What's new

Best shows on TV?

New episodes of Curb are really solid. I’m rewatching episodes 1 and 2 and see that episode 3 is on on demand, I guess because of the Super Bowl.

I'm halfway through Netflix's own "Anne with an E", a Canadian drama series that is sort of a mix between Little Orphan Annie and Little House on the Prairie. If that's not enough to get you interested lol, it's fantastic. Truly.

Haven't watched too much of it, but I'm glad you are enjoying CBC produced content. Its a bit rare for them to be any good. Anne of Green Gables is easily the most famous fictional Canadian character I can think of, and there's like a billion adaptations. Dont know how much it's penetrated the US market but Anne is a huge cultural touchstone here in Canada.

Last edited:
I started watching Altered Carbon. Feels very hit and miss but I love this world so Im enjoying it. I've never seen the main actor but he's good.

Anyone watch Euphoria on HBO? It’s about high school and full of drugs and sex and issues high schoolers face today. I’ve heard it’s really good. Gave it five minutes once but it seems like it would scare/depress me as the father of three little ones.

But then I saw the pic of the one chick from the show. Those mams. Jesus. Type in sexy girl euphoria into google. There’s a pic with her about to take her bra off. By God.

Yep. I actually watched the whole season of Euphoria. I wouldn't say that it was great (a bit extreme, but I guess true); however, it was pretty good. And, yes, that girl is quite hot.

Strong recommendation for "Dave" on Hulu. It's an FXX show its its quite a bit edgier than a normal cable show. 4 episodes in and Ive laughed out loud every single one.

This isn't really a TV show per se, but Critical Role on twitch and YouTube is probably my favorite "show" of the last few years. It's storytelling unlike just about anything else out there.

Strong recommendation for "Dave" on Hulu. It's an FXX show its its quite a bit edgier than a normal cable show. 4 episodes in and Ive laughed out loud every single one.

Just started this. Loving it so far, thanks for the recommendation

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Just finished the 'Yellowstone' prequal '1883'. What a fantastic show...writing and acting are top notch. My favorite show I've watched in a long time. Taylor Sheridan does it again.

Last edited:
Just finished "Reacher". I liked it. Definitely had some standard action show cliches. Like Reacher , with the "strength of 3 men", can kill damn near anyone with a single punch, and easily takes out trained assassins, unless the plot calls for him getting his *** kicked by a sniveling little punk half his size because they needed a big fight, and to make some "drama" or something. Also by the 2nd episode it's pretty obvious who all of the bad guys are and why. In fact most reveals felt like they were behind the curve. For 3 episodes I'm like "that's a bad guy" until Reacher has this big reveal that yep, that guy's the bad guy. But otherwise I liked the character and the story was entertaining enough. Interested to see another season.

Jack Reacher was hot garbage. I can't believe the ratings and that's the only reason I watched it.

Peacemaker is great.
Ozark.
Mystery at Blind Frog Rancher (I'm a sucker for those shows.)