What's new

Burks 4 year $42 million extension!

Its nice having players that want to play in Utah. Favors and Burks both seem to really like it here and that's something I like as a fan. Its a good deal for Burks and a good deal for us IMO. Burks would've gotten more money had he gone into RFA but I think he just wanted to get a good deal for himself so he can stay in Utah and focus on basketball.
The picture of him smiling while signing the contract is gold, I love it

Yeah, the Jazz have been good at making sure to pick socially awkward kids who don't like to talk to the media. I'm sure Favors and Burks love how little attention Utah gets.

And I mean socially awkward in the nicest way possible. I'm the same way.

I wonder if Harpring is wandering around his house in his underwear shouting, "Houdini!" over and over and over again.

Not sure if anyone posted this DL comment:

''There's a Reggie White out there for us to be had,'' Lindsey said. ''We've got the future flexibility next year to be very aggressive in the free agent market. Certainly, with expectations of a new cap in lieu of a TV deal, we'll have great flexibility. When you have a core in place, it's much easier to attract a significant talent.''

Not sure if anyone posted this DL comment:

''There's a Reggie White out there for us to be had,'' Lindsey said. ''We've got the future flexibility next year to be very aggressive in the free agent market. Certainly, with expectations of a new cap in lieu of a TV deal, we'll have great flexibility. When you have a core in place, it's much easier to attract a significant talent.''

Thanks. This helps understand the Jazz plan. There is not a reason to fret that "wow we just signed three mediocre players for 40/m year." DL realizes that. He notes here that you have to have a core in place to attract a big time free agent, and the there is room in the salary structure to get that guy.

Interview with Alec from today's shootaround:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLPRv9Pa3Vs

That is 10.5 per year.

Here comes the freaking out.
It's a DeRozan type gamble. Better to lock him in now than risk a big offer coming in the off-season. And it might, with the anticipation of the huge increase in the cap. Glad the Jazz could get a deal done. Now it's time to look at throwing assets together for legitimate PG and a PF who can shoot and play defense.

You never watch basketball? Varejao is very very good, just very injury prone.

That's a big part of it for me - I wouldn't want a contract like that for a guy who historically is always hurt on a team that absolutely needs the value out of every dollar it spends.

That's a big part of it for me - I wouldn't want a contract like that for a guy who historically is always hurt on a team that absolutely needs the value out of every dollar it spends.

Yeah, I'm sure the Cavs just want to make sure he doesn't leave during the Lebron era. Don't want to be stuck without a center next year.

You never watch basketball? Varejao is very very good, just very injury prone.

A 32 year old injury prone dude.

Also, your definition of very, very, good might be a little different than mine. AV has been just a part time starter, a guy who you may or may not even play down the stretch of close games. My definition of very, very, good would be at least a top 3-5 player on his team full time. But hey, we don't post on these damn message boards so we can agree on ****. To each his own.

Lance stephenson 1-6 for 2 pts last night