What's new

Bleacher: Gobert + Royce for Dinwiddie, Allen, LaVert

If the Jazz can add a dynamic wing, then they have the same thing with Gobert, Mitchell, dynamic wing and Bogdanovic.

The thing is "if" they feel they have to trade Gobert for whatever reason. You don't trade Gobert just to trade Gobert. I also Like the trade to NY if you can get RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson.

I feel like all these guys suck on defense. But maybe I’m wrong. The Nets were 8th in defensive efficiency and better than us.

I think this is a good amount of talent for the Jazz to get for Gobert, but I don't see both LeVert and Dinwiddie being a good fit with Mitchell. All three are best maximized as ball dominant scorers on offense and neither LeVert nor Dinwiddie are good floor spacers. The Nets have struggled to get Dinwidie and LeVert to work together, and adding Mitchell to the mix would be tough. Defensively, I don't think these three would be great either. Allen is a good young player so he is a nice piece.

If we could include another team and flip LeVert or Dinwiddie for a good PF (and move Bojan to SF) then I would like it. something like:
Jazz: Dinwiddie, Allen, Aaron Gordon
Nets: Gobert, Williams-Goss
Magic: LeVert

Jazz Lineup:
Starters: Conley, Mitchell, Bojan, Gordon, Allen
Key reserves: Dinwiddie, Ingles, O'Neale, Niang, Bradley

That would be a talented team and I don't think you would be asking anyone to take on to big of a role (like we did of Ingles and O'Neale this year IMO). If you bring back Favors then it would be a home-court level team.

Last edited:
I'm not trading Gobert for crap quite honestly. Some picks would be nice vs. just a ton of guys to match salary, but I get it.
This definitely isnt crap. This is 3 starter quality players, all of whom which have borderline All-Star potential (especially Levert if he can stay healthy) if they max out.

This definitely isnt crap. This is 3 starter quality players, all of whom which have borderline All-Star potential (especially Levert if he can stay healthy) if they max out.

Dinwiddie has a player option and will bolt after one year. Allen is in the last year of his contract and is due for a pay raise.

We would get financial flexibility, sure, not necessarily long term pieces.

Dinwiddie has a player option and will bolt after one year. Allen is in the last year of his contract and is due for a pay raise.

We would get financial flexibility, sure, not necessarily long term pieces.
Dinwidde is going to go where paid. He has no reason to bolt if the jazz pay him.

Dinwidde is going to go where paid. He has no reason to bolt if the jazz pay him.

Perhaps, but he's going to want and get more than $12M per. How much just depends.

Jazz are in a tough scenario, no doubt. Though I love Gobert, I'd rather get some assets vs. just let him walk since I can't see him being replaced by a marquee guy.

I think this is a good amount of talent for the Jazz to get for Gobert, but I don't see both LeVert and Dinwiddie being a good fit with Mitchell. All three are best maximized as ball dominant scorers on offense and neither LeVert nor Dinwiddie are good floor spacers. The Nets have struggled to get Dinwidie and LeVert to work together, and adding Mitchell to the mix would be tough. Defensively, I don't think these three would be great either. Allen is a good young player so he is a nice piece.

If we could include another team and flip LeVert or Dinwiddie for a good PF (and move Bojan to SF) then I would like it. something like:
Jazz: Dinwiddie, Allen, Aaron Gordon
Nets: Gobert, Williams-Goss
Magic: LeVert

Jazz Lineup:
Starters: Conley, Mitchell, Bojan, Gordon, Allen
Key reserves: Dinwiddie, Ingles, O'Neale, Niang, Bradley

That would be a talented team and I don't think you would be asking anyone to take on to big of a role (like we did of Ingles and O'Neale this year IMO). If you bring back Favors then it would be a home-court level team.

I find this hilarious. You say LaVert wouldn't be good for the jazz because of floor spacing (he shoots 39% from the 3)..... and then replace him with someone who is even worse at spacing the floor (Gordon at 32% from the 3)

Kind of oxymoronic there my friend.

The Nets WERE AT THEIR BEST. With LaVert AND Dinwiddie starting with Kyrie not playing at all sir

What are the chances we will have to eventually first trade Gobert then a few years down the road trade Mitchell?

from comments I’ve read on here seems the speculation is Mitchell is counting the years before he can sign somewhere else.

let’s pretend the this is the case, wouldn’t it be best to trade Mitchell now as far as value goes? If that be the case, we may want to keep Gobert.

I find this hilarious. You say LaVert wouldn't be good for the jazz because of floor spacing (he shoots 39% from the 3)..... and then replace him with someone who is even worse at spacing the floor (Gordon at 32% from the 3)

Kind of oxymoronic there my friend.

The Nets WERE AT THEIR BEST. With LaVert AND Dinwiddie starting with Kyrie not playing at all sir
I am not saying LeVert or Dinwiddie are bad players, I just don't think the Jazz should add both of them to the roster given that we already have Mitchell since all three really play the same position/role. I don't really care which of LeVert or Dinwiddie is kept, just think our team talent would be better maximized if assets were spread over more positions. (I also have a long history of thinking Gordon would be better outside Orlando).

As far as LeVert specifically, I actually didn't realize he shot 38% this year, good for him. I was just going off memory which wasn't to far off since last year he was about 31% and had been under 33% for his career. I definitely think LeVert has the most upside of the three Nets players, but at this point I don't trust him to be healthy.

Levert is interesting as he has a nice contract and show some potential, but than the convo over him should be what level he should be expected to reach

Buddy Hield level ? Tobias Harris level ? CJ McCollum level ? Bradley Beal level ?

In any case, he's still a 1 to 3 guy, not a 4, we for sure can use more athleticism and defense there, but maybe then we'd want to trade Ingles or Bojan (both sf that can play as sg or some pg - more Ingles than Bojan tho - but can't defend as pf) for some real PF.

That being said, the Dinwiddle that played this season could make our defense better, but at 41% fg and 30% from deep, id stick with Clarkson as the 6th man. And i'm not even taking Conley into account

Allen to Gobert is such a downgrade that any comparison should be taken as some sort of real disrespect encouraging him to consider that our fanbase doesn't value him enough when his time to make a fa decision comes

Last edited:
If the salary cap drops by 20% or 25%, then maybe giving Rudy a supermax isn't such a bad thing--assuming the cap is going to increase again in the next few years.

A $35M/year deal could become a $28M/year deal.

I think the cap has to drop. Teams aren't making money like they normally would. I can't see a scenario where it even stays the same next year because of everything that has happened

My guess is the cap drops and with it, contract amounts also decline inline.

Outside of Giannis, I really can't think of anyone in the association I would give the supermax to. It's just too much money.