What's new

Bill and Jalen's Jazz Preview

The Kings review was pretty funny. Even though these guys aren't the best, I still watch the previews.

Simmons changes his mind all the time. I love him for his unapologetic hyperbole. Would we want him to be reserved and cautious? No, that's Lowe's job. And to be fair--and I'm the biggest Exum fanboy here, I think he's going to be a huge deal for the franchise--there are a lot of questions with him. I think the more we see of him though, the less scary these questions are becoming. The fear that he'd be too over sized to play the 1 and not have a real position--alleviated. For everything his game lacks right now, he's got amazing natural PG instincts. His shot looks fine. His handling isn't great but has gotten noticeably better already. And that rumor about him not being able to go left is hogwash.

For whatever reason, he couldn't get on the floor during Fiba. This is why Simmons and a lot of people got down on him. Exum just needs to get used to playing against actual basketball players.

Simmons changes his mind all the time. I love him for his unapologetic hyperbole. Would we want him to be reserved and cautious? No, that's Lowe's job. And to be fair--and I'm the biggest Exum fanboy here, I think he's going to be a huge deal for the franchise--there are a lot of questions with him. I think the more we see of him though, the less scary these questions are becoming. The fear that he'd be too over sized to play the 1 and not have a real position--alleviated. For everything his game lacks right now, he's got amazing natural PG instincts. His shot looks fine. His handling isn't great but has gotten noticeably better already. And that rumor about him not being able to go left is hogwash.

For whatever reason, he couldn't get on the floor during Fiba. This is why Simmons and a lot of people got down on him. Exum just needs to get used to playing against actual basketball players.

I agree. The improvement on his shot and ball handling make me feel great. His conditioning appears fine for the amount of time he gets. The reports I have seen say he is a very hard worker. I am riding on the Exum badnwagon for sure.

This is from Bill Simmon's and Zach Lowe's recent League Pass rankings:

I’ve never done a faster 180, in my entire career, than the one I pulled off with Dante Exum. Not only did Jalen and I crush the Exum pick in our preview, but when you and I worked on the first draft of this piece, here’s what I wrote: “For me, the Exum subplot is 100 times more fascinating than anything Philly is offering. He might be superduperduper raw, and on top of that, three lottery picks taken right after him (Marcus Smart, Julius Randle and my Rookie Of The Year Choice To Be Revealed A Little Bit Later) could be kicking *** right away. That has a chance to be one of this century’s legendarily bad lottery picks.”

I nearly gave myself a concussion leaping on the hood of the Exum bandwagon as it started pulling away. Did you see him in the preseason? It looked like Kobe cloned the teenage version of himself and added an Australian accent. I’m all in! Easily my fastest flip-flop ever — and that’s saying something.

This is from Bill Simmon's and Zach Lowe's recent League Pass rankings:

I’ve never done a faster 180, in my entire career, than the one I pulled off with Dante Exum. Not only did Jalen and I crush the Exum pick in our preview, but when you and I worked on the first draft of this piece, here’s what I wrote: “For me, the Exum subplot is 100 times more fascinating than anything Philly is offering. He might be superduperduper raw, and on top of that, three lottery picks taken right after him (Marcus Smart, Julius Randle and my Rookie Of The Year Choice To Be Revealed A Little Bit Later) could be kicking *** right away. That has a chance to be one of this century’s legendarily bad lottery picks.”

I nearly gave myself a concussion leaping on the hood of the Exum bandwagon as it started pulling away. Did you see him in the preseason? It looked like Kobe cloned the teenage version of himself and added an Australian accent. I’m all in! Easily my fastest flip-flop ever — and that’s saying something.
Bill is still a little bitch, who doesn't belong on tv YouTube radio or anywhere else. He's the biggest hack of all time.

I'm very satisfied with the turn this thread has taken. If new Jazz puns come up in the recordings, I'll share them ;)

There seem to be fewer moving parts now compared to his older videos. Feet/shoulder are squared better, straight up, no weird flailing. A little mechanical currently, but it's easy to see the changes/improvements he's made to his form. I wonder if Novak is helping Gordo and Exum with their shot mechanics, especially since the changes they've made have been to clean up the unnecessary motion (Novak's shot is pretty compact).

I've wondered if the biggest basketball reason they acquired Novak was as (an additional) shooting coach, myself. Maybe there's something to that.

Simmons is covering his *** or he'll lose credibility. Not sure why people say Exum is like Kobe. For one thing, he's clearly a point guard with speed, rather than a 2-guard with elastic hops.

If I was the coach I'd get the young Jazz players watch this. It could be an effective way to motivate players.

I loved Simmons about 14 years ago when his Page 2 articles were just warming up. Now, he just feels overexposed and like a semi-sellout, becoming the same mainstream part of pop culture he always (and still does) wrote about and in some ways poked fun at. Sort of ironic really.

LOL .. the Pacers #20 was the last of the series apparently due to Bill Simmon's ESPN suspension... check out the final 2 min. of this show:

What a jip!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTLhyRNlwk&list=UUwLr_DYKR8aS0k4r8bB5I5Q

I loved Simmons about 14 years ago when his Page 2 articles were just warming up. Now, he just feels overexposed and like a semi-sellout, becoming the same mainstream part of pop culture he always (and still does) wrote about and in some ways poked fun at. Sort of ironic really.

Hipster