What's new

Bill and Jalen's Jazz Preview

I loved Simmons about 14 years ago when his Page 2 articles were just warming up. Now, he just feels overexposed and like a semi-sellout, becoming the same mainstream part of pop culture he always (and still does) wrote about and in some ways poked fun at. Sort of ironic really.

This is true. He is a shell of his former self. From about 2000 - 2004 he is was lights out. He was must read and you couldn't wait for his next column. He just isn't very good any more, period. The best thing I can say about him these days has nothing to do with his writing, but rather that he started Grantland and he has hired some real quality guys for the site.

This is true. He is a shell of his former self. From about 2000 - 2004 he is was lights out. He was must read and you couldn't wait for his next column. He just isn't very good any more, period. The best thing I can say about him these days has nothing to do with his writing, but rather that he started Grantland and he has hired some real quality guys for the site.

I love the dramatic PERIOD.

In today's BS Report/podcast Bill and Zach Lowe discussed Marcus Smart and Dante Exum(at about 25:30) among other things. Bill is still in love with Smart, but I loved how Lowe shut him out about his "Smart is a star" comments. Lol, priceless...

https://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=11821589

They had nice things to say about Exum, they seem impressed with his adjustment to the pace of the game and his speed, Lowe has noticed him blocking people around the perimeter.

They had nice things to say about Exum, they seem impressed with his adjustment to the pace of the game and his speed, Lowe has noticed him blocking people around the perimeter.

Exum's length is definitely an asset. He's going to block/change shots and he'll be able to deflect or intercept some passes. It's going to be fun to see him develop, I know we all had concerns, but through 4 games I'm convinced his floor is at least a quality starter. Ceiling? Got my fingers crossed and don't yet dare to dream.

In today's BS Report/podcast Bill and Zach Lowe discussed Marcus Smart and Dante Exum(at about 25:30) among other things. Bill is still in love with Smart, but I loved how Lowe shut him out about his "Smart is a star" comments. Lol, priceless...

https://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=11821589

Simmons also said we have skyrocketed in his League Pass rankings, so that's cool.

just lol bill simmons. what a clown. hahaha

don't follow bill simmons' path jalen

And next season they'll undoubtedly talk about how we're a team of the future yet they'll still rank us too low....