What's new

Burks' benching brainstorming (BBB)

Why is Burks glued to the bench?

• Foye is way better and deserves the time.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Foye is marginally better but we need to win now.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • His work ethic blows.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He's failing to grasp our system or lack thereof.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Corbin is masterfully motivating him.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • He's a hopper?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • His attitude sucks

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
maybe this is just ty giving the vets time so they will have trade value come the break and we can trade some one off the books... thoughts?

Makes sense for Big Al Sap, but those guys are taking Burks mins. We aren't trading Marvin or Foye.

I laugh every time I hear someone suggest we are doing something to get ready to make a trade.

We arent making any trades this year. This is our team.

Al and Paul will be FA this summer. We will get nothing for them. This is how the Jazz operate. The time for trading Al or Paul was last year. The door is shut.

haha, yes but sometimes it gives al a cahnce to feature his potentially kick out of the double teams that he attracts.. I dont think ty is a smart coach... there are alot better, but there are also alot worse. i am hoping he is still just playing with rotations. burks does deseve a few mins a game. he brings energy and instant movment. i dont agree with with peolpe saying he should get all of foyes mins foye brings something to the jazz they havent had in a long time THREE POINTERS!!! but he also sucks at D.... we have alot of good players ZERO greats

I think this is more of the Jazz's problem than TyCo is.

I think this is more of the Jazz's problem than TyCo is.

i agree with that.. i think coach is doing what he thinks is best for the orginzation... i thiknk we can agree on that. now right or worng who knows, time will tell

I think TY feels that Foye is better right now and is afraid to lose now.

If we suck bad enough during the middle of the season, then the pressure to win now will be taken off. Ty can finally play the kids without pressure and we will magically start winning and make a late season playoff run to the eighth seed. In the first round the pressure will return, vets will get their minutes back and we will be swept by SAS/LAL/OKC (pick one). This scenario sounds familiar. Very depressing.

I think TY feels that Foye is better right now and is afraid to lose now.

If we suck bad enough during the middle of the season, then the pressure to win now will be taken off. Ty can finally play the kids without pressure and we will magically start winning and make a late season playoff run to the eighth seed. In the first round the pressure will return, vets will get their minutes back and we will be swept by SAS/LAL/OKC (pick one). This scenario sounds familiar. Very depressing.

Lol :(

Corbin thinks that Foye is better, and we need to win now. He obviously believes that Burks doesn't need time to develop, and won't help us.

The results on the court are mind boggling. Our record, our team chemistry, the play of the starters, etc. Foye has a nice 3 pt shot, and makes good passes.
I fail to find any other reason he belongs on the court so much. I want to see Foye play, just not for 30 mins. He simply gives up too much on the defensive end.

I can understand the win now mentality that the Jazz have always had, but at what costs? I think it's fair to say, we win now when we know who we are and what our talent can do instead of letting the talent rot at the end of the bench.

It drives me crazy to not see him play, he is full of potential and is something the Jazz haven't had for awhile, a super athletic 2 guard. If he is traded it will come back to bite us.

It drives me crazy to not see him play, he is full of potential and is something the Jazz haven't had for awhile, a super athletic 2 guard. If he is traded it will come back to bite us.

It's agonizing because he's not playing at all. He completely glued to the bench. It's a travesty we aren't finding time for him when guys like Marvin, Foye, and Hayward have been extremely inconsistent.
But hey at least we are getting Carrol time :rolleyes:

borko3.jpg

Even Watson, a 30-something corpse who's been injured for 9 months and made negative public statements about his playing time last year is instantly in the rotation when he is cleared for play.

Burks must have ****** Ty's sister or something... I just really can't think of any other explantation.

Among 2nd year players, Burks ranks 38/48 in minutes played and 39/48 in games played

Does that seem right for a kid that among his rookie class last year was 19/81 in win shares, 17/81 in pts, 21/81 in mins, etc.

I'm very intrigued and confused about the whole situation