What's new

Burks 4 year $42 million extension!

two years from now we are going to be loving these deals if we have roughly 30 million to chase a star to run with these guys.

He's better than hayward so this is a great deal for is.

Bad deal for Burks. Should have just stuck it out and gotten more money. Hell, maybe we'd be dumb enough to give him the max too.

Love this deal & <3 burks and you too Frank!!!

Was scared when Gordon got his monster contract that Burks would hold out for the Cheese...

Instead he signs a good contract for the jazz and has no opt outs, unlike Gordo who looks to capatlize on the new cap with his opt out!!!

Also show Fish some love people!!!

So we`re guaranteed another 400+ regular season games from Alec Burks. If he could use the first 50 of them to develop anything close to the vision and passing skills that harden displayed on opening night, the contract will be a steal. Great player, nice kid and an ok contract. I`m happy for both him and the team and look forward to seeing him taking the next step.

Fair deal. He has skills virtually no any other NBA player has. Also it's like $8/year of last season, which means he is getting paid like a role player while he will likely be the top scorer of the team, starting from this season already. You can trade his contract when you want. Favors has a tradable contract too but Hayward does not.

Fair deal. He has skills virtually no any other NBA player has. Also it's like $8/year of last season, which means he is getting paid like a role player while he will likely be the top scorer of the team, starting from this season already. You can trade his contract when you want. Favors has a tradable contract too but Hayward does not.

Hayward will be tradable in 2016 when the salary cap moves to 80+ million. Realize that will probably put the Luxury tax cap somewhere just under $95 million. People need to keep that in mind when they are complaining about Hayward's 16, Favors's 11.5, and Burks' 10.5. All of those contracts are tradable. Especially since everyone will be well under 30.

With the new tv deal and considering burks imo is our most lethal offensive weapon. I'm pretty happy with this.

Its nice having players that want to play in Utah. Favors and Burks both seem to really like it here and that's something I like as a fan. Its a good deal for Burks and a good deal for us IMO. Burks would've gotten more money had he gone into RFA but I think he just wanted to get a good deal for himself so he can stay in Utah and focus on basketball.
The picture of him smiling while signing the contract is gold, I love it

Its nice having players that want to play in Utah. Favors and Burks both seem to really like it here and that's something I like as a fan. Its a good deal for Burks and a good deal for us IMO. Burks would've gotten more money had he gone into RFA but I think he just wanted to get a good deal for himself so he can stay in Utah and focus on basketball.
IAWTP

alec-1.jpg

This is so awesome. Congrats to A. Burks and his family..

I'll give Quin's little ring around the rosy system a little more time, but it ultimately may be holding Alec (and our winning %) back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLDX10L4OU

This.

Both Favors and Burks are really good kids who want to get better. Burks really need to be able to pass it and play within a system to take that next step - hopefully Quin can bring out the best in him.

I think it's a great deal for both sides. 10.5 per seems like a lot, but salaries are going to go up fast if the salary cap goes up like it's expected to. We now have our 3 main players (other than burke, not going to add Kanter yet) at 35 million per year. That leaves over 40 million per year before getting into the luxury tax this year, and will almost certainly be more than that in 3-4 years.

I'll give Quin's little ring around the rosy system a little more time, but it ultimately may be holding Alec (and our winning %) back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLDX10L4OU

It's awesome that you can tell this after two regular season games. You must be a scout or something.