Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Player 6

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Player 7

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Player 8

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters

Player 5 - 13.9 pts - 2 ast - 3.6 reb - .5 stl - .4 blks - 43/35.5/81 - 7 three point attempts per game

23 year old Ochai - Rookie

Player 9 - 9.4 pts - 1.5 ast - 2.3 reb - 0.8 stl - 0.2 blk - 48/38/83 - 2 three point attempts per game

23 year old Mystery Player 9 - Rookie

GPGSMINFGFG%3PT3P%FTFT%ORDRREBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS
824824.73.3-6.948.30.8-2.038.22.0-2.482.90.61.72.31.50.20.81.91.19.4

HH, who do you take between these two? Should we add him to the poll?
I mean the poll is closed, but once you take Mr. Matthews numbers out to per 36 numbers he would be likely picked well ahead of Ochai. Its a fair potential outcome though.

jazz_1022~3.jpg

Why... that's WES MATTHEWS!!!

He was a very serviceable player for an old rookie who got most of his starts the second half of the season. I think Ochai has a similar trajectory.
Sorry bro. Bring all the comps you want to the table and HH is still gonna think Ochai sucks and want to get rid of his sorry *** for garbage ASAP

I mean the poll is closed, but once you take Mr. Matthews numbers out to per 36 numbers he would be likely picked well ahead of Ochai. Its a fair potential outcome though.
Per 36 is a misleading stat. Did you play against starters? Did you play 3 minutes and get 5 points and expect you will get 60 points if you play 36?

But whatevs. 9.3 means he had a 13.3 per 36 on points. Its pretty much identical. Also, Matthew's and Ochai played similar starts but Och didn't get many minutes until the middle of the season whereas Matthew's did.

Ochai doesn't look like hand pads as some suggest, but he will be an upgrade to Royce O'Neal imho. And at a fraction of the cost.

Can we upgrade the spot? Sure. But can he make the rotation on a playoff team? Yeah, if not a starter.

Ochais minutes or lineups were not consistent all year and the bulk of his minutes came with Lauri (and his gravity) off the court. So comparing him to players in much more established roles is flawed logic.

For a rookie (even an older one) he did fine, and certainly nothing that warrants crying for wolf.

Not sure if he can step up to a starter role but at the very least he can bring shooting and defensive effort off the bench.

This was per 36 and the other player not named Ochai was Mikal Bridges' rookie year.
Very nice... the steal rate was super high though... like 4x Ochai's and I think it does tell part of the story. If Ochai become's Mikal but a much worse defender... that is a very good player. I'd be happy with that and would feel bad if I sold too low. That seems reasonable to me.

Alright... I've been labeled the #1 Ochai hater for simply saying "he might be pretty average and if we got a good offer we should consider moving him".

I thought I was number 1 until today. When none of yall voted for Player 5... which was Ochai. Yall hate him way more than me.

Here are the players:

1- Max Strus
2- Joe Harris
3- Coby White - same age as Ochai
4- Donte DiVincenzo - Number 1 vote getter
5- Ochai
6- Grayson Allen - Number 2 vote getter
7- Josh Richardson - Number 2 tie
8- Rookie year Norm Powell

I get it... he is a rookie and should improve... but is an older rookie and sometimes the things yall valued (rebs, steals, assists) aren't the things that improve a ton. It can happen but I wouldn't bank on it. I think Ochai will also improve... but the point of any potential trade would be to trade him on hype/momentum for something with higher upside. It needs to be a good deal... the equivalent of like a mid first round pick or moving up from 16 to 8 or 10... or from 9 to 5 or 6... but he is replaceable with very gettable players... if he improves by 10-15% I am not sure he fairs much better in this poll in a year.

If there is no value in a trade or if there isn't a better sg prospect that comes at 16 then of course continue down the road with Ochai and see if he pops.
For you @Bawse Dawg

That doesn’t prove anything. It really doesn’t. I could do the same thing with better players than Ochai who had worse stats.
Then do it. I'm not trying to prove he sucks... I'm trying to show that some have overhyped him. I think I have a very reasonable opinion of him as a prospect. If he takes a leap forward he looks like a lot of the guys listed in the comparison... if he takes several leaps he will be better than them.

I'm simply saying if the "idea" of Ochai or his trade value exceeds the player he is... then he is more valuable as a trade chip. I don't even know that its the case. Just got tired of people freaking out about me saying "I would consider trading the 16th pick with Ochai to get to number 8 or 10 depending on who is available".

I think the other point is that... if he is the starter next year... it might look a lot like what Grayson Allen or one of the other guys might give you. If people are fine with that then cool. I am fine with that... but if there's a chance to trade for a better prospect he is not "untouchable" at all.

Then do it. I'm not trying to prove he sucks... I'm trying to show that some have overhyped him. I think I have a very reasonable opinion of him as a prospect. If he takes a leap forward he looks like a lot of the guys listed in the comparison... if he takes several leaps he will be better than them.

I'm simply saying if the "idea" of Ochai or his trade value exceeds the player he is... then he is more valuable as a trade chip. I don't even know that its the case. Just got tired of people freaking out about me saying "I would consider trading the 16th pick with Ochai to get to number 8 or 10 depending on who is available".

I think you are overreacting to one or two guys takes. Nobody that I’ve seen outside of one or two guys has said anything unreasonable. I think Norman Powell was thrown out by local media and a couple of guys here agreed they’re similar. That would be on the higher end of Ochai’s ceiling. I think he could be a valuable Danny Green type. I think he could be an elite 3 and D player for us at his ceiling.

I have also said I would trade him to get Hendricks or Black. It just seems like you go out of your way at times to include him in trade talks so we made a joke and ran with it.