What's new

Can the C.J. Miles experiment please end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. Let the CJ haters come out after a bad game. And it was a bad game for him. Most of you are blind to the fact that a lot of those jacked up shots were at or near the end of a shot clock including the one you guys mentioned near the end of the game. Deron gave him the ball with little time left, he tried to attack they stopped him and he took a bad shot while everybody else on the floor was standing around instead of moving. He also had 2 pretty nice looking passes that led to baskets and was getting rebounds. The reason he was in instead of Raja is because he was hustling and Raja was not.

Price just plain sucks.

Now that said CJ had a bad shooting night. And took some horrible shots. But without him we are probably 1-5 right now. He is the only player off of the bench bringing anything so far this season. Well maybe Ellson who's looked pretty good at times as well.

This kid's a moron though and can't figure that out.

I'm pretty sure that's the problem - he's a moron with a shooter's mentality.

Against The Warriors he hit a 20 footer fading to his right - a good hit; albeit a very low percentage shot. CJ's not content to leave well enough alone so on the very next possession he attempts the same shot and airballs it - the catcalls come down and the kid is useless the rest of the game. He's the only player in the league that takes a heat check shot at 55 degrees.

Hahaha. Let the CJ haters come out after a bad game. And it was a bad game for him. Most of you are blind to the fact that a lot of those jacked up shots were at or near the end of a shot clock including the one you guys mentioned near the end of the game. Deron gave him the ball with little time left, he tried to attack they stopped him and he took a bad shot while everybody else on the floor was standing around instead of moving. He also had 2 pretty nice looking passes that led to baskets and was getting rebounds. The reason he was in instead of Raja is because he was hustling and Raja was not.

Price just plain sucks.

Now that said CJ had a bad shooting night. And took some horrible shots. But without him we are probably 1-5 right now. He is the only player off of the bench bringing anything so far this season. Well maybe Ellson who's looked pretty good at times as well.

Just because he is the only player on our bench doing anything does not mean he gets a free pass on not sucking ***. It speaks of a larger problem which will haunt the Jazz this year, no bench at all!

Why not play Rice off the bench instead of CJ? Coach Sloan needs glasses. PLEASE PLAY ANYONE BUT CJ MILES. He does not belong in the NBA so the Jazz will never be able to trade him. But just FINALLY admit this six year experiment is a mistake and stop hurting the rest of the team and keep him off the floor. I starting to think Sloan is intentionally sticking it to the fans by playing him.

This is the most promising starting line-up I've seen from the Jazz since the Stockton/Malone era. However, it may be the worst bench I've ever seen as well.

There's CJ lovers and CJ haters. I think the actual truth lies somewhere in between. If he's your best bench player, then you're in a helluva lot of trouble. If he was simply a roll player amongst a group of talented bench players, then you're getting somewhere.

I've not seen enough positives from CJ to be a CJ fan. I understand he is still very young, and I think our lack of a true b/u SG (as in DEFENDER) has thrust him into that role, as he's better at it than anyone else we have. Especially after having bulked up this past summer, he's not quick enough with his feet to be all that effective at SG on an NBA level.
The young man simply has a LOT to think about on the court now, being designated our primary scorer off the bench AND having to fill the b/u SG role, which is not natural to him. It's throwing his whole game off kilter, from what I've seen so far. Hopefully he'll settle down soon, or Jerry will have to go to plan "B"...

Perhaps he'd be better off starting, as I tend to prefer a crafty vet like Raja Bell as my 6th man anyway. This would also greatly improve our LEADERSHIP on the backup unit. Watson is a new guy to the organization, so I wouldn't expect that role to be assumed by him. Raja's been here before and everyone respects him. Bell is not a 'lights out scorer', but he's a dynamic defender and periodic scorer who makes basketball plays of every sort.

How would you suggest the 'experiment' end?
The alternative is to give Hayward his minutes or re-sign Jeffers. The Jazz have no other alternatives at SG. At least it was Deron who urged the Jazz to keep Miles. So when CJ is bricking the team to yet another loss, Williams is partly at fault.

But you know, CJ is still young. Why, he'd just be out of college right now. All we have to do is wait for him to mature. Even the late, great Larry H. recognized that CJ would be an all-star some day.

I understand your logic. However, it's faulty. If your shots not going, you need to find other ways to get involved. Play lockdown defense. Hustle and therein turn rebound and defend better. Pass the ball more to open teammates. Find other ways to score.

Thats what he did. He had some very nice rebounds and some nice passes. Keep your eyes open and your hate muted.

Yes, this thread is brilliant. This team does not need any shooters at all. Thats the way to winning in the NBA. Lets have Price and Watson and AK and Raja be our scorers at the wing. That'll scare the bejeesus out of the rest of the league.

Yes, this thread is brilliant. This team does not need any shooters at all. Thats the way to winning in the NBA. Lets have Price and Watson and AK and Raja be our scorers at the wing. That'll scare the bejeesus out of the rest of the league.
Who's afraid of CJ?

I've not seen enough positives from CJ to be a CJ fan. I understand he is still very young, and I think our lack of a true b/u SG (as in DEFENDER) has thrust him into that role, as he's better at it than anyone else we have. Especially after having bulked up this past summer, he's not quick enough with his feet to be all that effective at SG on an NBA level.
The young man simply has a LOT to think about on the court now, being designated our primary scorer off the bench AND having to fill the b/u SG role, which is not natural to him. It's throwing his whole game off kilter, from what I've seen so far. Hopefully he'll settle down soon, or Jerry will have to go to plan "B"...

Rational thinking.

The alternative is to give Hayward his minutes or re-sign Jeffers. The Jazz have no other alternatives at SG. At least it was Deron who urged the Jazz to keep Miles. So when CJ is bricking the team to yet another loss, Williams is partly at fault.

But you know, CJ is still young. Why, he'd just be out of college right now. All we have to do is wait for him to mature. Even the late, great Larry H. recognized that CJ might be an all-star some day.

Fixed.

That said, I think the issue with CJ will not be "fixed" simply by giving him more time. He has had time. How long does he need. He has played semi-solid minutes for over 2 seasons and for all the flashes of talent he shows, he still can't put it together. I think his problem is 2-fold. 1) He is just plain soft. He gets upset when he gets jeered a little, if his shot isn't falling, if he gets looked at the wrong way. The kid is just soft. He is too easily affected by the negative and let's it affect his play...and 2) He has no basketball IQ. For a long time I thought "at least he is pretty smart with the ball, at least he somewhat understands the game" and that kept me semi-ok with the CJ experiment, but now I see that is not the case. Sure he tried to do other things on the court when his shot wasn't falling, but so often what he does seems forced and out of context, on offense and defense at times. After this long in this system shouldn't he be teaching it to other players? Instead all too often he still looks like he is trying to figure out what we are doing. Some of it comes easier for him now, but if he is on a 10% per year learning curve he will never even be a regular role player let alone an all-star.

As was stated, there are few options. We let pieces go that were better options than CJ and like many I still do not know why. I guess Sloan and Deron see something I do not (and many others do not as well), and while I will defer to their professional opinion and hope they know what they are doing, I am concerned they are suffering from their own brand of homer-ism that will keep us from making moves to improve at that position.

My hope is they are putting something together for a nice mid-season trade to get us some help on the wing. Think Portland would trade Mathews for CJ straight up?
:D

Last edited:
Who's afraid of CJ?

Heh, CJ was 5-6 on threes in the Trawna game. Had 19 points, 3 boards, a steal and a block, too. Sure, the inconsistency is frustrating, but the fickleness of fans is rather alarming, too. Every player has some off games. After all Deron Williams has done for this franchise over the years, all it takes is 1 or 2 sub-par (for him) games for some to be callin for a trade for Westbrook, or anybody else they think is perfect every game. The short-sightedness, ingratitude, and perfectionistic demands say more about the people complainin than the players they're trying to diss, eh?

Heh, CJ was 5-6 on threes in the Trawna game. Had 19 points, 3 boards, a steal and a block, too. Sure, the inconsistency is frustrating, but the fickleness of fans is rather alarming, too. Every player has some off games. After all Deron Williams has done for this franchise over the years, all it takes is 1 or 2 sub-par (for him) games for some to be callin for a trade for Westbrook, or anybody else they think is perfect every game. The short-sightedness, ingratitude, and perfectionistic demands say more about the people complainin than the players they're trying to diss, eh?

You're so wrong it's ridiculous.

Greg, let's be honest here. We all know you do not live in Utahr and do not have NBA league pass, therefore have no way to watch the game.

I've watched half the games this year and live in Utah. So your wrong on all counts and I would rather have AL Jefferson or Kosta Koufos play PG than Price. He has no idea how to play offense and also has no offensive talent to speak of. As a defender he is not bad. But he is a total liability on offense.

CJ made some big plays down the stretch last night which lead to a victory. What did I miss?

1-13 but a +2 +/-. I know it's kinda useless stat, but still telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.