What's new

Boozer KFAN rumor

I would rather have Brandon Bass over Anderson. Also remember Gortat is young. He might look 45 but he is only 25.

3-Way w/ Charlotte?

UT gets: Chandler (1 yr commitment vs 4yr/28M in Gortat) & future ORL 1st
ORL gets: Boozer
CHA get: Gortat/Pietrus

or CHA gets Gortat/Carter & ORL gets Boozer/Jax

Are you insane. You would rather have Chandler than Gortat & Pietrus or Bass?

Chandler has way too much risk because of injuries. And he gets paid more this year. Which means we are over the luxury more.

Gortat is better already right now. and adding Pietrus in the deal or Bass just seals it.

If you want.

But until Lebron decides where to go any one of the big name FAs can go from NY to LA.

Sorry, but I think it's just a little premature to speculate since everyone is waiting on Lebron to decide. No team wants to waste money on someone like Boozer if they still believe they have a shot at Lebron.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I think I do.

to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds; "Scientists supposed that large dinosaurs lived in swamps"

Scientists first needed to have at least something to go off of, the location of where the fossils were found, tetonic plates,etc.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/speculating

1. To meditate on a subject; reflect.
2. To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence. See Synonyms at think.
3. To engage in the buying or selling of a commodity with an element of risk on the chance of profit.
v.tr.
To assume to be true without conclusive evidence: speculated that high cholesterol was a contributing factor to the patient's health problems.

But as of right now we only know of 2 things, Lebron is a FA and everyone wants him.

This could be subjective if you want to be a smartass about it. However, I think most would agree that we cannot even begin to speculate on any of the dealings of the free agents until Lebron decides. This doesn't take the element of risk or uncertainty away from speculation.

Even in speculation one needs inconclusive evidence or something to go off on. As it stands now, we know of absolutely nothing. You're essentially making a speculation that there's another planet similar to earth just outside of our solar system because you say so and there's absolutely no evidence to support your idea.

If the Jazz have a brain, there would be no reason to get Fes.

i don't get why everyone thinks Fes is going to be back. here's what we know about him:

* he's a goofball that doesn't take basketball seriously (always "sick", smokes, not in shape, skips summer league, gets tossed off team Ukraine, etc)
* Jerry doesn't like him, only played him when there was literally no other option ("no other option" == "Koufos")
* was terrible when given a chance to play (see playoffs, +/- be dammed)

my prediction: unless the Jazz absolutely can't come up with any other non-corpse depth in the middle (Gortat, some other FA like Aaron Gray, whatever), Fesenko is gone. some other team will notice that he is 7-0 tall and make a stupid offer that the Jazz won't bother to match.

Even in speculation one needs inconclusive evidence or something to go off on. As it stands now, we know of absolutely nothing.

Wrong. We know that Orlando hasn't a shot in hell at Lebron. We can be somewhat certain that a Boozer-Lebron pairing is not likely to happen. Therefore, Orlando is worthy of speculation.

The rest of your post hummed on camel balls. seriously.

i don't get why everyone thinks Fes is going to be back. here's what we know about him:

* he's a goofball that doesn't take basketball seriously (always "sick", smokes, not in shape, skips summer league, gets tossed off team Ukraine, etc)
* Jerry doesn't like him, only played him when there was literally no other option ("no other option" == "Koufos")
* was terrible when given a chance to play (see playoffs, +/- be dammed)

my prediction: unless the Jazz absolutely can't come up with any other non-corpse depth in the middle (Gortat, some other FA like Aaron Gray, whatever), Fesenko is gone. some other team will notice that he is 7-0 tall and make a stupid offer that the Jazz won't bother to match.

I'll wait until all the facts are in before I speculate.

Wrong. We know that Orlando hasn't a shot in hell at Lebron. We can be somewhat certain that a Boozer-Lebron pairing is not likely to happen. Therefore, Orlando is worthy of speculation.

The rest of your post hummed on camel balls. seriously.

We also know which teams are overloaded at certain positions. We can surmise what the needs are of certain teams. We know how teams fare financially. We know which players are free agents.

But I guess you're right. Let's wait for all the contracts to be signed before we speculate (did I spell that word correctly? Never really heard it before).

Really a beantown of a post there, Thriller.

I guess all the pre Free agency talk from owners and David Stern about there being less money was a joke. I do not get how some teams cannot evaluate talent and what they are worth. Joe Johnson is not worth $119 million dollars. There are only a few guys in the league worth that much and they are Kobe and Lebron.

Rudy Gay is not worth $16 million a year. He can score but does little else. The owners have only themselves to blame because they are worried about losing a guy so they pay him too much money. How about remembering that basketball is a team sport and there are very few players who can't be replaced.

Living here in Memphis, the irony that Heisley is going to pay Gay the max, but did not want to pay Paul Gasol. Wonder why I have not been to a game here yet. Then not picking up Brewers option when you gave up a 1st round draft choice. Brilliant! and picking Thabeet second wonderful!