What's new

Blake Griffin to Detroit Pistons

Can't help but think we could have gotten Blake with a similar deal... a 1st and a 2nd and Favors/Hood.

Gobert
Blake
Mitchell

Big 3.
His contract is outrageous though. He is also quite a bit older than Mitchell and 3 years older than Mitchell. Blake is set to make 39 million the year Mitchell will need his new contract.

I like him but I think that contract could kill us going forward. Especially with his health history and his age.

I have a hard time believing LA couldn't find a better deal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm hearing this year's draft could even be stronger than last though so maybe they're thinking they get Det's pick PLUS if they tank they get another pick in the lottery, that's 2 picks on the lottery.

Considering how good last year'd draft was, imagine having Dennis Smith Junior AND Markkanen on your team - that's a nice base to build off of.

I'm hearing this year's draft could even be stronger than last though so maybe they're thinking they get Det's pick PLUS if they tank they get another pick in the lottery, that's 2 picks on the lottery.

Considering how good last year'd draft was, imagine having Dennis Smith Junior AND Markkanen on your team - that's a nice base to build off of.

so what you're trying to say OL is .. it's been a SOLID trade for the clips ???

so what you're trying to say OL is .. it's been a SOLID trade for the clips ???

I like that they have a DIRECTION. Unlike the Jazz at the moment. We have never actually tanked PROPERLY. We're stuck in no man's land.

I like that Jerry West has been in the job for less than half a year and now they have a clear direction. They've now got 2 potentially lottery firsts. They could get more from DeAndre and Lou. They could be looking at 2-3 lottery picks and that's a GREAT base to work off of with.

Sometimes you have to tear down the house to build a castle.

I like that they have a DIRECTION. Unlike the Jazz at the moment. We have never actually tanked PROPERLY. We're stuck in no man's land.

I like that Jerry West has been in the job for less than half a year and now they have a clear direction. They've now got 2 potentially lottery firsts. They could get more from DeAndre and Lou. They could be looking at 2-3 lottery picks and that's a GREAT base to work off of with.

so they have direction .. but do they have a clear VISION ???? I like to see some FORETHOUGHT rather than a random FIRESALE !!!

so they have direction .. but do they have a clear VISION ???? I like to see some FORETHOUGHT rather than a random FIRESALE !!!

Jerry West helped kick start the Warriors run to Championship by tanking to grab Harrison Barnes from us... yah I think he's proven he has plenty of VISION.

And what direction is that? Jordan is expiring probably won't get a first for him. The 1st round pick they got from Detroit won't be high, mid 1st. The biggest thing the trade did was free up a **** load of money with Blake's mega max off the books and Avery Bradley soon expiring.

After this year tanking will largely be ineffective, so even if their terrible not a guarantee of a top 3 pick in coming years. Their direction is undefined.

Let me take this time to declare that "blockbuster" has got to be the most abused word in the small dictionary of sports-speak.

And what direction is that? Jordan is expiring probably won't get a first for him. The 1st round pick they got from Detroit won't be high, mid 1st. The biggest thing the trade did was free up a **** load of money with Blake's mega max off the books and Avery Bradley soon expiring.

After this year tanking will largely be ineffective, so even if their terrible not a guarantee of a top 3 pick in coming years. Their direction is undefined.

Well if like you said the have cleared up their cap space that's even better, they could have a mid 1st, and a lottery (their own pick if they tank properly), that's 2 nice young piece. LA is still a destination, who wouldn't want to join a young team being put together by Jerry West?

OH, and BTW, didn't LeBron buy a house in LA in the offseason?

Could LeBron be pursuaded by Jerry West to join the Clippers with all that cap space?!?!

Could LeBron be pursuaded by Jerry West to join the Clippers with all that cap space?!?!

No way LeBron becomes a bum clipper .. he'd sooner become a Jazz player

yep i'll bet you the Clippers suck for the next 10 years.

Maybe if Paul George and him collude to both go there. Gallo is still on the books though, affording both not possible unless they find a taker for Gallo.