What's new

Carmelo says there was potential deal on table to send him to Utah from Denver

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner

He says for Derrick Favors because George Karl was high on him, which makes no sense since he wasn’t traded here until the next day, unless it would have been in a three-way, but he also mentions the Nets so it’s possible he has the details fuzzy, but for him to specifically say Utah is interesting. Unless a multi-team trade, then this would be a DWill for Carmelo-type deal, but the scuttle around the league was that KOC hadn’t talked to anyone else and just phoned New Jersey.

He says for Derrick Favors because George Karl was high on him, which makes no sense since he wasn’t traded here until the next day, unless it would have been in a three-way, but he also mentions the Nets so it’s possible he has the details fuzzy, but for him to specifically say Utah is interesting. Unless a multi-team trade, then this would be a DWill for Carmelo-type deal, but the scuttle around the league was that KOC hadn’t talked to anyone else and just phoned New Jersey.

Yeah, for all we know KOC was waiting to see what assets were on the table for Melo in order to gauge the market for DWill.

This is me. Just an average night really. Basically the end of any random day for me.

But if Melo had come to the Jazz this would have been me times 1,000,000.

Corbin and two of the biggest ball sticks in the league - Carmelo and Al.

That might have been enough to send me packing.

Am I confused? How were we going to trade Favors for Melo? He wasn’t on the team yet?
I'm guessing just a 3-way with Utah. Harris probably goes to Denver with Favors and draft picks and we get Melo.

I would have hated the traded without keeping D-Will and especially with Al Jefferson still being on the team, but man, D-Will/Melo would have been dangerous. I think Melo would have been really good in Sloan's system if he could improve his passing a smidge.

IMO there is zero chance KOC hadn't talked to anyone but New Jersey.

I'm guessing just a 3-way with Utah. Harris probably goes to Denver with Favors and draft picks and we get Melo.

I would have hated the traded without keeping D-Will and especially with Al Jefferson still being on the team, but man, D-Will/Melo would have been dangerous. I think Melo would have been really good in Sloan's system if he could improve his passing a smidge.
Zero chance he would of wanted to come here. He was on a playoff team in Denver and left it and being part of a successful team to put up numbers in big city. He didn't care if he wins or loss s and DWill and Sloan was not like that. I have met Sloan's family on the farm with my husband before. His family is from that area of Southern Illinois, Little egypt they call it but idk it was a little hills there but not much else lol

You do realize you just lost your chance at having a dynasty that would have equaled the NY Yankees.

YOU BLEW IT!

As teams make runs for the playoffs and the Finals, Melo is the most desired chip in all the NBA. The guy is called MeloTheJazzKiller for f***s sake! If you meet Portland in the playoffs Melo will kill you! You had a chance to make Melo an ally. Like we made the Russians an ally in WWII, Melo could have been your Stalin. The Jazz with Melo would have defeated the Nazi Nets and the Mussolini Lakers. Now that ain't happening.

YOU BLEW IT!!

This will go down as the most disastrous non-trade in sports history.
Oh, you Jazz make me laugh.

You do realize you just lost your chance at having a dynasty that would have equaled the NY Yankees.

YOU BLEW IT!

As teams make runs for the playoffs and the Finals, Melo is the most desired chip in all the NBA. The guy is called MeloTheJazzKiller for f***s sake! If you meet Portland in the playoffs Melo will kill you! You had a chance to make Melo an ally. Like we made the Russians an ally in WWII, Melo could have been your Stalin. The Jazz with Melo would have defeated the Nazi Nets and the Mussolini Lakers. Now that ain't happening.

YOU BLEW IT!!

This will go down as the most disastrous non-trade in sports history.
Oh, you Jazz make me laugh.
When Melo pushed off on Bryon Russell to sink the game winning shot of the 98 finals, it was a christening moment for him being fully established as the Jazz killer.

Locke has hinted as much in his not-so-subtle ways.

There was a Hayward for Harden deal that almost went down with OKC.