and don't try to force others to agree with you. Just makes people like me... Innocent onlookers see you as an overly offendable self righteous type.

And you so called trollers... Troll away. Or stop. Seriously... who cares? People say stupid things. The sad part of the internet is you don't know if they are saying it to be lame, or because they really believe in it. Either way? Who cares.

In closing. We are all worthless specs on the horizon, and none of us matter enough to warrant this kind of hate and ranting.

Go Jazz.

This is without a doubt the best post I've ever read on this forum. While I don't think I take this stuff too seriously, I'd have to admit that there was time or two that I've over valued my own opinion on this board. Well done toccoto. Post more often.

This thread reminded me of why I hated Hopper and Clutch so bad, and how badly I miss Richard.

It reminded me of how much I dislike it when some long dead thread is dredged up for no apparent reason.

JF used to have passion. If it's slow now then summer is going to be drier than the Sahara.

I miss Stickler. Nice of SirOmar to replace it.

Seriously though........what exactly determines a "troll"? I've been on JazzFanz for a few years now (only board I frequent) and I just don't understand what defines a troll.

Seriously though........what exactly determines a "troll"? I've been on JazzFanz for a few years now (only board I frequent) and I just don't understand what defines a troll.

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]

Thank you, Rep. Up until now I just thought you called someone a troll if they annoyed you.

JF used to have passion. If it's slow now then summer is going to be drier than the Sahara.

I miss Stickler. Nice of SirOmar to replace it.

Don't know who that is, so I'll just assume it was someone who owned your *** every time you made a stupid attention seeking post.

Don't know who that is, so I'll just assume it was someone who owned your *** every time you made a stupid attention seeking post.

Let's just say you two have more in common than a burning desire to own asses by giving sloppy rim jobs.

Let's just say you two have more in common than a burning desire to own asses by giving sloppy rim jobs.

Nice. I'm sure that impressed one or two posters. Now tell us how totally wasted you are. Make sure you use run on sentences sprinkled with feigned indifference. But remember, you're playing the role of the drunk intellectual, so don't over do it.

But seriously, when are they not sloppy?

Nice. I'm sure that impressed one or two posters. Now tell us how totally wasted you are. Make sure you use run on sentences sprinkled with feigned indifference. But remember, you're playing the role of the drunk intellectual, so don't over do it.

I wouldn't say I was "impressed", but I had a good chuckle. Then I realized that your post actually was a pretty good dig on ol' frank, and had an even bigger chuckle. (he sucks at poker, by the way)

Please let us in on how you came across this thread, and the mindset you had in necrobumping it, so we all can laugh (at you) as well.

I accidentally clicked "first page" on the reputation comments thread, and this thread named popped up, so I searched it. Laugh away, if you wish. I know I'm laughing at your poorly thought-out insult.

I wouldn't say I was "impressed", but I had a good chuckle. Then I realized that your post actually was a pretty good dig on ol' frank, and had an even bigger chuckle. (he sucks at poker, by the way)

This is true. I would be lying if I said I didn't laugh.