What's new

BREAKING NEWS - Jazz close to signing Toure Murry

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Per Mark Stein:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 11m
Hearing Utah Jazz closing in on two-year, $2 million deal free-agent guard Toure Murry, who had also been chased by Heat & incumbent Knicks

Another sharp shooter.

Murry made 5 of 12 three pointers last year playing for the Knicks. Here's his Rookie highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB7vzAI8YwM

Lindsey was saying that they were looking for another guard. But I thought it would be a third PG only. Another combo guard however can also deepen our SG rotation.

Sharpshooter?

In college his best year shooting was 34%, and he shot 36% in the DL on 1.7 attempts per game. Sharpshooter is not how I would describe this guy. He does appear to be lengthy and a good defender though, which is always a good thing.

Sharpshooter?

In college his best year shooting was 34%, and he shot 36% in the DL on 1.7 attempts per game. Sharpshooter is not how I would describe this guy. He does appear to be lengthy and a good defender though, which is always a good thing.

He's 41% in the NBA currently, so I guess he is showing improvement.

HE is good defender and mediocre passer. Solid player i dont get why my KNICKS didn't offer him QO

Reactions: ema
He's 41% in the NBA currently, so I guess he is showing improvement.

On 12 attempts.

That's not enough of a sample size to say that he's turned his shot around. His past history would indicate that he's an ok shooter when left open, but certainly not a "sharpshooter".

The jazz obviously want a full stock of ball handlers who know what to do in the PnR. It looks like we'll basically be playing a style where the 1 and the 2 are indistinguishable from one another. Wide open... get it down the floor and let the "1" or the "2" get right into a set. Hell, if Hayward is the 3, then it's even more open. I like that.

Murry's agent told Jody Gennessy the report was "news to him." idk if I believe it. didn't DL say he wanted a team friendly deal for the 3rd pg a week or two ago? 2 yrs 2 mil isn't much, but it's more than we've been spending on a third pg the last few years. Unless the second year is non-guaranteed, which i guess it probably is, so never mind