What's new

Can the C.J. Miles experiment please end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully this is the year CJ proves why he's been kept around all this time. if not, he's gone.

hopefully this is the year CJ proves why he's been kept around all this time. if not, he's gone.
I thought last year was that year. I'm not getting my hopes up on him anymore, because I had high hopes the last two years and he let me down. I would love to see him break out, just don't see it happening. I won't get fooled by Cj another year. If he looses confidence early they will at least have a deep enough roster to sit his but on the end of the bench.

He's a gunner who at least can play decent D. Not great, but passable. It's the passing and the game smarts, imo, where he really lets us down. I don't like chukkars. I like Hayward-type players waaaaay more.

He's a gunner who at least can play decent D. Not great, but passable. It's the passing and the game smarts, imo, where he really lets us down. I don't like chukkars. I like Hayward-type players waaaaay more.

Passing? I've always considered Miles an above average passer at the wing position, especially considering he didn't really handle the ball that much under Sloan. His smarts aren't really that much of a problem either. I've always considered Miles to have good BBall IQ. I think his problem is emotionally. He just gets in a funk at times. He has to figure out a way to be more consistent.

Numberica, Darkwing Duck, PKM, LogGrad98, Joe Bagadonuts.... In the first page of this thread someone asked Trout how to end the experiment and he posted a picture of a gun. Will you guys be ganging up on him and having your cry sessions together about how that's just so mean?

Numberica, Darkwing Duck, PKM, LogGrad98, Joe Bagadonuts.... In the first page of this thread someone asked Trout how to end the experiment and he posted a picture of a gun. Will you guys be ganging up on him and having your cry sessions together about how that's just so mean?

No. Bum is good at 'it.'

@CJMiles34
"Broke down the tape last night and I was disgusting a couple times when it came to putting my body on guys on the wings .. Gotta harass them"

David Locke said:
CJ Miles is Jamal Crawford
December 19th, 2011

CJ Miles enters tonight’s pre-season game as the oldest 24 year old player the league may have seen. He is entering his 7th season. He has been counted out and lured us back in numerous times.

Tonight CJ Miles may look across the floor and see his career match. Jamal Crawford of the Portland Trailblazers entered the NBA as a raw talent who played part of one season at Michigan. Now he enters his 13th season as a 31 year old.

Stunningly, CJ Miles and Jamal Crawford for the first 6 years are almost the exact same. Both stand at 6’6 though CJ has been heavier. Both entered the league wide eyed and unsure of themselves. Both are incredibly engaging off the floor.

Statistically the similarities are remarkable. By the age of 23 years old (CJ turned 24 at the end of last season) Crawford (who is a March birthday) had played 6334 minutes and CJ Miles has played 6,354. Crawford had taken 2,617 shots by the time he turned 24, CJ Miles 2,451. Crawford hit on just 40% of those while CJ has hit 42.7%.

From three point range, Crawford was 318 of 938 attempts for 33.9% and CJ Miles is 288 for 864 33.7%.

The rebounding numbers are identical while Crawford was playing some point guard in his NBA career and his assists numbers were far better than CJ.

What is interesting is this is precisely the time the Bulls gave up on Crawford and the time he began to become the player he is today.

Over the next 4 years in New York, Crawford averaged 17 points a game. He never became an efficient player, shooting a notch over 40% from the field and 35% from three. His three point shooting improved slightly 2% from his early years while his FG% stayed about the same.

This comparison would say that when you think of the 24 year CJ Miles and what he is going to become think Jamal Crawford.

I don't know that I agree, and beyond that, this is kind of a question of how much a person likes Jamal Crawford. Interesting analysis, but it's definitely spin.

Over the next 4 years in New York, Crawford averaged 17 points a game. He never became an efficient player, shooting a notch over 40% from the field and 35% from three. His three point shooting improved slightly 2% from his early years while his FG% stayed about the same.

*slaps forehead*...so all we have to do is let CJ shoot even MORE, and he can give us even MORE consistently inefficient play! It's so obvious! Thank you New York Knicks for showing us the light.

Someone please fwd to Corbin: "Have players shoot more; they will score more, eventually"

Chucker couldn't hold Crawford's jock, and Crawford is a terrible waste of an NBA roster spot.

I stand by the premise of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.