• 90s

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • 2000s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2010-present

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Nice thread.

I was born in '92, so it's harder for me to say...but it's gotta be the 80's or 90's.

You're 21? Shouldn't you be out trying to have sex with whatever will hold still long enough and snorting things you find in the carpet at house parties? What are you doing wasting your friday online? Hurry and go get drunk and do something you will regret while you still can.

Ooook here we go again. One of the toughest choices. I watched Jordan, Stockton, Kemp, Payton, Penny, Rodman, Garnett (1st edition), Robinson, Hakeem, Drexler, Rice, Tim Hardaway, Zo, Shaq, Mutombo, Iverson, Marbury and many others that made me fall in love with the game. But as the archives were unleashed at my feet in the hands of technology, I watched older leagues and the ABA, then I fell in love with Dr. J era. So I'm divided between them.

~Went for the Doctor.

Ill go with 90's too. Still watching some games when i find the opportunity especially of early 90s.

This is a good basketball torrent website, sometimes they uploading classical games (mostly late 80s and early 90s) beside current games and its pretty cool.

https://bt.davka.info/

90's > '00's. That's all I know. NBA TV started airing new NBA decade recap episodes for the 90's recently. NB90's series. Definitely worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq2NMv5hFlE

Last edited:
The decade you started watching for the first time, obviously.
The 90's is where the athleticism of the league just about plateaus, the zenith of Stockton and Malone, franchises still had franchise players, the Dream Team (the very first one ever, and the best one), the emergence of arguably the most dominant player ever (I wouldn't argue that), and Hakeem. Oh yeah, and there's this guy named Michael Jordan. I think.

Maybe people got more into basketball during the 80's and 90's because the product was much better than before (or after for that matter).

The decade you started watching for the first time, obviously.

This. Or the corollary, the decade that your favorite team had their best years.

The 90's is where the athleticism of the league just about plateaus, the zenith of Stockton and Malone, franchises still had franchise players, the Dream Team (the very first one ever, and the best one), the emergence of arguably the most dominant player ever (I wouldn't argue that), and Hakeem. Oh yeah, and there's this guy named Michael Jordan. I think.

Maybe people got more into basketball during the 80's and 90's because the product was much better than before (or after for that matter).

The NBA has always had some of the very best athletes of their time, and the only reason "athleticism" seemed to improve is from better training techniques. I could list all-time greats from the 60s-70s era that would be every bit the equal of Malone-Stockton-Olajuwon-Jordan, and no doubt some modern players will be as well.

The product was better marketed in the 80s and 90s, helped by the increasing acceptance of black people overall and the cleaning up of drug issues to a degree, but the product itself is fundamentally the same.

The NBA has always had some of the very best athletes of their time, and the only reason "athleticism" seemed to improve is from better training techniques. I could list all-time greats from the 60s-70s era that would be every bit the equal of Malone-Stockton-Olajuwon-Jordan, and no doubt some modern players will be as well.

The product was better marketed in the 80s and 90s, helped by the increasing acceptance of black people overall and the cleaning up of drug issues to a degree, but the product itself is fundamentally the same.

I'm not saying you have to agree with my opinion, but I think it's extremely presumptuous and even more condescending to have the attitude that you do about this (which is essentially that everyone's opinion is naturally invalidated unless they like an era that isn't what they grew up with). Furthermore, you addressed an entire one of the things I mentioned and didn't knock it out of the park either (this is a question of what is the best, not an equivalency based on relativism).