What's new

Can the C.J. Miles experiment please end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a google image search of C.J. Miles to see if I could find some pictures of his, "Who, me?" face or his, "Awww, I suck, nobody likes me... I'm going to go sulk on the outside of the huddle" face. Trust me, don't google C.J. Miles. I have warned you.

I am going to unfriend him on Face Book. That will show him.

That's funny. I lasted as his friend for about 30 minutes before he deleted me. I guess he didn't appreciate the truth according to Trout.

How would you suggest the 'experiment' end?

ruger-redhawk-cal-44-magnum.jpg

I just did a google image search of C.J. Miles to see if I could find some pictures of his, "Who, me?" face or his, "Awww, I suck, nobody likes me... I'm going to go sulk on the outside of the huddle" face. Trust me, don't google C.J. Miles. I have warned you.

He's much sexier than I ever thought.

What amazes me is that he still continues to chuck up the ball as if he thinks he's Kobe. When you're 0-9 and haven't come close to hitting the rim, STOP SHOOTING IT. His fadeaway airball at the end of regulation was probably the worst example of ball hogging I've ever seen.

There are worse problems that can arise from being too scared to shoot. Further hurt confidence which makes everything thereafter worse for starters, but if the D knows that, his mere presence on the floor hurts everyone else because no one would guard him. As much as it sucks, the only way out of a slump is to try to forget about the shots you're missing and focus on the shots you are trying to get to go in.

That said, he took some ****** shots tonight. That second-to-last possession in regulation was unbelievably horrid.

But seriously, since my patience with the kid wanes, what would any of you propose the Jazz do with him? Bench him in favor of a bunch of players that have clearly contributed even less than him? Trade him, and if so, for what realistically?

I'm not being facetious, either.

I think the CJ experiment finished with the findings showing that CJ's mind is incredibly weak. His mental toughness is akin to Ballou's midsection.

...this was the most unwatchable double overtime game in NBA history....and of course, Miles played a large part in making that happen! It was torturous to watch, not because of the suspense, but because of the inept play on the part of both teams. I don't think I saw one pick or screen by either team in the last 20 minutes of the game! The Jazz pick and roll is now a thing of the past. Jefferson is clueless on how to do it. He's an overpriced, overpaid board crasher, nothing more. The Jazz are almost officially a hopper team.

There are worse problems that can arise from being too scared to shoot. Further hurt confidence which makes everything thereafter worse for starters, but if the D knows that, his mere presence on the floor hurts everyone else because no one would guard him. As much as it sucks, the only way out of a slump is to try to forget about the shots you're missing and focus on the shots you are trying to get to go in.

That said, he took some ****** shots tonight. That second-to-last possession in regulation was unbelievably horrid.

I understand your logic. However, it's faulty. If your shots not going, you need to find other ways to get involved. Play lockdown defense. Hustle and therein turn rebound and defend better. Pass the ball more to open teammates. Find other ways to score.

The only play on which Miles scored was when he drove to the rim and had a decent floater from about three feet out or thereabouts. I think he may have even pump-faked first and then drove. I may not be 100% accurate on how the play developed but the gist of it, a drive to the rim and a finish, is accurate enough. As a player with a fair b-ball iq, he should have realized right then and there, that that was going to be his bread and butter on the night even if it was late in the game. Driving hard. Drawing fouls. Drawing two defenders and making a crisp pass out to an open shooter. You get the point. He did none of that. It really was the Chuck and Jack show. From those two points on, he instead continued to catch and jack up 25 footers.

In short, he has no balance to his game. He so rarely drives to the hole, which he's totally capable of doing, to try to finish or kick it out, that it's horrifying. If he did this, his efficiency would skyrocket, and defenders may give him another foot or two on the perimeter which would then give him better looks when he did want to jack it up. It's really not that tough to figure out. But he can't.

This kid's a moron though and can't figure that out.

I loved how he kept shooting the ball in overtime even after sucking the whole game. Please leave :)

He is jacking (or is it "jackpotting") up shots from anywhere he catches the ball. He needs to work with the basketball a bit, like PASS it, dribble it, work with his TEAMMATES at getting better shots. He is pressing so badly, it's getting painful to watch...
Hayward hit a nice shot right in rhythm last night; as the ball was passed around, it got to him I thought "shoot it!!", and he did. Didn't realize it was him, but the rhythm looked so right!!
Unfortunately, CJ and Ronnie Price are our only options at b/u SG, and Ronnie obviously doesn't match up very well with bigger SG's...

Cj is weak. The guy is afraid to go hard to the rim. If he simply added this to his game it would help him get in rythem for the kick out 3's. This is one place I agree with Bolerjack. Cj needs to get off right or he never recovers which means get him a couple easy shots early in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.