What's new

#cantbeatemjoinem

God no, it makes it hollow to get a ring, its like the dream team in 92, yeah they got a gold, but man its against a JV team (world). It would mean more if he built up a mediocre team and won it. He just said "oh they lost only 9 games? well, i can help that 'lol'" he's a turd.

There is no such thing as a hollow ring. Why else would these guys keep searching for THE team to reach their career goals? Why Malone to Lakers? .. Barkley to Suns & Rockets ?.. Bron to Heat? .. Sure none of those teams were Warriors but it doesn't change the fact that even the best players can dodge the ring their entire career and knowing this, they take their best shots at it instead of trying to be the people's champ, a franchise guy.

There is no such thing as a hollow ring.

Right. Robert Parish has 4 rings, but they're all the same. The one he won in '86 when he anchored the Celtics to a 67-15 regular season and a 15-3 playoff record is the same as the one he won in '97 when he was 43 and when he played a total of 5 playoff minutes(all in the first round). And Malone and Payton making it to the finals in 2004 is generally considered just as great a success as when they carried their teams to the finals in '96, '97, and '98.

Right. Robert Parish has 4 rings, but they're all the same. The one he won in '86 when he anchored the Celtics to a 67-15 regular season and a 15-3 playoff record is the same as the one he won in '97 when he was 43 and when he played a total of 5 playoff minutes(all in the first round). And Malone and Payton making it to the finals in 2004 is generally considered just as great a success as when they carried their teams to the finals in '96, '97, and '98.

My point is, you won't go asking around an NBA player without a ring if he cares the ring is so called hollow or not if he had the chance to win one with a team. Sure some will act like knights in the shining armor but any person with common sense should know better that they're just showing off.

So I am really proud of the jazz. I am never a moral victory guy, I never make excuses about a team losing to another team. But wholly hell the Warriors are the MOST STACKED SPORTS TEAM ever! We can still beat em but I think it goes to 6 games now

But the thing that keeps weighing on my mind is Durant. I used to really like this guy, he was one of my favorite players. But wow, he is such a *****. There is no other way to say it. The guy pulled the weakest move in the history of sports. And no Lebron's decisions isn't anything like the weak move Durant pulled. The only thing I could compare it to is if magic would have went to play with bird. Durant is good but he is a complete b$&@h, and softer than rabbit fur.

Jazz in 6 I love this team!
#cantbeatemjoinem

Yeah. My thing with Durant is he lost to the Warriors in 7. They were already the best team in the league, winning 73 games without him. Already champions. It was absolutely weak. I'm all for players going where they want but go to any team but the team that was already the best team without you because dude, you are the 2nd best player in the league when healthy. It just kind of sucks for the fans.

If every NBA fan (non warrior fans obviously) was like let's boycott the NBA and not watch another game till Durant changes to literally any other team in the league. I'd be all in. He'd be playing in Cleveland, San Antonio, or Boston within a week.

I was actually symphatetic towards Durant in his days in OKC and root for them vs Spurs. But after he joined GSW or lets put it right way, after he chose the dark side and became Darth Vader, i hate him and want him to lose. This year in finals, i will support Lebron vs them which i never thought i would because i also hate Lebron for being overpowered and owning superpowers. I actually like Batman more than Superman. And there is noone like Batman in this league. I hope next year we will be.

I didn't say hate, I talked about respect. It's like he made it too easy on himself. I guess I'd prefer a different storyline, more dramatic. OKC retains Durrant, makes a key trade here or there, topples the GSW juggernaut, gets over the hump they couldn't get over last year. I'd much prefer to see OKC get a title instead of another GSW title, Kanter notwithstanding. Hell, I'd almost rather see the current Clippers get one than GSW.

Much respect for this response mate. I think pretty much ever NBA fan wants to see the league become competitive like the other major two.

An like you I love rootin for the little guy. #takenote

I was actually symphatetic towards Durant in his days in OKC and root for them vs Spurs. But after he joined GSW or lets put it right way, after he chose the dark side and became Darth Vader, i hate him and want him to lose. This year in finals, i will support Lebron vs them which i never thought i would because i also hate Lebron for being overpowered and owning superpowers. I actually like Batman more than Superman. And there is noone like Batman in this league. I hope next year we will be.

Couldn't have said it better.

Agreed. I actually do not enjoy watching the warriors at all this season, but I did last season. Mainly because last year they were over-achieving with the team they had managed to build and some players that really improved themselves (like Green). This year it is just about stacking and it makes for a boring product. A lot like the reason why I never watch basketball in the Olympics anymore. When we can stack the best players in the world and literally cannot lose it is boring.

Weird to agree with the troll, but I think it is proof that players today are less competitive than in years past. They want the easy path to a ring, instead of needing to fight and sacrifice for it. I guess you can't blame them, but it puts an asterisk on every ring won that way imo.

I think in past years players had some pride and took great pride in making their team and themselves better and getting over the hump. Jordan could literally have gone anywhere he wanted. Teams could have just loaded up, but you just didn't see it. I think some level of loyalty, personal pride, and competitiveness had a lot to do with it. That is sorely lacking in today's NBA. At the risk of being melodramatic, the business and the accolades have taken over and the spirit of the game is dying.

A-FREAKING-MEN!!

How many people here are hating on Durant but want CP3 to sign here in other threads? I'm guessing some people would change their tune about Durant if he signed here next year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

A professional that has worked his *** off wants to coalesce with other bests to win it all and you hate him for it? Petty.

That's one way to put it.

The reality though is that Durant wanted rings without having to compete for them.

How many people here are hating on Durant but want CP3 to sign here in other threads? I'm guessing some people would change their tune about Durant if he signed here next year.

Both scenarios wouldn't be the same as what durant did doe. And you are right though. I'm sure GS fans didn't bitch about durant joining their team.

There is no such thing as a hollow ring. Why else would these guys keep searching for THE team to reach their career goals? Why Malone to Lakers? .. Barkley to Suns & Rockets ?.. Bron to Heat? .. Sure none of those teams were Warriors but it doesn't change the fact that even the best players can dodge the ring their entire career and knowing this, they take their best shots at it instead of trying to be the people's champ, a franchise guy.

Bron Wade an Bosh would have punked last years warriors. Probably would have punked this years Warriors with Durant addition.

Signing a dominating 72 win team is not same as signing a growing 51 win team.

Choose your narrative:

Warriors win; KD the lil ***** gets his ring. Warriors get cockier, nba sucks harder.

Cleveland wins; Lebrons legacy grows after beating a Warriors team that added KD, "HE BEAT A TEAM WITH 4 ALLSTARS" blah blah blah and then more comparisons to MJ (who's greatness is beyond Lebron)...

GO SPURS!

Last edited:
it was a weak move. a move that wasn't around 30 years ago. Its part of the generation he belongs too. the players are all mostly friends. 30 years ago people were making phone calls but now you can just send out a quick text.

I hate Durant going to the Warriors, but the whole "in the olden days, the league was far more competitive" argument is laughable. 30 years ago the NBA was dominated by 2 teams. Why would Magic Johnson go play with Larry Bird when his own team was loaded with Hall of Famers including the all time leading scorer in NBA history? Magic didn't leave the Lakers because it was like playing on an all star team and same with Bird and Boston. Had they been on inferior teams, guaranteed they would have either left or thought heavily about leaving. That is just how it is. Players don't want to be on teams that can't compete for a title. That is why many believed Hayward would have left had the Jazz not taking a big step forward this year. They probably would have been right. Had the Jazz missed the playoffs again this year, Hayward is in a Boston uniform next year.

Bron Wade an Bosh would have punked last years warriors. Probably would have punked this years Warriors with Durant addition.
No they wouldn't. Lebron has had much more talented teams since coming back to Cleveland than he did in Miami. Bosh was always overrated, and Wade was injury plagued and was really only great the first year they were together. Kyrie and Love have been superior options 2 and 3 than Wade and Bosh were, plus his new Cleveland teams are deeper.