What's new

Bulls would trade 17th pick

Sorry I meant the #12 and #25 of Grizz. Is that what you were pointing out?

No, I was just being a jackass - of course the 9 and 17 is better than 12 and 23 (or 25 as it is) - that is what I was pointing out. I think I know what you meant, however. Carry on.

If Jazz had #9 and #17 they could take BPA at 9 and a project C at 17. That ends Fes career as a Jazz though. Give Whiteside or Orton or whoever a chance. Jazz keep Koufos another year or two to see if he's worth it.
Why?
A project center won't play this season - except in the D-League. You let Fes give the Jazz immediate minutes until Okur is back. I'd much rather have Fes over Koufos. Kosta has been absolutely worthless thus far. All he wants to do is shoot the ball as soon as he gets it.

But we're not getting the #17. Miller ain't taking on additional salaries - and that's the price Chicago ias asking. They want to clear cap room so they can go after Lebron + 1 other top FA.

In all fairness, Fes keeps players out of the paint, other teams still have to guard him a little, and he grabbed 11 rebounds in the last game. I'm not sure you can expect the same of Orton or Seraphin for a while.

In all fairness, Fes keeps players out of the paint, other teams still have to guard him a little, and he grabbed 11 rebounds in the last game. I'm not sure you can expect the same of Orton or Seraphin for a while.

After I think grabbing fewer than 11 rebounds in the previous 6 games.

And teams have to guard him? Where? At two feet? Orton couldn't score at two feet?

I'd draft Babbitt, Hayward or George at #9 (or try to trade back a few spots), then take Whiteside, if available at #17. If he was gone, I'd take Orton.

Then you're free to try to negotiate a reasonable contract with Carlos. If he wants too much (and he WILL) and ends up getting a HUGE contract with another team, you just let him walk - or maybe you can get a backup PF in return on the cheap (allowing Carlos to get his extra year). Then you look at trading AK's expiring for a starter or great 6th man at the deadline.

I would trade our 2012 (we can't do next year's) 1st rounder and cash considerations for the pick.
The Jazz CAN trade their 2011 pick, if they choose. The rule says that you have to make A first round selection every year. It doesn't have to be their own pick. Assuming they keep the #9 and make that pick, they would be able to trade the 2011 first.

The Memphis pick is just about worthless.
I realize people are scared about this pick having no value, but it's really not THAT bad. The protection goes top 14, top 12, top 10, top 9, top 9 before turning to cash in 2016. I have a hard time believing that Memphis can't reach the #10-#14 range (still lottery pick) in that time frame, or even make the playoffs some year when someone is rebuilding or gets hit with injuries.

I think the Jazz should either draft up for quality, or trade down and try to get a few mid 1st rounders for quantity.

As it stands now, the #9 pick isn't going to help us avoid the lottery (or something close to it) next year. Might as well roll the dice and try to get a franchise player, like Cousins, or draft a few good players that help our team overall.

The Jazz CAN trade their 2011 pick, if they choose. The rule says that you have to make A first round selection every year. It doesn't have to be their own pick. Assuming they keep the #9 and make that pick, they would be able to trade the 2011 first.

I realize people are scared about this pick having no value, but it's really not THAT bad. The protection goes top 14, top 12, top 10, top 9, top 9 before turning to cash in 2016. I have a hard time believing that Memphis can't reach the #10-#14 range (still lottery pick) in that time frame, or even make the playoffs some year when someone is rebuilding or gets hit with injuries.

Thanks. As always, you're the man.

I would the irony of the Jazz trading one of their exceptions they got from the Maynor/Harpring deal to get back into the mid first round.

The Memphis pick is just about worthless. I would trade our 2012 (we can't do next year's) 1st rounder and cash considerations for the pick. Or the 2012 1st and Koufos for it.

Having #9 and 17 really opens up some doors for us. Add in our 2nd rounder, Tomic's rights, etc. and we'd really have some options and would be foolish if we didn't move up to #5/6 to try to get Cousins.

We owe our 2011 pick to someone? the Korver trade is the only time i recall us trading a pick and that pick is being fulfilled this year with pick 23 to the wolves. Am i missing something?

We owe our 2011 pick to someone? the Korver trade is the only time i recall us trading a pick and that pick is being fulfilled this year with pick 23 to the wolves. Am i missing something?

Kindly look up.