What's new

Betting Thread

Okay, so I'm pretty upset about losing this much money, but I guess this is the nature of gambling. I'm gonna keep on playing for the time being.

I learned 2 things:

1. I should keep my bets small. I was doing really well, winning slightly more than losing. I think that kind of momentum is sustainable. I shouldn't have made a large bet before I at least made the money back. I will stick to relatively small bets until I build up a reserve.

2. I will never again do a spread bet for a Jazz game. The whole time I was thinking about how the Jazz can cover the spread. Winning by a smaller margin would have felt like a loss. It pretty much ruins my enjoyment of the game. I will only do moneyline bets when I feel the odds make sense.

I will go drown my sorrow in whiskey now.

Okay, so I'm pretty upset about losing this much money, but I guess this is the nature of gambling. I'm gonna keep on playing for the time being.

I learned 2 things:

1. I should keep my bets small. I was doing really well, winning slightly more than losing. I think that kind of momentum is sustainable. I shouldn't have made a large bet before I at least made the money back. I will stick to relatively small bets until I build up a reserve.

2. I will never again do a spread bet for a Jazz game. The whole time I was thinking about how the Jazz can cover the spread. Winning by a smaller margin would have felt like a loss. It pretty much ruins my enjoyment of the game. I will only do moneyline bets when I feel the odds make sense.

I will go drown my sorrow in whiskey now.

Yeah, I would say stay away from Jazz games. Part of being good at betting is to look at everything without any bias, and that is hard to do with a team you're a fan of.

So I know I said I wouldn't do spread bets on the Jazz, but they're at -2 against the Nuggets. Too good a bet to pass up on. It seems game against Portland hurt their stock.

I put $200 on it.

Reactions: MVP
2. I will never again do a spread bet for a Jazz game.

That's pretty much unwritten rule of any sports betting. Never bet on teams you have emotional involvement. Means not on favorites or not on most hated ones either.

That's pretty much unwritten rule of any sports betting. Never bet on teams you have emotional involvement. Means not on favorites or not on most hated ones either.

I agree, but -2 against the Nuggets? That's pretty much a moneyline bet.

I'm just gonna go ahead and put down $500. **** it.
:^O

Good luck.
Don't die

Oops my bad.

Good luck on the nuggy2hundo

It's in Denver. To me looks like typical trap game and I expect Jazz to lose this one.

$500 on Jazz to make up loss from last night.

-2 is too small, Gallinari is very streaky, he has been hot, so i'm expecting a cold game from him. Faried is under-sized, Hickson no offensive skills

Any bets done today should be parlayed with the Bengals to cover in honor of jonny football starting

So I know I said I wouldn't do spread bets on the Jazz, but they're at -2 against the Nuggets. Too good a bet to pass up on. It seems game against Portland hurt their stock.

I put $200 on it.

B2B. Road game. Favors is sick.

Uh oh.

Cy, how do you feel about MSU tonight? I love them at -7. I feel like they should win by 13-17. Something like 23-10. I like the under too but am staying away.

I agree, but -2 against the Nuggets? That's pretty much a moneyline bet.

I like it.

Nuggets have to get some stuff at the rim with their team. I like the Neto matchup on Mudiay since he is TO prone. Only thing I don't like is the Favors situation. He looked sick yesterday and I doubt he has gotten much better in a day. That is the only thing that would give me some doubts.

If you want an easy bet though, take Miss St. over Missouri tonight at -8 (it might be down to -7.5 now). That is a sure thing.

I like it.

Nuggets have to get some stuff at the rim with their team. I like the Neto matchup on Mudiay since he is TO prone. Only thing I don't like is the Favors situation. He looked sick yesterday and I doubt he has gotten much better in a day. That is the only thing that would give me some doubts.

If you want an easy bet though, take Miss St. over Missouri tonight at -8 (it might be down to -7.5 now). That is a sure thing.

Missouri has scored over 20 points 3 times all year.

Miss St has scored over 40 in the last 3 games.

MSUMizzou.jpg

Easy money