What's new

Ben Bagley

I couldn't stand Bagley. When I used to constantly be on NBA forums all day I'd notice ideas/comments would get posted and then within an hour or so be brought up by Bagley as if they were his own thoughts. He'd also ridicule the fanbase any time we were upset/disgruntled about something. I'm all for ridiculing people but he and Locke would take it way too far.

I couldn't stand Bagley. When I used to constantly be on NBA forums all day I'd notice ideas/comments would get posted and then within an hour or so be brought up by Bagley as if they were his own thoughts. He'd also ridicule the fanbase any time we were upset/disgruntled about something. I'm all for ridiculing people but he and Locke would take it way too far.

Do I take it too far?

Is he the huge fatty? I went to a game last year and some huge slob slothed out to the floor and had first dibs at favors. It was his 21 rebound game.

IMG_1391282012172639.JPG

He should call up Trout and get some tips on becoming a better insurance salesman.

I dunno, that's a pretty good offer he's got there. You have to think that when the average auto policy pays an agent about $30.00 a year, and the home usually less, he's losing money the first year. You have to have a decent clientele in your book to be offering perks like a round @ the Homestead.

Is he the huge fatty? I went to a game last year and some huge slob slothed out to the floor and had first dibs at favors. It was his 21 rebound game.

He is one of the most lothesome looking people around, isn't he? I'm all for fat people, but for some reason, his appearance really bugs the hell out of me.

I dunno, that's a pretty good offer he's got there. You have to think that when the average auto policy pays an agent about $30.00 a year, and the home usually less, he's losing money the first year.

30 bucks a year?!

How do insurance people survive? Because even 500 clients that's only 15,000 a year.

30 bucks a year?!

How do insurance people survive? Because even 500 clients that's only 15,000 a year.

I said average. I have plenty that are over $100.00 a year. 90% of insurance people don't survive the first year. In Utah the average insurance guy makes 70k as of 2011, but averages are deceiving. Most insurance guys that can survive into year three should be making at least 30k in just residual/renewal business. I'm in year seven and still make less than most first year agents -- but that's because I fish more than I work. Stupid addictions.

But seriously, you all should let me be your guy. Flies are expensive.

i for one am glad bagley's gone. he had absolutely no substance whatsoever. all of his opinions were just siphoned from locke's morning tip off and pawned off as his own. he complained about having to work late for any jazz game, he was arrogant and rude to callers, he made no attempt to ask any tough interview questions (as someone mentioned in an earlier post). and roughly a decade after the fad wore off, he's still wearing sweater vests. don't get too happy that bagley's gone though. they pretty much still have the same person there in scott garrard, who is all of those things except he was an even bigger company tool and you can also add the adjectives of: redheaded, pale, and clammy to the list. and he doesn't even pretend to care about basketball. the other week when the dennis lindsey info came out garrard trudged along with his meaningless NFL conversation. he just tries to pull a PK and arbitrarily take "controversial" positions on topics to try and trudge up ratings (see company tool remark earlier).

i for one am glad bagley's gone. he had absolutely no substance whatsoever. all of his opinions were just siphoned from locke's morning tip off and pawned off as his own. he complained about having to work late for any jazz game, he was arrogant and rude to callers, he made no attempt to ask any tough interview questions (as someone mentioned in an earlier post). and roughly a decade after the fad wore off, he's still wearing sweater vests. don't get too happy that bagley's gone though. they pretty much still have the same person there in scott garrard, who is all of those things except he was an even bigger company tool and you can also add the adjectives of: redheaded, pale, and clammy to the list. and he doesn't even pretend to care about basketball. the other week when the dennis lindsey info came out garrard trudged along with his meaningless NFL conversation. he just tries to pull a PK and arbitrarily take "controversial" positions on topics to try and trudge up ratings (see company tool remark earlier).

this.

Bagley really never had ANY original thoughts and he was absolutely THEE WORST when it came to callers. He'd always say, "Not an educated fan..." I remember him going off on fans who "dared" to question Deron's "leadership." In just a few days after, Deron ran the HOF coach out of town and then was shortly shipped out to NJ.

I remember even before that, when he'd blast callers for questioning Boozer's toughness. "You're not educated. You think this professional WANTS to miss games?" I wanted to scream at the radio, "UM DOES BAGLEY LIKE TO EAT PIZZA EVERYDAY??? YES! OF COURSE BOOZER IS FAKING/EXAGGERATING INJURIES YOU DUMBASS!"

Football, I thought was even worse, since I believe he had a stint up at Utah St. and he felt like he knew something about Football.

Yuck.

I find most of the guys annoying now on the radio. Parks does some fun impressions, when he isn't drooling over Greg Miller. Alema was horrible, thank goodness he's gone.PK is annoying. DJ was fine. Monson was usually boring but at least had the guts to question the evil empire of 1320 and sucking up to the Jazz. Locke comes up with stupid stats and has the most annoying voice on radio. Jake Scott is more of a glue guy, I don't love him nor hate him.

I mostly only listen to Gunther (and Kevin Graham), who's the most hilarious radio personality out there and Jim Rome.

Considering Bagley couldn't catch on on the new 1280, 1320, or 700, I think it's pretty clear how the local media feels about him.

this.

Bagley really never had ANY original thoughts and he was absolutely THEE WORST when it came to callers. He'd always say, "Not an educated fan..." I remember him going off on fans who "dared" to question Deron's "leadership." In just a few days after, Deron ran the HOF coach out of town and then was shortly shipped out to NJ.

I remember even before that, when he'd blast callers for questioning Boozer's toughness. "You're not educated. You think this professional WANTS to miss games?" I wanted to scream at the radio, "UM DOES BAGLEY LIKE TO EAT PIZZA EVERYDAY??? YES! OF COURSE BOOZER IS FAKING/EXAGGERATING INJURIES YOU DUMBASS!"

Football, I thought was even worse, since I believe he had a stint up at Utah St. and he felt like he knew something about Football.

Yuck.

I find most of the guys annoying now on the radio. Parks does some fun impressions, when he isn't drooling over Greg Miller. Alema was horrible, thank goodness he's gone.PK is annoying. DJ was fine. Monson was usually boring but at least had the guts to question the evil empire of 1320 and sucking up to the Jazz. Locke comes up with stupid stats and has the most annoying voice on radio. Jake Scott is more of a glue guy, I don't love him nor hate him.

I mostly only listen to Gunther (and Kevin Graham), who's the most hilarious radio personality out there and Jim Rome.
That's a good post. I would rep you if I could. I agree with all of it. I couldn't stand to hear that fat *** bags try to talk down to the callers.

Favortie Ben Bagley story he told on air about his job in college. He worked at an exercise equipment manufacturer in Logan (probably Icon) and got paid $10 an hour to work the loading dock at night. He said he would sneak off and sleep in the cardboard boxes and let the other guys do all the loading. Says it all.

Favorite Locke story is listening to his version of how Karl Malone almost killed him, which I think lead to Locke in Seattle.

Favorite Checkets story: 3 way tie: How he chose to play basketball on Sunday to spite his parents, how he didn't fill out the papers to get his Eagle Scout (after doing most of the work) to spite his parents, and listening to him rant about being his own man not the son of the rich guy--then interviewing a bunch of people he met because of his dad's affiliation with the KNicks. Love it.

Favorite Bolerjack misquote: "You know looking back, hindsight is 50/50."

No Bolerjack, the saying is -hindsight is 20/20, and even odds are 50/50/. sigh. I love you Boler.

Second favorite Blolerjack saying: Ya, know Harpring did play football in college......

Ah man this summer is going on forever, Trout why don't you taking me fishing?