What's new

Burks or Hood?

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
I love both of them. They play hard and are fun to watch since they can both surprise with their offensive output. But who do you think when it's all said and done will have the better career?

For me I have to go with Hood. I think he makes it look easier when he scores in bunches. There's something about his knack for being in the right place and making good decisions. The game seemed to slow down for him, even as a rookie. His stats at the end of last year were really impressive and it makes me wonder just how good he will become.

I've said this a few times, but Burks sitting and watching is going to pay huge dividends. Last year he played pretty well not being 100%. He's a guy, that when firing on all cylinders puts the most pressure on the defense. He's the most physically gifted wing on the Jazz. The biggest question mark for me has always been the mental aspect of the game for Burks.

As he wasn't able to play, he's put in what work that he could watching film and watching the team have success and just being able to understand Quin's offense more and how to fit in.

With that said both players are going to be very good players.

Burks is gonna 'splowd this year. AND, it'll be hard to keep Hood off the floor.

BURKS-HOOD-HAYWARD combos for your basketball-lovin azz.

Burks is gonna 'splowd this year. AND, it'll be hard to keep Hood off the floor.

Like I have said, I'm sure we will see it, but not a lot.

I think Burks will have the higher peak of his career but hood might have the longer, more steady career due to their play styles.

This.

Hood to start and Burks to come off the bench. Mainly because I like Hood's range for spreading out the defense for the rest of the starters. I also think Burks ability to beat his guy off the dribble will help with the second team where he will probably be the main scoring threat.

Hood to start and Burks to come off the bench. Mainly because I like Hood's range for spreading out the defense for the rest of the starters. I also think Burks ability to beat his guy off the dribble will help with the second team where he will probably be the main scoring threat.

Yeah, I think Hood would blend in with the starters better than Burks too. Burks might end up compromising Haywards playmaking skills, especially with Burke at the point already trying to do too much. And I agree that Burks would bring a spark to the second unit. I bet Quinn tries out a few rotations but settles with Hood as a starter.

I've said this a few times, but Burks sitting and watching is going to pay huge dividends. Last year he played pretty well not being 100%. He's a guy, that when firing on all cylinders puts the most pressure on the defense. He's the most physically gifted wing on the Jazz. The biggest question mark for me has always been the mental aspect of the game for Burks.

As he wasn't able to play, he's put in what work that he could watching film and watching the team have success and just being able to understand Quin's offense more and how to fit in.

With that said both players are going to be very good players.

In hindsight his injury might be the best thing to happen in his career. That would be awesomely weird.

IMO Burks will have the better career simply due to his ability to attack the basket so well. Everyone that has scouted Burks knows he can attack the basket really well and defenders play off of him more. If he's able to continue to improve his 3 point shot(last year he shot 38%) then defenders will not be able to play off of him and he will get easier lanes to attack the basket.

Burks is a very unique slasher and has a huge ceiling, especially now that he has a great coach.

With all that being said Hood will likely have a great career. He is a smart player that is always in the right spot. Decent defender and a great 3 point shooter...if he can stay healthy he will have a long and good career, but I think Burks will be the one that stands out more

Hayward will take a step forward this year.

Burks and Hood are going to explode on the league this year.

Burks is going to be slashing and burning people all over the place. Getting to the FT line at will and making amazing finishes at the rim.

Hood is going to be lighting defenders up from downtown. Then burning them with good passes when they over commit.

The Jazz front court is loaded with Hayward, Favors and Gobert. We will be talking about how equally loaded the Jazz wings are by the end of the season with Hayward, Burks and Hood.

Everyone is gleams about Hood's production as a rookie, and rightfully so, but we have to remember that hood is only 1 Year Younger than Burks is. Hood's about to turn 23; he was an old rookie. Alec's starting his 5th NBA season already, but is still only 24, and still has yet to come close to his ceiling.

I go with Alec

Hayward will take a step forward this year.

Burks and Hood are going to explode on the league this year.

Burks is going to be slashing and burning people all over the place. Getting to the FT line at will and making amazing finishes at the rim.

Hood is going to be lighting defenders up from downtown. Then burning them with good passes when they over commit.

The Jazz front court is loaded with Hayward, Favors and Gobert. We will be talking about how equally loaded the Jazz wings are by the end of the season with Hayward, Burks and Hood.

Add Favors and the put back King to those impressive wings. Wow. Depth continues with Ingles playmaker and defensive stud Millsap. Love the depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like both a lot, but I think Hood is a better fit in a more balanced lineup. I think Hood should start and Burks destroy second units.