What's new

"Better Call Saul" Premiere This Sunday!

AlaskanAssassin

I know we have a lot of Breaking Bad fans around here. Just wondering if anyone is interested in the spin-off that premiers this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1xIGfVFb-U

Was very skeptical when it was first announced but it actually looks like it will be pretty good.

I'm going to tape it and watch it

Tape it. Lol. You have an old vcr lying around for occasions like this?
Going old school.... nah I'm dvr'ing it.

I do still have a vcr/DVD player combo that gets used on occasion though

He's like Colbert for me. Really funny in short stints but tiring in long stretches.

Loved him in Breaking Bad.

But that was because he wasn't the main star.

I'll probably watch it on Sunday but keeping my expectations pretty low.

He's like Colbert for me. Really funny in short stints but tiring in long stretches.

Loved him in Breaking Bad.

But that was because he wasn't the main star.

I'll probably watch it on Sunday but keeping my expectations pretty low.

colbert is tiring for you in long stretches? i cant get enough of colbert. list ur top comedians.

Was initially on the fence but l see Mike the Fixer is going to be a regular character. Can't get enough of that guy.

Love me some Colbert.

I love Colbert.

And I perhaps exaggerated. I've watched a few of his episodes in a row. But he's sometimes too much for me. Eventually I get pissed off at how dumb our government is. It's sad that our best news agencies are our comedians.

I love Colbert.

And I perhaps exaggerated. I've watched a few of his episodes in a row. But he's sometimes too much for me. Eventually I get pissed off at how dumb our government is. It's sad that our best news agencies are our comedians.

It's sad that's not actually true yet so many people actually believe it is.

It's sad that's not actually true yet so many people actually believe it is.

It's probably not true, but it is kind of true that they are the best popular news source. If you think about how many people watch msnbc, fox, cnn and that kind of news, then the comedy shows are way better.

Ok so I finally watched the whole trailer. Is it a prequel or a sequel? How is Mike there? Intriguing.

Ok so I finally watched the whole trailer. Is it a prequel or a sequel? How is Mike there? Intriguing.
On BB was Gus dealing with saul before Walt and Jessie ever did?
I can't remember but I feel like it's the case.
If so, then it could be a prequel or sequel regardless of Mike.

Also didn't something happen to Mike in BB? Like prison or he fled the country or something?
In that case it would have to be a prequel. I have no clue apparently.

Disregard this post

Mostly a prequel, although the show opens in a Cinnabon in Omaha post Breaking Bad before going to flashback mode to tell Saul's origin story. So a lot of possibilities to play with the timeline. Mike is a regular so I'm sure they'll show how he started working with Saul. I hope this means we'll also see a Giancarlo Esposito guest spot and some backstory on how Mike started in with Gus and how they built the Los Pollos Hermanos empire. I predict Raymond Cruz will reprise Tuco in a few early episodes as well.

On BB was Gus dealing with saul before Walt and Jessie ever did?
I can't remember but I feel like it's the case.
If so, then it could be a prequel or sequel regardless of Mike.

Also didn't something happen to Mike in BB? Like prison or he fled the country or something?
In that case it would have to be a prequel. I have no clue apparently.

Saul never met Gus in Breaking Bad. Mike was the intermediary. So any Gus/Mike storyline will have to be told apart from Saul. If you don't remember what happened to Mike rewatch the "Say My Name" episode from the fifth season.