What's new

Brian Johnson leaving Utah

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this -- I couldn't stop laughing.

Phew, now I'm back though.

So, how much money would you like to wager on this?

Aug. 28 (Thu.) Idaho State Salt Lake City
Sept. 6 Fresno State Salt Lake City
Sept. 13 open
Sept. 20 at Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich.
Sept. 27 Washington State* (hc) Salt Lake City
Oct. 4 at UCLA* Los Angeles
Oct. 11 open
Oct. 16 (Thu.) at Oregon State* Corvallis, Ore.
Oct. 25 USC* Salt Lake City
Nov. 1 at Arizona State* Tempe, Ariz.
Nov. 8 Oregon* Salt Lake City
Nov. 15 at Stanford* Stanford, Calif.
Nov. 22 Arizona* Salt Lake City
Nov. 29 at Colorado* Boulder, Colo.

Idaho St, Fresno St, Washington St, Colorado. That's 4 wins for sure. So you're telling me we can't get 1 more game out of the rest? I'll take that bet. How much? 50?

Aug. 28 (Thu.) Idaho State Salt Lake City
Sept. 6 Fresno State Salt Lake City
Sept. 13 open
Sept. 20 at Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich.
Sept. 27 Washington State* (hc) Salt Lake City
Oct. 4 at UCLA* Los Angeles
Oct. 11 open
Oct. 16 (Thu.) at Oregon State* Corvallis, Ore.
Oct. 25 USC* Salt Lake City
Nov. 1 at Arizona State* Tempe, Ariz.
Nov. 8 Oregon* Salt Lake City
Nov. 15 at Stanford* Stanford, Calif.
Nov. 22 Arizona* Salt Lake City
Nov. 29 at Colorado* Boulder, Colo.

Idaho St, Fresno St, Washington St, Colorado. That's 4 wins for sure. So you're telling me we can't get 1 more game out of the rest? I'll take that bet. How much? 50?

Done. To be fair, are we doing 5 wins, or more than five wins? Clarification, please.

They could win more than 5 games though, but for betting purposes, it only takes 5 wins, ok?

Don't call me salty because I want to be clear, yo. I love that guy, but damn.

It's a bet. Bookmark this bitch because I will be collecting this one.

Holy **** lol thought Trout was just trash talking this whole time.

Bro, I will bet you any amount of money on this. Any amount

on the app. square bizness.

Is Travis Wilson's career officially over yet? Did he have the doctor's appointment? I think Trout probably has a good position in that bet, assuming you guys will be starting one of the Freshman.

Utah ends up hiring Wake Forest's WR coach to do the same thing at Utah, while Roderick is moved to QB coach. Hilarious considering every BYU fan I talked to this past week was knocking Utah for trying to go after Holliday or Doman (neither was ever interviewed or offered the job). I also kept hearing from Coug fans "in the know" how Roderick was fed up and was done at Utah.

It's funny how Utah can't have a coaching search without a handful of Cougar fans tripping over themselves trying to make it about BYU.

@Fatchipper just realize that after you win your bet with Trout, he will wait 5 months to pay you half, then put a condition (that you can't meet) on paying you the 2nd half of the bet, then about a year later get mad at you when he finally pays off the bet.

i have no idea what jazzman or green are talking about this thread.

Par for the course though.

Utah ends up hiring Wake Forest's WR coach to do the same thing at Utah, while Roderick is moved to QB coach. Hilarious considering every BYU fan I talked to this past week was knocking Utah for trying to go after Holliday or Doman (neither was ever interviewed or offered the job). I also kept hearing from Coug fans "in the know" how Roderick was fed up and was done at Utah.

It's funny how Utah can't have a coaching search without a handful of Cougar fans tripping over themselves trying to make it about BYU.

Considering Guy Holliday himself admitted as much, it's pretty hard to take the other side there. The Ute "beat" writers or whatever you what to call them get really defensive about that stuff. They clearly are slaves to some top down directive from the University of Utah that tells them to try to make themselves look better than BYU. It always comes off looking so pathetic. You even had a guy make up a story about how one of BYU's recruits sent in a Letter of Intent to Utah first, and then was rejected, so he chose BYU. But it's not even possible to reject a Letter of Intent once it's given out. You guys need to drop the Utes mascot and become the Joseph Goebbels because reality is a difficult thing for the lot you to grasp.

Also, don't make it sound like WF's coach voluntarily left WF for the Utes. His *** got canned like tuna at Wake Forest and he was at Eastern Michigan for 3 months before the Utes came calling. That's pretty wishy washy. He'll fit right in.

Considering Guy Holliday himself admitted as much, it's pretty hard to take the other side there. The Ute "beat" writers or whatever you what to call them get really defensive about that stuff. They clearly are slaves to some top down directive from the University of Utah that tells them to try to make themselves look better than BYU. It always comes off looking so pathetic. You even had a guy make up a story about how one of BYU's recruits sent in a Letter of Intent to Utah first, and then was rejected, so he chose BYU. But it's not even possible to reject a Letter of Intent once it's given out. You guys need to drop the Utes mascot and become the Joseph Goebbels because reality is a difficult thing for the lot you to grasp.

Also, don't make it sound like WF's coach voluntarily left WF for the Utes. His *** got canned like tuna at Wake Forest and he was at Eastern Michigan for 3 months before the Utes came calling. That's pretty wishy washy. He'll fit right in.

That's a really neat post. Good job.

I have no idea what the **** The U is doing this offseason. Demoting Erickson was a mistake. Making Travis Wilson play with a broken hand was a mistake. Blaming Erickson for Travis Wilson having a broken hand was a mistake.

I have no idea what the **** The U is doing this offseason. Demoting Erickson was a mistake. Making Travis Wilson play with a broken hand was a mistake. Blaming Erickson for Travis Wilson having a broken hand was a mistake.

I don't really understand the Erickson thing, but I think he is on board with his new role.

The dude could be an OC at dozens of places if he wanted, but has chosen to stay and is really really positive about the University.

Check out his twitter:

https://twitter.com/EricksonUtes

Like I said, I don't really understand the situation, but that does not read like a guy who is unhappy with his role here. I always thought of him as a "mercenary for hire" type coach, but maybe in his older age he is really enjoying being at Utah and is happy with his new role.

@Fatchipper just realize that after you win your bet with Trout, he will wait 5 months to pay you half, then put a condition (that you can't meet) on paying you the 2nd half of the bet, then about a year later get mad at you when he finally pays off the bet.

Or we could look at past track records. I've never welched on a bet. I rarely lose, so I don't even really get the opportunity, but on the rare occasion that I do have to pay, I pay. You, on the other hand, have a solid reputation for being an unhelpful wiener-dick who has no problem lying to get what you want. Bottom line, you got your money and you showed yourself to be of the lowest character when you did. I won't enter another wager with you ever again, unless it's for pride (bring on the pong, bitch) because I know I'll never get paid, or if I do, there will be some bull **** string attached.

#thetruthhurts

I don't really understand the Erickson thing, but I think he is on board with his new role.

The dude could be an OC at dozens of places if he wanted, but has chosen to stay and is really really positive about the University.

Check out his twitter:

https://twitter.com/EricksonUtes

Like I said, I don't really understand the situation, but that does not read like a guy who is unhappy with his role here. I always thought of him as a "mercenary for hire" type coach, but maybe in his older age he is really enjoying being at Utah and is happy with his new role.

If rumors are true, Erickson hit a wall midway through the season. I've heard some people infer that Dennis is quite happy with his responsibilities being downsized while he still collects his 250k salary.

After a couple months to take it all in, I'm fine with what went down. Erickson is in his twilight but he's still a great recruiter and brings some good name recognition to the staff. He has started to make some good inroads in Florida and that's a big deal for Utah.

The OC carousel has been a joke but that shouldn't take away from the fact that Dave Christiansen can run a great offense.

Bottom line, you got your money and you showed yourself to be of the lowest character when you did. I won't enter another wager with you ever again, unless it's for pride (bring on the pong, bitch) because I know I'll never get paid, or if I do, there will be some bull **** string attached.

#thetruthhurts

WTF are you talking about?

Either this is some good **** talking or you are forreal kind of a crazy/retarded person.

I mean this in all seriousness, are you chemically imbalanced/have trouble with reality and relating it to life sometimes? I am not without problems of my own so I say this in a non judgmental way.

Literally all that happened was we made a bet, you paid me half, then when I owed you money I paid you back in full, minus the amount you still owed me.

This is one of the most simple concepts I can imagine, and a principle of day to day life.

If you are **** talking/trolling me, congrats, you got me to react. If not you are weird and I don't really want to have any future dealings with you because you remind me of a dude I know who at any time can invent a reason why you owe him something or screwed him out of something, no matter how bizarre and unrealistic.

Really hope you are ****ing with me about this.