What's new

Can someone who is against Net Neutrality tell me why?

green

I see no reason why anyone would be against it...well, no reason why any average consumer would be against it.

Why is the right, many poor people who would be negatively affected by its removal, many people who enjoy Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc who would have to pay more for it, want it done away with?

What am I missing here?

Or, is this just another "BOO OBAMA, he is the devil, we need to change everything he did just because!!!!"?

Can you explain to this dummy what net neutrality is?

basically like almost everything the right thinks comes down to the principle of small government.
if the government(fcc) is involved in internet, the government has more repsonsibility, meaning mrore money bigger government.

this is the short of it!

my english is not sufficient to go in a deep long rant wich would explain it futher. but it just comes down into the government is evil we dont like gov so stay waway from us

Adam ruins everything is great.

sure if you want a left wing perspective

Whatever. If you're afraid of opinions from any one side you'll always have a mind that is half empty.

Whatever. If you're afraid of opinions from any one side you'll always have a mind that is half empty.

not afraid, i have seen enough of his clips. but it has a clear left wing bias. and this threads question was named "can someone who is against net nuetrality tell me why?"

so yeah

not afraid, i have seen enough of his clips. but it has a clear left wing bias. and this threads question was named "can someone who is against net nuetrality tell me why?"

so yeah

Lol. Glad you're on guard. Otherwise liberal ideas would steal your soul.

so yeah

His liberal bias is really only evident in a few of his things, and even in those the sources are still verifiable. His special about immigration was definitely left slanted but it had legit information and he always has a positive spin at the end. I think it's great.

I'm flagging this. Dutch means, of course, without saying so directly for excessive fear of being banned by the Trotsky Mod Squad here, is that only right side thinking could really be valid. Consequently, an inactive or empty right side would not be just "half empty" but "totalitarian empty". And, the desired phenomena of a left side that is actually empty, in conjunction with a full right side, would be ideal, equivalent to a Renaissance Man of Leonardo dimensions, though actually just another "totalitarian" monster.

I've been told various things, like "Publish or Perish" but the best advice is to publish briefly, publish often, and stay off the streets.

His liberal bias is really only evident in a few of his things, and even in those the sources are still verifiable. His special about immigration was definitely left slanted but it had legit information and he always has a positive spin at the end. I think it's great.

his liberal bias is in everything i have seen of him, but i must admit have not seen all of his stuff. maybe not even 30%. but seen maybe a dozen or 2 of his vids

but he does not get the point as to why we are against "net neutrality"

basically government meddling into this kills the real net neutrality. we dont trust governments they are powerful and power corrupts. in the free market you can choose to not pay and take away peoples power

as far as i know Adam ruins is not against government meddling into internet aka net neutrality. so just pointing out that it does not really anwer the q, which deems it offtopic which is considered trolling.

and i watch lot of left wing stuff, keep your friends close but your Marxist enemies closer.

I see no reason why anyone would be against it...well, no reason why any average consumer would be against it.

Why is the right, many poor people who would be negatively affected by its removal, many people who enjoy Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc who would have to pay more for it, want it done away with?

What am I missing here?

Or, is this just another "BOO OBAMA, he is the devil, we need to change everything he did just because!!!!"?

We were raised in public schools???? I mean, that's the world we're comfortable with. teacher knows best, teacher makes the rules. We stay in the group. We do stuff. This is our life. Don't mess it up.

Okay, so that's the reason why everyone wants hall monitors on the 'net.

That's not me.

I am appalled that a few rich dudes own Google and all the other stuff that makes search engines work.... sorta.... though I suspect them of being bought off by the highest bidders for the top of the line in search results. I mean, yeah, people try to sell me assurances I could be on the first page of search results, for a price.

I need to make my own fortune, folks. Here's my pitch: an entirely new net. I'll call it Anarchnet. I'll sell a little radio receiver tuned to my illegal secure frequency variator, hijack the satellites and local transponder units so you pay for nothing but my variator, reasonably priced of course at $100. Nobody will know where you are or who you are. The Fed spy agencies will just have a whole shipload (misspelled for the JFC "moderators"/conversational counselors/whateverthehellauthoritarianoverlords there are, of course)
of chatter flying by God knows where to or from.....

Of course, as Andrew Wilkow was so persuasively arguing yesterday, I realize anyone with a new system calling themselves anarchist are of course liars. Every anarchist out there wants his "archy" overlording the world. So maybe I'll just call mine the Altnet. YeaH, THAT'S THE TICKET. As in alternative net(s).

srs, we need to be one step ahead of the Nazis. God only knows what some bureaucrat will decide is good for us.

But until some dude in Silicon Valley stops huffing on his joint and actually does it, I guess it won't happen, because I'm plowing some fields, this year, really.

Sigh. What I thought.

If we get rid of net neutrality, the Internet will turn into the cable tv model.

Want to get to message boards and twitter? $29.

Want YouTube? Another $10.

Want the sports package (ESPN, FOX, CBS Sports)? $15.

Want the news websites? You got it. $10.

Getting rid of this is nothing more than pandering to big business.

Again.

Cable tv is losing subscribers. Cord cutters are turning to the internet. So, why not turn the internet into cable tv?

Wake up people.