What's new

Buyout market

Here are some guys in the GLeague that have NBA experience and can handle the point: Efrid Payton, Frank Jackson, Kris Dunn, Mudiay, Jared Butler, Shaq Harrison, David Stockton.

Danny Green and Stanley Johnson are both available. Johnson is only 26. It seems like he's been in the league since 1985.

Danny Green and Stanley Johnson are both available. Johnson is only 26. It seems like he's been in the league since 1985.
Stanley Johnson being released is so strange to be me. He played really well for them. I didn't want to release him in the first place so I would love to bring him back on a multi year contract with a couple team option years. Of course none of that matters if he isn't someone that Hardy would play over Gay.

Stanley Johnson being released is so strange to be me. He played really well for them. I didn't want to release him in the first place so I would love to bring him back on a multi year contract with a couple team option years. Of course none of that matters if he isn't someone that Hardy would play over Gay.
He struck me as one of our better preseason players but had to go because of the glut of players. He was shooting 45% from three this year.

From the interwebs: "Magic reserve guard R.J. Hampton may be waived or bought out by Orlando, sources inform Khobi Price of The Orlando Sentinel (Twitter link). Price reveals that Hampton is not traveling with the team for its game tomorrow against the Bulls."

If we are picking up a buyout player, we have to be getting exciting young players that haven't worked out for a reason that we think we can resolve. Ie. playing behind a star or two. Or, injured and didn't get another chance, etc.

Freak of nature athletes, length, two way player potential. Bring those types in and give them another chance a la fultz.

I doubt we care about any of the buy out market scrubbs or over the hill has beens.
Hampton had some potential but I think its clear he aint interested in the NBA nearly as much as the perks of getting a slumlord gotti paycheck and cruising the Orlando mall for trailer trash.
He is probably going back to NZ