What's new

Best Playoff Outcomes for Jazz Trades

I think I saw some stat that said the Nuggets havent beaten a 50 win playoff team w/ the Jokic/Murray core.

It was a bit inaccurate because the year they beat the Jazz in the bubble they would have been a 50 win team if the percentage that happened over 72 held to 82, but still wild.

I still think the whole regular season being so long leads to such luck based playoff outcomes w/ health. Generally I think the best team wins more often than not, but sometimes their path is just way too easy.

I think I saw some stat that said the Nuggets havent beaten a 50 win playoff team w/ the Jokic/Murray core.

It was a bit inaccurate because the year they beat the Jazz in the bubble they would have been a 50 win team if the percentage that happened over 72 held to 82, but still wild.

When it's all said and done, maybe we'll look at their overall playoff record and say it's a little disappointing....but they've been in the mix for so many years and will be in the future. When you're in the mix that long you have a chance to have an easy road/get hot in a single playoff run. Longevity is so important when the margins are so slim.

When it's all said and done, maybe we'll look at their overall playoff record and say it's a little disappointing....but they've been in the mix for so many years and will be in the future. When you're in the mix that long you have a chance to have an easy road/get hot in a single playoff run. Longevity is so important when the margins are so slim.
Yes, good point. It feels like I'm today's NBA if a team disappoints in the playoffs then they should blow it up or make an all in trade. In reality teams might be better off just keeping a core together and trying to be consistently in the mix.

No title defense has gotten past the second round since the Warriors went B2B in17'-18'.

So the answer to this thread has to be the Wolves winning it all this year, and then disappointing in their title defense, which has become the new norm.

Yes, good point. It feels like I'm today's NBA if a team disappoints in the playoffs then they should blow it up or make an all in trade. In reality teams might be better off just keeping a core together and trying to be consistently in the mix.

I tend to agree, especially since we're kind of out of the super team era. I don't think any team is unbeatable in the way that the Warriors were. We're also super quick to call every team/star player a "fraud" until they win. Every team that is still remaining has been called frauds or whatever at some point. Some of the criticism is more fair than others, but if you give yourself enough chances you might get lucky.

The Nuggets might no be dominant like the Warriors were, but they're good enough so that when it is their turn to be "lucky" they can turn that into a ring. Luck is never guaranteed, but if you're around along enough you start to create your own luck.

I still think the whole regular season being so long leads to such luck based playoff outcomes w/ health. Generally I think the best team wins more often than not, but sometimes their path is just way too easy.
They beat LAC that season too. That was a LAC team that had a record equivalent to 56 win team. It's largely a BS argument to undermine Jokic and the Nuggets.

Is the Nuggets "dynasty" over now?

KCP has a player option if he opts out the Nuggets roster will be extremely expensive. They already have depth issues. The young guys they added like Strawther never saw extended rotation time. MPJ was awful in a series you'd think he'd be valuable in.

What do they do from here? The new CBA is making it extremely tough to keep your team together
I think the Nuggs go though a minor re-tool and are back on top. You can not write off the planet's best player with a solid supporting cast. I imagine they will be in the conference finals next year provided they don't run into another team on the rise like the Wolves again.

But if they choose to then Ainge would be stupid not to go all-in on Jokic. The way he plays he'll still be on top for several more years. Lauri + Jokic + decent support is more than enough to get us there.