What's new

Buyout market

Mongoose

So likely the Jazz will buyout Russ and potentially Gay could agree to a buyout by the sound of his comments. I do think Gay is unlikely but possible. most vets are going to want to go to contending teams, but are there any candidates that might have mutual interest with the Jazz?

What about G league players? The Jazz will have a few roster spots.

So likely the Jazz will buyout Russ and potentially Gay could agree to a buyout by the sound of his comments. I do think Gay is unlikely but possible. most vets are going to want to go to contending teams, but are there any candidates that might have mutual interest with the Jazz?

Do the Jazz actually want to buy out Gay?

He's got another year on his contract. He's a good trade chip next year as an expiring.

Doubt we'll be buyers but I'd call Frank Jackson and Johnny Juzang up for the rest of the season.

Do the Jazz actually want to buy out Gay?

He's got another year on his contract. He's a good trade chip next year as an expiring.
I don't think it's likely and I do think he would sulk in quiet so he can collect his 6M next year. He did say he would be "professional", but he obviously isn't happy. Maybe he will be unhappy enough to improve his trade value for next year?

I don't think it's likely and I do think he would sulk in quiet so he can collect his 6M next year. He did say he would be "professional", but he obviously isn't happy. Maybe he will be unhappy enough to improve his trade value for next year?
How much value do you expect a 37 year old that's averaging 4 ppg on 36% FG / 23% 3FG to have? lol

Ironically complaining and saying you want to play for a good team and then saying you will be professional... is kinda unprofessional.

If he wants to bitch and moan I'd say you tell him to accept a buyout... a prorated minimum for each year he has left is what I'd ask (its fair as he gets the same money to be on a good team). I'd let his agent hunt around for deals. If he has one great... if not then shut the hell up because you aren't willing to give any money back and bet on yourself.

Greg Brown III was just waived by Portland. He's only 21 and was a 2nd round pick right after Jared Butler out of Texas. He might be worth a kick of the tires.

i know the Jazz supposedly aren't trying to win, but after the trade, they desperately need a pass first point guard, even if he is an off the bench guy. otherwise, the offence is going to fall apart and team development will stop. what point guards are being bought out?

i know the Jazz supposedly aren't trying to win, but after the trade, they desperately need a pass first point guard, even if he is an off the bench guy. otherwise, the offence is going to fall apart and team development will stop. what point guards are being bought out?
Hearsky’s mom is always available

I would like the Jazz to take a run at the three Jacksons that all played in the McDonalds All American game in 2014. Frank plays for the Stars and Justin and Josh are on the buyout market. Justin and Josh were lottery picks. Maybe one becomes a usable piece.

I wonder if either of the journeyman guys the Jazz got back are buyout candidates. Maybe too many open roster spots is a problem, but I’d want to try a young player off the scrap heap over either of the new guys they got in the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk