What's new

Bye Bye Burke

I saw this as well and was hoping the majority here would wish him well, I know he fell out of favor and didn't seem to fit with the style Quin wants but I always thought he could be a good back PG and I hope he finds his role as Wall's back up and plays well (except against the Jazz), I also never fully understood some of the dislike or hate he received and hope he is cheered on his return.

I think the hate for him was that he played so selfishly, at times, shooting ridiculous shots, not passing on 3-1 fast breaks and blowing the conversion, and playing matador defense, or none at all. We didn't hate him as a person but for the attitude he demonstrated in the games he played.

It was a good move, it just didnt work out. It was a mistake, but it was a mistake I can't fault him for trying. It seemed good at the time, Burke just never learned teh NBA game.
Good post

It was a good move, it just didnt work out. It was a mistake, but it was a mistake I can't fault him for trying. It seemed good at the time, Burke just never learned teh NBA game.

It was a bad draft to need a PG that's for sure.

I think the hate for him was that he played so selfishly, at times, shooting ridiculous shots, not passing on 3-1 fast breaks and blowing the conversion, and playing matador defense, or none at all. We didn't hate him as a person but for the attitude he demonstrated in the games he played.

Exactly. Can't tell you how many times I screamed at the TV as I saw him ignore a wide-open teammate to go 1-on-3 into the lane. Or dribble the shot clock away and launch up a contested three. Who does he think he is, Joe Johnson lite?

Best of luck to Trey.

Interesting that the Wiz immediately thereafter signed 6-7 PG/SG Satoransky from Europe. Wonder if they have in mind to play the two together off bench, or if this means Trey is once again 3rd string?

Trey Burke On/Off Statistics

2015-2016:
ORtg On: 104.5
ORtg Off: 107.0
On - Off: -2.5

DRtg On: 105.7
DRtg Off: 103.5
On - Off: +2.2 (higher DRtg is bad)

-4.8 worse per 100 possessions when he was on the court.

I think I saw a tweet somewhere that said Burke had the worst FG% of all players that had as many shots as he did in his first 3 years.

Thought DL should have waited until after FA to make a deal. Burke value would have increased to a team that completely missed out on players.

Also his value would have been higher during the season when guys start getting injured...

... but I guess DL wants to be rid of Burke wayyyyyy before the training camp start, that much is CLEAR.

I think I saw a tweet somewhere that said Burke had the worst FG% of all players that had as many shots as he did in his first 3 years.
This makes compete sense to me. Totally unsurprised

Praying that Exum doesn't get buried on the bench leading to a similar fate. I'm not a fan of the teams asset management lately.

Praying that Exum doesn't get buried on the bench leading to a similar fate. I'm not a fan of the teams asset management lately.

How so? What promising player as been shafted?

How so? What promising player as been shafted?

Not necessarily a promising star. More just assets in general. I feel like they haven't been getting a decent enough return on assets.

- They trade #12 for George Hill. I love Hill as a player don't get me wrong. But we could have signed a guard (albeit not as good as Hill) without burning the #12 pick. We could have turned that pick into future picks.

- They spent #55 and #60 on guards who will probably never play here. Felt like burning assets.

- They waited to long to trade Trey which burned the value they could have received.

I'm just a little concerned when I see moves like this.

Lol really ...?

If I said the Jazz would trade Trey Burke for a future second round pick two years ago it would have received an lol too. The Exum quote might be extreme, but I'm definitely concerned with the FO when it comes to getting value for assets.