What's new

Burks 4 year $42 million extension!

I'm not over-the-moon about the job he's done. But, as I said, he wasn't given the keys on day one. I think he has the assets to pull of a trade. That's what I want to see.

But the point of this thread is the Burks extension, and I think he'll earn that check.

Fans always want a trade, and that looks like what he's trying to build. It makes no sense whatsoever to overpay Burks if you're not. He can be replaced with better production for less money in FA. And from a guy whose stats translate into wins. Burks' don't.

The players who still have some breakout star potential are probably Burks and Exum, so I'm happy with this signing.

This, and double this. Burks is a stud, our stud. He likes it here, we like him and what's best is that the flaws that people are pointing out can be reversed. The kid is still young, has proven to be reliable health wise and honestly, I think there is the potential for him to have made more money during FA. Good job Dennis.

Fans always want a trade, and that looks like what he's trying to build. It makes no sense whatsoever to overpay Burks if you're not. He can be replaced with better production for less money in FA. And from a guy whose stats translate into wins. Burks' don't.

Yeah there's absolutely no way Burks can get better.

I'm happy with this deal. I would have been sad to see us lose Alec.

The posters on here who are "sky is falling" after 2 games must all be 12 yr olds who live and die by each minute of a jazz game. Alec will only get better and better with this coaching staff. The film sessions and attention to detail with this bunch makes me think that they will get the max out of his talent which is significant. And compared to the Hayward deal, I think this is fair.

Looking at it on a team wide basis, if we don't have to pay for Kanter and we're a few years out on Gobert & Exum, we have money to spend on our above average players, which is what we have in the 3 guys we've signed long term. Their money won't be a problem by the time we need to spend big.

Great deal. Some of you need to take a break. 10 is the new 8, burks has improved every single year. Once he learns to pass out once he makes the defense collapse he will be a top 10 sg.

I think Burks would've been offered more next summer, like hayward. Think if we had extended hayward last year for $13 million a year everybody would've gone bat crazy here, but now we would've been pretty happy.

+1. Great post.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Percentage don't mean **** when you're making 0.8 a game. Might as well be 60% from 3-- still wouldn't matter.

good post.

Demar derozan last year per 36: 2.5 attempts from 3, 0.8 makes
Alec burks last year per 36: 2.3 attempts from 3, 0.8 makes

I'm fine if we trade Burks....

But why would another team want this albatross of a contract from an empty-stat player??

good post.

Demar derozan last year per 36: 2.5 attempts from 3, 0.8 makes
Alec burks last year per 36: 2.3 attempts from 3, 0.8 makes

would you please just put something like this in your sig and be done with it? jesus christo.

would you please just put something like this in your sig and be done with it? jesus christo.

Sorry naos. A poster made a comparison to derozan, I posted some stats comparing them. You get upset.
I get you man. Keep your head up.

Quit trollin dude. Ur better than this.

DL striking out at every bat?

The lap dogs are out yapping early.

I thought y'all went running with your tail between your legs after calling me a troll for being the only person on here explaining exactly why Hayward was going to get several million more than the entire board wanted. How'd that turn out?

It's hard being right every time. Really is.

I thought y'all went running with your tail between your legs after calling me a troll for being the only person on here explaining exactly why Hayward was going to get several million more than the entire board wanted. How'd that turn out?

You are the rightest ever

I'm fine if we trade Burks....

But why would another team want this albatross of a contract from an empty-stat player??

That's the problem with it.

And for those comparing this to Derozan roflmao. DD showed way more raw ability than Burks ever did. His ceiling was considered much higher, hence the good gamble.

What should the jazz do gays? Let our youth walk every year and just keep at that lotto? I mean I want a team in Vegas and all, but you guys must be really wanting to see the Jazz move. At least they have these guys at ok, not the best, but ok deals. Pretty sure if we found the right star Gordon and burks and a pick could fetch a top 20 player. Glad we are keeping assets.

Wait. You're suggesting that I'm a Burks homer?

And for those comparing this to Derozan roflmao. DD showed way more raw ability than Burks ever did. His ceiling was considered much higher, hence the good gamble.

Are you joking me right now? Almost EVERYBODY hated that extension.

What should the jazz do gays? Let our youth walk every year and just keep at that lotto? I mean I want a team in Vegas and all, but you guys must be really wanting to see the Jazz move. At least they have these guys at ok, not the best, but ok deals. Pretty sure if we found the right star Gordon and burks and a pick could fetch a top 20 player. Glad we are keeping assets.

we shud spent 8mill per on a 30 yr-old Ariza (who would guaranteed mail it in, being in a lottery team) or a Lance Stephenson (who is a huge locker-room quetion mark in an insanely young team) instead of paying a 7-8mill/year player (based off his stats LAST season) 10/year seeing as he's in his FOURTH year, the cap is increasing, we're a small-market team, and it is HIGHLY unlikely that his production has peaked as an NBA player after his third year in the league.

Dense ****ing ppl. Sheesh.

23 year old guy who has improved each year and could be a legit 18-19 a game scorer this year, or even better, for 10M/yr. What other legit options could they have had that were better than that? I say it was a decent call.