What's new

Better trade?

Better trade:

• Total voters

JazzFever

Both contributed roughly equally to the success of the Jazz during their tenure.

Ultimate haul for Mitchell trade: Ochai, Lauri, Sexton, 3 firsts unprotected, 2 Swaps from Cleveland
Ultimate haul for the Gobert trade: Kessler, THT, Toscano-Anderson, Damian Jones, Minnesota 4 1sts unprotected, 2027 Lakers 1st (lightly protected- also lost 2 2nds in the deal)

Initial reports on both trades:

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1680290-rudy-gobert-picked-by-denver-nuggets-scouting-report-and-analysis

Please post any corrections on any errors on assets given/received in responses. Left out any assets let go without recompense (i.e. Westbrook)

BTW, in my view, even with Kessler's emergence, its ended up surprisingly close.

Ochai looks like someone who could be an all-star eventually, Lauri already is one, Sexton replaces a good chunk of what Mitchell gave us. The swaps may end up in our favor in the timeline they show up in. Mitchell's crunch time #'s still looking bad vs our team's lion heart in the crunch.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Conley/Gobert not actually enough to keep Minnesota even solidly in the playoff hunt, and as mentioned, Kessler basically being a 1/1 replacement for Gobert on his own, on a rookie scale contract vs Max. THT playing solid, and the players we gave to the Lakers may not be enough to get them in the playoffs anyway (though that doesn't particularly aide us, always glad not to be helping the Lakers win.)

Insane how favorable both trades look right now.

And as to the original trades- the pick given for Rudy ended up being Erick Green who played mostly one year of G-League before being waived.

Trey Lyles still in the league but Denver rescinded his qualifying offer after the end of his rookie contract, so lost him for nothing.

It depends on what your frame of reference is on a trade. The way I see it, it's about the value of the parts traded at that time. In that sense, we didn't give up anything for Rudy. Our pick became Tyler Lydon and, while we can look at that in hindsight that it didn't have any value as he really didn't spend any time in the league, but the hypothetical value of that pick at that time is much higher.

It depends on what your frame of reference is on a trade. The way I see it, it's about the value of the parts traded at that time. In that sense, we didn't give up anything for Rudy. Our pick became Tyler Lydon and, while we can look at that in hindsight that it didn't have any value as he really didn't spend any time in the league, but the hypothetical value of that pick at that time is much higher.
This is why I went with rudy

So far the Mitchell trade netted us Lauri so that's the better trade looking back at the original trades. But I think the jury is still out. We got an incredible amount for Gobert, way more than he deserved especially in comparison to Mitchell.

But also keep in mind we could have just drafted Giannis and Gobert without a trade. We had to trade up for Mitchell.