What's new

BYU 2011 Football Schedule

I was thinking the same thing. BYU only gave out 13 blankets on Senior Day. That's far less than 40%. The only thing I could think of is missions. With players leaving on missions and coming home, I doubt that reaches 40%.

Go count their '09 roster and compare it to the players that aren't on the team for '10 anymore. That is a Bronco Mendenhall quote, not my numbers. This year might be different because a lot of the Freshman are either RMs, not going on missions, or not LDS. Still, the point stands regardless of how many it is each year. You never know who is waiting in the wings, redshirting, or where the next Cam Newton shows up playing in college, etc.

Kinda like Pitt?

Or Iowa St?

Or "The Biggest Game in the State of Utah?"

Take your pick!

Dude, I never said Utah's schedule was good this year. However, I do find it hilarious that when trying to defend BYU's 2011 schedule, the first thing you do is bring the Utes into the argument.

Try to debate the merits of BYU's 2011 schedule without bringing another team into the argument.

Go count their '09 roster and compare it to the players that aren't on the team for '10 anymore. That is a Bronco Mendenhall quote, not my numbers. This year might be different because a lot of the Freshman are either RMs, not going on missions, or not LDS. Still, the point stands regardless of how many it is each year. You never know who is waiting in the wings, redshirting, or where the next Cam Newton shows up playing in college, etc.

I'm not going to waste my time looking it up because I really don't care enough, but I bet BYU doesn't turn over "40%" of their roster all that often. Just sayin.