What's new

Bill and Jalen's Jazz Preview

I like reading simmons, I'm not a hater by any means...but him thinking we are planning to play Gobert/Favors/Kanter at the same time is just dumb. You can tell neither of them gave a **** about this segment. You don't have to follow the jazz to know that, that idea just doesn't make any sense.

Well Exum just outplayed Randle.

There ya go Simmons.

Yeah, I kinda sat there watching the game thinking he already has a good feel for the game, plays decent defense, makes good passes and seems like a 'player'.

Exum's shooting is really his only glaring weakness at the moment. And if that's your ONLY glaring weakness, I think he'll at least be OK.

Yeah, I kinda sat there watching the game thinking he already has a good feel for the game, plays decent defense, makes good passes and seems like a 'player'.

Exum's shooting is really his only glaring weakness at the moment. And if that's your ONLY glaring weakness, I think he'll at least be OK.
He is shooting 41% from the field and 50% from 3 with a TS% of .606.?

I was thinking the same thing when I read the comment. There's something about the shot that looks funny, but it's going in so I'm not sure it should be classified as a glaring weakness.

His shot is not totally broken, but he doesn't set his feet right a lot of the time and shoots off balance. His shot is improved(purely form-wise and technique) a lot from his U18 games. He used to shoot it consistently on his way down from the jump and the shot used to be very flat. I don't know if it is Jazz coaching or his personal coach that he hired that improved some of those things.

Didn't Simmons laud the Jazz pick on draft night? Didn't he specifically say that he wanted Boston to get him?

Rep if someone finds video of that.

Here's one more. Bill talking to Chad Ford. Bill says about Exum that he sees him as "6'6'' Dwayne Wade". He also mentions that he thinks 76s will take him because they don't mind being bad next year and they are looking at the long term, "taking players that are projects"...He also seemed really excited about how young he is and said "In year 3 he's going to be a 21 year old NBA player" ...

https://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11126598 (the part about Exum starts at about 33:50)

So once the Celtics got Smart, Exum is no longer a long term project, he's a bust right now guy who's gonna get killed by Smart and all the other awesome prospects that got drafted after him.

His shot is not totally broken, but he doesn't set his feet right a lot of the time and shoots off balance. His shot is improved(purely form-wise and technique) a lot from his U18 games. He used to shoot it consistently on his way down from the jump and the shot used to be very flat. I don't know if it is Jazz coaching or his personal coach that he hired that improved some of those things.
There seem to be fewer moving parts now compared to his older videos. Feet/shoulder are squared better, straight up, no weird flailing. A little mechanical currently, but it's easy to see the changes/improvements he's made to his form. I wonder if Novak is helping Gordo and Exum with their shot mechanics, especially since the changes they've made have been to clean up the unnecessary motion (Novak's shot is pretty compact).

There seem to be fewer moving parts now compared to his older videos. Feet/shoulder are squared better, straight up, no weird flailing. A little mechanical currently, but it's easy to see the changes/improvements he's made to his form. I wonder if Novak is helping Gordo and Exum with their shot mechanics, especially since the changes they've made have been to clean up the unnecessary motion (Novak's shot is pretty compact).

Ye I also noticed he has noticably improved his shot since Summer League and World Cup.

His release has seen the most changes. If I'm a little bit bored I'll find 2 vids where you can see the difference in his shooting motion.

Dante Exum is going to be pretty good. I really believe that. I think bill Simmons is going to eat major Crow. Dante has the potential tp be a top 20 player in the league. Big time!

Keep trollin trollin trolling trollin (WHAT?) Keep trollin trollin trollin trollin (YEAH!)

3o3QaSt.jpg

I think that preview was buffoonish ... Bill Simmons is too arrogant for his own good, and Jalen has a good personality but somewhat of a dimwit.

Dante Exum is going to be pretty good. I really believe that. I think bill Simmons is going to eat major Crow. Dante has the potential tp be a top 20 player in the league. Big time!

he will quickly change his stand. he can easily go with 'we finally got to see him. there was no tape on him' excuse.

Surprised the rage hasn't continued...

The outdated Bill and Jalen records of teampreviews of the Magic and another one contain not so subtle Jazz bashing in some form.

And now there's this:

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-annual-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-1/

and it contains the following excerpt
Simmons: I nearly gave myself a concussion leaping on the hood of the Exum bandwagon as it started pulling away. Did you see him in the preseason? It looked like Kobe cloned the teenage version of himself and added an Australian accent. I’m all in! Easily my fastest flip-flop ever — and that’s saying something.

So that's two flip-flops in the matter of 4 months for a guy who Simmons himself said is a long-term project. Very impressive! Vegas should offer odds about how many times Simmons will flip-flop on Exum before the end of the year.... end of the season? End of Exum's career?