What's new

Bolerjack

Just adding my 2 cents to get my feel of this forum. I like Boler, but I can't stand his want-a-be catch phrase "Buckle Up!". It drives me nuts. As far as Harpring and boler color commentary, I like it. It's hit and miss, but I like Harpring giving Boler a hard time.

Nope. Broadband has a modified package where you can pick 5 teams. That might be what you're thinking of. When I had DirecTV they had a sports package which included Root Sports (even though I live in NJ). I still had to pay for LP otherwise it was blacked out; but at least I can always watch The Jazz feed if I wanted to - unless it was a local game.

I now have Verizon which just recently starting broadcasting LP and they're a bit behind on services. They don't carry Root Sports (except locally, I guess) and the amount of dedicated channels are limited. Sometimes you get both feeds, sometimes you don't - it depends on the number of games being played that night.

Weird. I have the same package and can choose.

If you listened to 29 other play by play announcers in the NBA like I do, you'd appreciate Boler much much more.

I have a long list of complaints, but my number one is how Boler and Harp seem to be stuck in a humorousness that is most befitting of 18-20 year olds. "Why'd you go to Georgia Tech??" "I know you went to K-State..." Seriously guys? You're joking about college choice when you're in your 40s and 50s? This is the tip of the iceberg. They just aren't funny, and they spend a lot of energy trying to be.

Every now and again they get lucky and do manage to be funny, but most of the time it does seem like they're trying too hard.

What I don't understand is how the Jazz got a guy that knows so little about basketball to call basketball games for them. I know he was KSL's sports guy for a number of years and is familiar with the sport, but really?? You would think that after being around the sport and now calling the games for what, 5-6 years? I would hope he would have more than basic knowledge about the sport he is talking about.

League pass on directv gives you both broadcasts for every game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk