What's new

Buyout Options

Saw a couple articles that seem to think Moe Harkless gets bought out. I would think NY would keep him as a sign and trade candidate this offseason.

Looking around... that's probably the only guy left that will get bought out that I'd have interest in. His shot is more miss than hit but he checks many of the boxes of what we need for a wing. Not sure Royce and Moe would work well together, so rotation might get a little weird.

He likely has better options, but that's the last name to watch imo.

Saw a couple articles that seem to think Moe Harkless gets bought out. I would think NY would keep him as a sign and trade candidate this offseason.

Looking around... that's probably the only guy left that will get bought out that I'd have interest in. His shot is more miss than hit but he checks many of the boxes of what we need for a wing. Not sure Royce and Moe would work well together, so rotation might get a little weird.

He likely has better options, but that's the last name to watch imo.
The question is if he can guard the smaller perimeter guys that Royce has been struggling with. If he can, the answer is hell yes. I mean, that's what Exum was supposed to be.

Also cool with Shumpert.

The question is if he can guard the smaller perimeter guys that Royce has been struggling with. If he can, the answer is hell yes. I mean, that's what Exum was supposed to be.

Also cool with Shumpert.
Think he’s better suited for LeBron, Kawhi, PG, could likely take a turn on Harden... I’m guessing he’d go to the Lakers tho... or Rockets.

Think he’s better suited for LeBron, Kawhi, PG, could likely take a turn on Harden... I’m guessing he’d go to the Lakers tho... or Rockets.
This is the funny thing... it's a frog in a slowly boiling pot of water. We're prepped about no trade "because we'll be active in the buyout market." Now the buyout market is here and we either 1) can't get in on it and/or 2) won't get in on it. Like, we couldn't foresee this somehow.

This is the funny thing... it's a frog in a slowly boiling pot of water. We're prepped about no trade "because we'll be active in the buyout market." Now the buyout market is here and we either 1) can't get in on it and/or 2) won't get in on it. Like, we couldn't foresee this somehow.
I mean they said they'd be active in that market... never said they'd get someone. It's a pretty limited pool and unless you have a weird inside track on someone they will head to the glamour markets or more obvious contenders.

Marvin was the guy we might have had a chance on because we had some history. The other way we land someone is if they have interest in re-signing next year. I think this very well might be our team... not getting the feeling we are desperate to add something.

What this means is the team never had any intention of making any more moves. We fans had it in our heads they would, but just because we think they missed the boat doesn't mean they ever even intended in making any changes. I think their plan was to stand pat all along.

I mean they said they'd be active in that market... never said they'd get someone. It's a pretty limited pool and unless you have a weird inside track on someone they will head to the glamour markets or more obvious contenders.

Marvin was the guy we might have had a chance on because we had some history. The other way we land someone is if they have interest in re-signing next year. I think this very well might be our team... not getting the feeling we are desperate to add something.
Also the team never said that, the talking heads did. Could just have been hype. Odds are they never really intended on doing much at all.

Okay I've been waiting patiently for a stretch 4/5 (I mean one that wasn't already called for), and it finally happened - Bucks signing Williams and releasing Bender. Talk me out of this, WTF NOT?

I wouldn't mind the Jazz picking up Isiah Thomas. The guy can still score and if we wanted to go small ball...
No offense homey, but I think I'd rather take a flyer on a 22 year old seven footer that's made two stops in the last four years than a 31 year old 5'9" player that's made what is it four or five stops in the last three years.

Mavs officially signed MKG. Waived Aussie Ryan Broekhoff to make room. Saw him chattin with Ingles after the game. 6'7" and shot 40.3% from 3 in his 2 seasons with Dallas

Spellman is seeking to be waived by wolves ... worked his *** off in the off-season and lost a lot of weight , played well for the warriors...

Dallas just waived Broekoff ... I guess he could be described as a poor mans Jingles ... handy player