What's new

Boozer KFAN rumor

First off........ whether or not the Magic trade for Boozer or not they still have a huge payroll. The guy who owns the Orlando Magic is Loaded. So it doesn't make much of a difference to them and they are already invested in a lot of money in there players. And they have a short window because of Lewis & Carters age. And they need to keep Dwight happy.

Jazz should do this for Gortat. I don't even care who they thrown in with him if it comes down to it. But I would demand that Pietrus be included. I prefer Matthews over Redick. And Bass won't get playing time with Gortat, Millsap, Okur, AK and maybe Fesenko. We would have a log jam unless there was another trade in the works.

Let Korver walk
Resign Matthews & Fesenko
S&T Boozer, Koufos, Price for Gortat & Pietrus & Bass
Sign Steve Blake or Duhon
Resign Gaines

D-Will - Blake/Duhon - Gaines
Matthews - Miles
AK - Pietrus - Hayward
Millsap - Bass
Gortat - Okur - Fesenko

A lot of moves but it is realistic in terms of talent. I know a lot of you won't like this team because you can't visually see the stats because Millsap and Gortat haven't played full years starting. But the fact is when these guys were given big minutes they performed. Gortat is a huge bargain. He makes around 7 Million. Look at guys like Dalembert, Biedrins, Chandler etc. Gortat is more durable and is athletic and long. And will be paid less than all of these players.
We will have a hustle team like no other. Watching AK, Millsap & Gortat running around the court help defending and diving for loose balls. And we can score with anybody. Defensively we will surprise a lot of people.
AK is not going anywhere unless the trade deadline comes up and we get a good offer.

Gortat would be SUCH a solid piece in a Jerry Sloan/Utah Jazz scheme. With Millsap and AK at the 4 and Gortat at the 5 I'd feel very comfortable. A year and a half in Utah and people wouldn't be complaining about his long deal, but would most likely be giddy that we have him tied up that long at relatively cheap. Add in Pietrus and this is a great trade, IMO.

Hollinger thinks the Jazz would demand Anderson and Gortat. I would do it if they throw in a wing like Pietrus or Reddick

Hollinger thinks the Jazz would demand Anderson and Gortat. I would do it if they throw in a wing like Pietrus or Reddick

The advantage to getting "merely" Anderson and Gortat is $$$$. If Orlando throws in the Turko trade exception, then Orlando can take back a big Boozer contract and we can take back only a fraction. I mean, Anderson + Gortat is something near or just below $9M, if I'm not mistaken. The Jazz FO would like that very much... a C and a backup PF.

If they don't have the inside corner on Gortat, then I'm still very optimistic that they have their eye on somebody else.... The draft makes soooo little sense otherwise.

Before re-signing Matthews and Fes, the Jazz have about $60M committed in salary. Adding Gortat and Anderson brings that up to about $67.7M for 10 players. Bringing back Fes, Matthews and one more player (back-up PG) would probably put the Jazz about $4M over the tax. Is that team worth it? I don't see how Redick or Pietrus could be included in the Boozer trade without the FO being forced to cut major salary at the trade deadline.

Before re-signing Matthews and Fes, the Jazz have about $60M committed in salary. Adding Gortat and Anderson brings that up to about $67.7M for 10 players. Bringing back Fes, Matthews and one more player (back-up PG) would probably put the Jazz about $4M over the tax. Is that team worth it? I don't see how Redick or Pietrus could be included in the Boozer trade without the FO being forced to cut major salary at the trade deadline.

+1. Orlando's trade exemption makes this very doable financially. If the Jazz were to get this offer, and then turn it down... we as fans should be very upset. Of course, we'll never know the full workings of these situations.

We're paying the LT this year whether we like it or not. The FO is prepared for it. How much we'll pay will be the question.

Yeah... cuz... there isn't anybody in our conference with more than one seven-footer... who we always have trouble matching up against...

Yeah....cuz..... the Jazz always play the matchups.......... I mean....... we had 2 7 footers this year....... and we didnt play them together against hte Lakers.

Yeah....cuz..... the Jazz always play the matchups.......... I mean....... we had 2 7 footers this year....... and we didnt play them together against hte Lakers.

I was talking about the Isotopes. Where do you get off thinking I was talking about the Lakers?
homer_mascot.jpg

I'm not sure we can really speculate on anything until the biggest domino falls....

Once that happens then it will become more clear where everyone else is going.

So when we know what's happening, then we can speculate?

If you want.

But until Lebron decides where to go any one of the big name FAs can go from NY to LA.

Sorry, but I think it's just a little premature to speculate since everyone is waiting on Lebron to decide. No team wants to waste money on someone like Boozer if they still believe they have a shot at Lebron.

If you want.

But until Lebron decides where to go any one of the big name FAs can go from NY to LA.

Sorry, but I think it's just a little premature to speculate since everyone is waiting on Lebron to decide. No team wants to waste money on someone like Boozer if they still believe they have a shot at Lebron.

Orlando doesn't have a shot at Lebron... care to speculate?

I'm not sure we can really speculate on anything until the biggest domino falls....

Once that happens then it will become more clear where everyone else is going.

Exactly. Lebron needs to be the first and will probably take at least 1 other MAX FA with him (unless he stays in Cleveland). Bosh is also a key to where Boozer lands. If Bosh ends up in Miami, Carlos winds up with a broken heart and then the fun really begins.

3-Way w/ Charlotte?

UT gets: Chandler (1 yr commitment vs 4yr/28M in Gortat) & future ORL 1st
ORL gets: Boozer
CHA get: Gortat/Pietrus

or CHA gets Gortat/Carter & ORL gets Boozer/Jax

The Orlando & Utah trade speculation has nothing to do with Lebron. Boozer isn't going to play with Lebron. Bosh & Amare have more pull to be with Lebron. Boozer isn't stupid. And Boozer loves Florida and Dwight and Boozer are close friends. Boozer for sure gets to play for a contender.

Utah actually has more pull in this trade. Because Orlando is in a desperate position. They can't sign anyone they have to trade. If Utah does not do the trade Orlando is hurting more than the Jazz are. That is why Orlando might have to over pay a little bit in terms of talent. Which should make things interesting.

Hopefully Gortat Pietrus and trade exemption is what we get.