What's new

"Better Call Saul" Premiere This Sunday!

LmAo QSH.

Watching better call Saul before Breaking Bad so it's in cronological order?? WTFweirdo

That would be like starting a movie in the middle because there is a flashback scene and you wanna make sure you're all chonological.

LmAo QSH.

Watching better call Saul before Breaking Bad so it's in cronological order?? WTFweirdo

That would be like starting a movie in the middle because there is a flashback scene and you wanna make sure you're all chonological.

10/10 on the analogy.

I don't know... it kind of reinforced my feeling on how unnecessary the whole thing is. I doubt it goes past the two seasons they've already ordered. The most interesting scene was the opening, seeing Saul's Goodfellas-ending of a life now. It was cool seeing a lot of the BB characters again but I think that appeal will wear off quickly. Saul is a great character, but not a character that should be the center of a show.

I don't know... it kind of reinforced my feeling on how unnecessary the whole thing is. I doubt it goes past the two seasons they've already ordered. The most interesting scene was the opening, seeing Saul's Goodfellas-ending of a life now. It was cool seeing a lot of the BB characters again but I think that appeal will wear off quickly. Saul is a great character, but not a character that should be the center of a show.

A shady *** lawyer is a pretty rich character. Much better than an idiot savant detective and there are tons of those shows. I think this has a few good seasons in it.

even with two seasons, that would probably be enough to tell Saul's story. I don't think they are looking to make it 5 seasons like breaking bad. They already have told a bunch of stuff about saul in bb.

First episode didn't really grab me. It was fine but not great. Although I have to wonder if opinions will change after episode 2. The fact that they're airing back-to-back episodes suggests that they might have known that the first episode alone was underwhelming and that the second episode will leave viewers with a more positive feeling. We shall see.

First episode didn't really grab me. It was fine but not great. Although I have to wonder if opinions will change after episode 2. The fact that they're airing back-to-back episodes suggests that they might have known that the first episode alone was underwhelming and that the second episode will leave viewers with a more positive feeling. We shall see.

I've heard it doesn't really get going until episode 3, and that from there on out it's brillliant.

even with two seasons, that would probably be enough to tell Saul's story. I don't think they are looking to make it 5 seasons like breaking bad. They already have told a bunch of stuff about saul in bb.
That's just the thing. BB DIDN'T really tell you much about Saul. Think about it. List everything that is explicitly stated about his character in that show. I think he's the only character that BB gives zero back story to. That was one of the main concerns I had/have about this show (telling us a character's back story). Some things are better left unsaid. And this is especially true in writing a lot of the time.

I liked it, but there was something missing. After thinking about it more I think that missing element might have been comedy--something that really rounded out the dark story of BB. I don't really remember laughing at any point in last night's premiere which is interesting considering how Saul brought comedic relief into just about every scene of BB he was in.

I'm only so-so on Breaking Bad, and given the early reaction to this spin off, I think I better skip.

LmAo QSH.

Let me perhaps rephrase for tards in the cloth. I wasn't asking if it made better sense to watch it all in chronological order. I was simply asking if it would be a big deal if I did. I just don't have time right now to sit down and watch five seasons (or whatever it was) of BB straight through.

Let me perhaps rephrase for tards in the cloth. I wasn't asking if it made better sense to watch it all in chronological order. I was simply asking if it would be a big deal if I did. I just don't have time right now to sit down and watch five seasons (or whatever it was) of BB straight through.

Btw i watched star wars in chronological order. lol didnt end up good

Sent from the JazzFanz app

No, go ahead and watch all of Saul, all of BB, or them mixed together. Doesn't really matter.

If you want to know if watching Saul will ruin Breaking Bad, no.

But there is nothing you will gain from watching it either.

Also, how is it even possible you haven't watched Breaking Bad and why in the world would you randomly watch the last few episodes.

Also also, why am I trying to make sense of anything that you do? Lol

I wouldn't blame anyone skipping Breaking Bad. Man dat Walt White doe....

He sure does become one dark evil character. It becomes pretty depressing.

Him watching/allowing Jane to die was one painful scene...

Better Call Saul is off to a good start with many of the same strengths as Breaking Bad: the writing, acting, directing and cinematography, are all top notch. It doesn't have to be the thrill ride, cultural touchstone, all-time top-five show Breaking Bad obviously became, to be entertaining and well worth watching.

The desert scene in the second episode with Tuco was hilarious and terrifying, all set in a gorgeous New Mexico landscape, right out of the BB playbook. I loved the foreboding bit with No-Doze (one of Tuco's henchmen) interrupting Tuco and Tuco looking at him, giving him that menacing glare, like it was all he could do to keep from giving him a beat down. Fans of Breaking Bad know the same character does the same thing in the last episode of the first season of Breaking Bad, only then Tuco follows through on his impulse and, amped on Walt's blue meth, beats the poor guy to death in front of a terrified Walt and Jesse.

Anyway, eight more episodes to go in the first season of BCS, and I'm hooked for the rest of the journey, not only how Jimmy transforms into Saul, but what I think will be the conclusion of the series, what happens to Saul when he works up the courage to leave his safe life in Omaha and returns to Albequerque.