What's new

Bolerjack

HighlandHomie

Let me preface this by saying I think he's great at doing play by play. He's got enough general knowledge about the game, and is appropriately excitable throughout the game.

However, there are two things he says that are pet peeves of mine.

- He continually refers to Rudy after good plays as "The Gobert Factor". He means to say "The Gobert Report" but he's got the fictional conservative blowhard (Colbert) who's name rhymes with Rudy's confused with the real-life conservative windbag (O'Reilly).

- Burks' nicknames of "Magic Man" and "Houdini" that he coined are devoid of creativity/ounce of original thought.

Flubs like calling Steven Adams, 'James' as he did for the first 10 minutes of the game last night before finally correcting himself don't bother me. They're what make him loveable.

**** Steve Brown. Long live Boler!

I like the nickname "houdini" (also chuckle when they say "mini dini")

Boler makes lots of mistakes and says some dumb things........ for me what makes him great is that he has the perfect voice for broadcasting

I switched cable providers and I no longer get Root Sports - it's hit or miss on NBALP as to whether or not I get the Jazz feed. I forgot how bad and un-prepared other play-by-play guys are around the league and how most just substitute knowledge with blatant homer-ism. Boler has his quirks but I easily put him in the top 3rd.

And I have to admit - Harpring has gone from completely annoying to somewhat tolerable. It seems like he's taken on a more light hearted approach to color commentating. My guess is the Corbin years systematically lowered his expectations.

So did Boler contract Brown's disease or did Brown come down with Boleritis?
Completely unacceptable to keep getting names wrong. If Boler and Harpring would spend more time watching the action than flirting with each other, they might be able to call a decent game.

Buckle up! I'm about to hammer down a free throw of knowledge on ya!

I am always so disappointed when I can't get the jazz feed, or when its booner and brown. I sometimes listen yo jazz highlights while I'm working to listen to them, like on Haywards game winner and treys three ball from he corner last year against the magic

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE REFS. I hate the "draws some contact no call" idiocy he does. Hate it. Especially when it wasn't even necessary to call a foul. Remember Hot Rod's "No harm no foul" call?

Hate when he gets a shot wrong. Calls a shot long when it was actually short or off to the side.

Hate when a guy shoots a 20 footer and Boler calls it a three. Then is corrected by the spotter and he says "They gave him two, must have had a foot on the line." NO HE DIDN'T. He wasn't even close to having his foot on the line.

Getting names wrong is very unacceptable and very unprofessional.

His enthusiasm is good. He's just not knowledgeable enough of basketball for my tastes.

Let me preface this by saying I think he's great at doing play by play. He's got enough general knowledge about the game, and is appropriately excitable throughout the game.

However, there are two things he says that are pet peeves of mine.

- He continually refers to Rudy after good plays as "The Gobert Factor". He means to say "The Gobert Report" but he's got the fictional conservative blowhard (Colbert) who's name rhymes with Rudy's confused with the real-life conservative windbag (O'Reilly).

- Burks' nicknames of "Magic Man" and "Houdini" that he coined are devoid of creativity/ounce of original thought.

Flubs like calling Steven Adams, 'James' as he did for the first 10 minutes of the game last night before finally correcting himself don't bother me. They're what make him loveable.

**** Steve Brown. Long live Boler!

Pretty sure he means to say Gobert Factor. Don't think he is referencing either show.

I like the nickname "houdini" (also chuckle when they say "mini dini")

Boler makes lots of mistakes and says some dumb things........ for me what makes him great is that he has the perfect voice for broadcasting

Mini dini makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I'm fine with him yelling Houdini though. Mini dini is a harpring phrase.

After listening to brown all weekend Boler didn't seem half bad.

I switched cable providers and I no longer get Root Sports - it's hit or miss on NBALP as to whether or not I get the Jazz feed. I forgot how bad and un-prepared other play-by-play guys are around the league and how most just substitute knowledge with blatant homer-ism. Boler has his quirks but I easily put him in the top 3rd.

And I have to admit - Harpring has gone from completely annoying to somewhat tolerable. It seems like he's taken on a more light hearted approach to color commentating. My guess is the Corbin years systematically lowered his expectations.

I've never used LP but I thought starting last year you could choose which team's feed you watched.

I've never used LP but I thought starting last year you could choose which team's feed you watched.

Nope. Broadband has a modified package where you can pick 5 teams. That might be what you're thinking of. When I had DirecTV they had a sports package which included Root Sports (even though I live in NJ). I still had to pay for LP otherwise it was blacked out; but at least I can always watch The Jazz feed if I wanted to - unless it was a local game.

I now have Verizon which just recently starting broadcasting LP and they're a bit behind on services. They don't carry Root Sports (except locally, I guess) and the amount of dedicated channels are limited. Sometimes you get both feeds, sometimes you don't - it depends on the number of games being played that night.

I have a long list of complaints, but my number one is how Boler and Harp seem to be stuck in a humorousness that is most befitting of 18-20 year olds. "Why'd you go to Georgia Tech??" "I know you went to K-State..." Seriously guys? You're joking about college choice when you're in your 40s and 50s? This is the tip of the iceberg. They just aren't funny, and they spend a lot of energy trying to be.

I have a long list of complaints

Im shocked.
;)

Just messin with ya naos. Your complaint that you listed is a good one

5 minutes of Steve Brown makes me want to beg the Jazz to have Bolerjack on all the games. He's no Hotrod, but he doesn't make me cringe like SB does.

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE REFS. I hate the "draws some contact no call" idiocy he does. Hate it. Especially when it wasn't even necessary to call a foul. Remember Hot Rod's "No harm no foul" call?

Hate when he gets a shot wrong. Calls a shot long when it was actually short or off to the side.

Hate when a guy shoots a 20 footer and Boler calls it a three. Then is corrected by the spotter and he says "They gave him two, must have had a foot on the line." NO HE DIDN'T. He wasn't even close to having his foot on the line.

Getting names wrong is very unacceptable and very unprofessional.

His enthusiasm is good. He's just not knowledgeable enough of basketball for my tastes.

His lack of ability to call a 3 is just baffling to me. It's like he's unaware that all you have to do is look at the ref near the 3 point shooter...if his hands are in the air with 3 fingers up, it's a 3. If the arm is down with two fingers sticking out, it's a 2. I'm stunned nobody has told him this yet.

And yeah, he's called many "3s" when the guy was completely inside of the line.