What's new

#cantbeatemjoinem

Oh I didn't know it meant it had to be exactly the same in every single detail. I guess everything that happens is always completely unique. Makes tons of sense.
It's not really even close doe.

Durant went to one of the best teams you will ever find after they beat his team. He went to a team that could win a championship with him chilling on the bench.

Lebron left a team that had just been to the finals to go to a mediocre team that needed him to get a championship.

Different situations.

It was an easy choice to leave. As far as the team he chose why wouldnt he find the team that he best fit, had cap room and had a chance to win it all.

Best fit? They're the best ****ing fit for anyone! Is there a player in the league that would fit poorly on a 73-win team? With a 2-time MVP? And two other All-Stars?

Maybe I wouldn't think Durant was such a punk if he just nicely owned up to this. Said "Hey, I've tried for a decade to win the hard way and it didn't work, and I'm just looking to win easy now." Why lie to everyone and make excuses?

It's not really even close doe.

Durant went to one of the best teams you will ever find after they beat his team. He went to a team that could win a championship with him chilling on the bench.

Lebron left a team that had just been to the finals to go to a mediocre team that needed him to get a championship.

Different situations.

Lebron left to join a team that he thought would be the greatest team ever assembled and win Not 1 not 2...not 7 championships. He left to play with the Finals MVP and championship winner from a couple years before and another high level all-star. Durant left to chase a ring with an easy spot but he most left because he didnt want to be on his team and went to a team that played basketball the way he wanted to play. Also comparing any of what players do today to what players did in the 90s or another era is silly. FA rules are very different.

What team do people think Durant should have left for? What would have been okay in your minds?

Best fit? They're the best ****ing fit for anyone! Is there a player in the league that would fit poorly on a 73-win team? With a 2-time MVP? And two other All-Stars?

Maybe I wouldn't think Durant was such a punk if he just nicely owned up to this. Said "Hey, I've tried for a decade to win the hard way and it didn't work, and I'm just looking to win easy now." Why lie to everyone and make excuses?

What lies has he told? He already said he was going to a winning team and he did. His game has expanded so much this year. He has become a great defender, passer and able to do so many more things that he was not doing in OKC. People are kidding themselves into thinking they wouldnt make a similar decision. He was leaving OKC no matter what. So if you are picking a new team who is that team you are going to go to? Where would you have gone if it was you?

A professional that has worked his *** off wants to coalesce with other bests to win it all and you hate him for it? Petty.

He was up 3-1 on that team and had just as good a chance as anyone that year of winning a ring. Instead of fighting through adversity and earning his ring, he chose the sissy's way out by joining up with some guys who will earn it for him.

He's the most gutless wonder any sport has ever seen and so are you for trying to justify his spinelessness. You two can be jellyfish bros.

Lebron left to join a team that he thought would be the greatest team ever assembled and win Not 1 not 2...not 7 championships. He left to play with the Finals MVP and championship winner from a couple years before and another high level all-star. Durant left to chase a ring with an easy spot but he most left because he didnt want to be on his team and went to a team that played basketball the way he wanted to play. Also comparing any of what players do today to what players did in the 90s or another era is silly. FA rules are very different.

What team do people think Durant should have left for? What would have been okay in your minds?
For what it's worth I have not been criticizing what durant did. Just saying that it's not the same as what lebron did. I stand by that.

My God, anyone still comparing what Lebron did is ****ing delusional. Lebron had to play his guts out in Miami to get the rings he got. That team doesn't sniff a championship without him. Jellyfish Durant could sit out the rest of the playoffs and still get his ring. He's a big, hairy, *****.

He could have gone to any team but Cleavland (because of lebron) or the warriors (because they are were already one of the greatest regular season teams assembled).

So according to your theory, Hayward and Lebron should just pony up and join the Warriors next season? Because it's the best fit for them? It doesn't matter if it's "the best fit" it would still be a cowardly move.

Lets put this in an example that is more relate-able to people.

You work at a company and like your job but dislike the company. Your do not get along with your boss. You are not allowed to do your job like you think you should. Your dont like your co-worker who interferes with your work and is hard to get along with despite you trying very hard for years. The company is known for being cheapskates and making decisions to help themselves at the cost of their employees and have made cutbacks that hurt you directly.

You get three job offers. The money is the same at all the jobs so that is not a factor. Which would you choose?

Company A. A startup company that is up and coming but unstable and you are unsure about. The also dont really recruit you just send you an offer.

Company B. A decent company but when you look at it closer it is very similar to your old company and you see many of the same problems. They recruit you pretty hard.

Company C. The best company in the business and people love their product. They are very well liked and have a great solid future. The company is known for treating their employees great and having lots of perks. That company has great employees that all get along. They make the pitch to you and offer you to work the way you want, work the hours you want, and tell you how much they want you and what a great fit you are.

Seems like a pretty easy choice for most people. Although I guess you could stay at your current job that you dislike because you feel some odd sense of loyalty to a company that has not been loyal to you nor will be loyal to you in the future if your production changes or they decide to go a different route.

He could have gone to any team but Cleavland (because of lebron) or the warriors (because they are were already one of the greatest regular season teams assembled).

So according to your theory, Hayward and Lebron should just pony up and join the Warriors next season? Because it's the best fit for them? It doesn't matter if it's "the best fit" it would still be a cowardly move.

Ws dont have room for Hayward or Lebron and would be a bad fit for both of them, nor will Ws recruit them and make a pitch. Fit has more to do than just winning but that is a factor. The only factor some of you are looking at.

My God, anyone still comparing what Lebron did is ****ing delusional. Lebron had to play his guts out in Miami to get the rings he got. That team doesn't sniff a championship without him. Jellyfish Durant could sit out the rest of the playoffs and still get his ring. He's a big, hairy, *****.

Not only that, but go back and take a look at Cleveland's portfolio of players, contracts, picks, etc. when LeBron left. They had spent every bullet in their magazine and didn't have much potential for further upward trajectory. That's absolutely nothing like the Presti-led Thunder.

In addition, the lore about Miami gets over-stated. This is post-Shaq; Wade had had some health problems; etc.

There are thousands of reasons why nobody should compare what KD did to what LeBron did. When I hear someone create an equivalency, I make notes in my spreadsheet about what a dumbass that person is.

He was up 3-1 on that team and had just as good a chance as anyone that year of winning a ring. Instead of fighting through adversity and earning his ring, he chose the sissy's way out by joining up with some guys who will earn it for him.

He's the most gutless wonder any sport has ever seen and so are you for trying to justify his spinelessness. You two can be jellyfish bros.

#jellyfishDurant
#cantbeatemjoinem

We need to let KD know about these!

You work at a company and like your job but dislike the company. Your do not get along with your boss. You are not allowed to do your job like you think you should. Your dont like your co-worker who interferes with your work and is hard to get along with despite you trying very hard for years. The company is known for being cheapskates and making decisions to help themselves at the cost of their employees and have made cutbacks that hurt you directly.

You get three job offers. The money is the same at all the jobs so that is not a factor. Which would you choose?

Company A. A startup company that is up and coming but unstable and you are unsure about. The also dont really recruit you just send you an offer.

Company B. A decent company but when you look at it closer it is very similar to your old company and you see many of the same problems. They recruit you pretty hard.

Company C. The best company in the business and people love their product. They are very well liked and have a great solid future. The company is known for treating their employees great and having lots of perks. That company has great employees that all get along. They make the pitch to you and offer you to work the way you want, work the hours you want, and tell you how much they want you and what a great fit you are.

Seems like a pretty easy choice for most people. Although I guess you could stay at your current job that you dislike because you feel some odd sense of loyalty to a company that has not been loyal to you nor will be loyal to you in the future if your production changes or they decide to go a different route.

lol, dude. If you don't think every NBA fan has been exposed to this kind of reasoning, then u straightout crazay.

What are the limitations of applying this argument to sport? eh?

So how do you win championships at your work?

How do you even win a game?

It's not a good analogy. Comparing any major professional sport to an average job or career is laughable.

I get what your saying, he defiantly made the decision that will get him the rings, but they are gravy rings.

I guess it could be settled like this. He can do what he wants. We can call it like it is. Soft and jellyfishy. He just jumped on the bandwagon, to win the rings. They would have (and already did) win rings without him.

So if you are picking a new team who is that team you are going to go to? Where would you have gone if it was you?

Somewhere where I'm not just an appendage. As was pointed out numerous times in this thread by others, he could go home to where the **** it is that he lives and watch the rest of the playoffs on TV, and the Warriors would probably win the title anyway.

Again, there's a reason I don't cheat at video games and there's a reason why I don't hoop it up against grade-schoolers at my local Y. I know I'd win in both cases, but maybe, just maybe, I'm actually doing this for fun and winning isn't the point in and of itself.

Not only that, but go back and take a look at Cleveland's portfolio of players, contracts, picks, etc. when LeBron left. They had spent every bullet in their magazine and didn't have much potential for further upward trajectory. That's absolutely nothing like the Presti-led Thunder.

In addition, the lore about Miami gets over-stated. This is post-Shaq; Wade had had some health problems; etc.

There are thousands of reasons why nobody should compare what KD did to what LeBron did. When I hear someone create an equivalency, I make notes in my spreadsheet about what a dumbass that person is.

Great points. Oklahoma City would have beaten the Warriors if not for an INSANE Klay 3rd quarter. They looked like a team that could contend and fight the Warriors for years. The killed the Spurs and gave the Warriors a huge fight. KD then decided to leave for the Warriors instead right after those playoffs. The Thunder were the 6th seed and nearly won 50 games without Durant this season.

LeBron's final year in Cleveland before Miami, they won 61 games and got worked by the Celtics in the conference semifinals. The year after LeBron left, the Cavs won 19 games.

Is there any way a star free agent decides Utah is the best place to be competitive and joins forces with Hayward and Gobert? If so, is there any way that the Jazz could make room to sign them?

Superteams take away the fun of competition, but the entire KD hate is exaggerated imo. He gave everything he had to OKC and made his move when it was time. It's a business move. You don't hate on someone taking an exciting offer over their current job to get their career to where they want to be.

Now do I agree with his decision? 90% no. He would have the same chances in OKC for his ring. But that's for him to decide, not me.

Superteams take away the fun of competition, but the entire KD hate is exaggerated imo. He gave everything he had to OKC and made his move when it was time. It's a business move. You don't hate on someone taking an exciting offer over their current job to get their career to where they want to be.

Now do I agree with his decision? 90% no. He would have the same chances in OKC for his ring. But that's for him to decide, not me.

God no, it makes it hollow to get a ring, its like the dream team in 92, yeah they got a gold, but man its against a JV team (world). It would mean more if he built up a mediocre team and won it. He just said "oh they lost only 9 games? well, i can help that 'lol'" he's a turd.