What's new

Best Bang for your Buck Colleges

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Found this today thought it was interesting for those looking to start studying:

https://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21600131-too-many-degrees-are-waste-money-return-higher-education-would-be-much-better?fsrc=scn/fb/wl/pe/iscollegeworthit

1795975_10152312121224060_1292356782_o.png

Sure post this after I finally get accepted to College of the Ozarks.

Well, if that's the case, you're obviously not doing it for the money, so it won't matter.

Well it was their Inbred Genetics program. Was hoping to move to Kentucky later and rake in the dough.

College is worth it for some, not for others.

I think a large issue is kids that think they need to go to college, and then majoring in programs that they're doing because they are easy, or because they want to do what they love but don't realize there's no job market for it. I honestly don't feel bad for them.

If you majored in something like philosophy, don't want to teach, go to grad school, or write…then what the hell are you qualified to do?

Hell, one of my roommates got his degree in Exercise Science, which is essentially worthless if you don't go to grad school. So now he doesn't want to go to grad school, and he'll end up getting his personal trainer license, which you don't need a degree to get. That's a waste of a degree, IMO.

^^^

But he'll be a better trainer if he knows all the "Science" behind though. The degree's just the start, it's how you apply it at the end of the day.

Maybe. At the end of the day he spent over $100k to get a job that doesn't require a degree. Waste of money.

4 years of private college is expensive man.

Glad I went the cheap in-state option. I pay like $6-7K a year.

Student%20and%20Car%20Loans%20Feb%202014_0.jpg

I wonder where all the kids that are going through Chinese immersion schools in the US will end up. I'd probably go to Uni in China if I were them. Much cheaper, even for foreigners.

Last edited: