What's new

Cars that you like

You complain about how your last gf was cold, inattentive, basically shallow...and you want to buy a car to pick up women? Have you not learned your lesson yet?!?!

You know how there are people that are constantly asking for advice, on everything from which battery to buy, to which woman to date...and they never listen? And you learn that they just like to be talked about, and to sound like they have something going on.

You are that person One Love. You had a thread where 10 people told you one thing, one person told you what you wanted to hear, and we get "well now I'm conflicted". This isn't rocket science. And I don't want I be mean, but somebody has to tell you this for your own good. You're freaking over 30 years old and you act like a middle school boy going through puberty.

Yeah about that, I did eventually text her with a 'Happy Birthday' sticker (it's like visual graphic) via the messaging App. She replied (which was strange) saying Thank You, how did you remember my Birthday, etc. I texted her back saying of course I remember, etc... It took her ages to reply my text but that's normal.

Anyway I eventually called her and apparently she's at a conference and was super busy, I said I still missed her, she didn't say anything. Then she said she really had to go cos she had to write up a report for tomorrow, etc, etc.

So yeah, even though she was appreciative of the gesture, it was same old same old her, so I came away thinking yeah I'm just gonna just let her be. If she's still interested she'll seek me out herself.

So this is part of me moving on, getting a new car, a new start, etc. Hopefully it'll help me expand my social circle and maybe find someone new instead of being stuck in the same old rut.

Bro...did you ever think that maybe it's not that she's cold, inattentive, whatever, but that she's just not into you? Cause let me tell you, that girl is not at all into you. Also, you're a grown man. Don't be sending anybody birthday stickers. Gosh damn.

Bro...did you ever think that maybe it's not that she's cold, inattentive, whatever, but that she's just not into you? Cause let me tell you, that girl is not at all into you. Also, you're a grown man. Don't be sending anybody birthday stickers. Gosh damn.

Yeah could be... I did ask her have you been seeing anyone? And her reply was like "No" with a hint of "of course not, I'm too busy with work". I did ask if she misses me and she just sort of whispered a quiet "yes". I said I missed her too - then straight after she said she had to go.

So yeah you could be right, hence this new thing about moving on with my life, etc.

I think the GTI is pretty much the ultimate all-around car when you consider all of the usual important criteria... cost, utility, sport, mileage, luxury. They let the world know that you are practical but not boring, but more importantly they excel at almost everything. The TT is a sweet car but it's for chicks, kind of like a Z4. That Mercedes is hideous and boring IMO.

If you have the coin:

Lamborghini Urus
Ferarri GTC4Lusso
X6M
GT350R
911 GT3 RS
AMG GT S
Macan GTS
Focus RS
Golf R
Nissan GTR
Mclaren 570 S
Lambo Aventador
Ford Raptor
Bentley Continental
Ferrari F12
Corvette ZO6
Panamera Turbo S
Hellcat

I think the GTI is pretty much the ultimate all-around car when you consider all of the usual important criteria... cost, utility, sport, mileage, luxury. They let the world know that you are practical but not boring, but more importantly they excel at almost everything. The TT is a sweet car but it's for chicks, kind of like a Z4. That Mercedes is hideous and boring IMO.

If you have the coin:

Lamborghini Urus
Ferarri GTC4Lusso
X6M
GT350R
911 GT3 RS
AMG GT S
Macan GTS
Focus RS
Golf R
Nissan GTR
Mclaren 570 S
Lambo Aventador
Ford Raptor
Bentley Continental
Ferrari F12
Corvette ZO6
Panamera Turbo S
Hellcat

Haha.. thanks man, but I do have a budget some of those on your list I'd probably have to sell my house to buy.

Of the 3, if you were to impress a girl and/or give off a 'you've made it' vibe, which of those would you go for? Or for a similar budget of around US$15,000 do you have another suggestion?

Haha.. thanks man, but I do have a budget some of those on your list I'd probably have to sell my house to buy.

Of the 3, if you were to impress a girl and/or give off a 'you've made it' vibe, which of those would you go for? Or for a similar budget of around US$15,000 do you have another suggestion?

Maybe a used Audi A4 or A6 to impress a girl? Sporty, decent space, luxurious, good value if used. Or a BMW 3 or 5-series? You could find one with about 80,000 miles in great condition for about $15,000. Big step up in luxury over the Golf, especially the 5.

Maybe a used Audi A4 or A6 to impress a girl? Sporty, decent space, luxurious, good value if used. Or a BMW 3 or 5-series? You could find one with about 80,000 miles in great condition for about $15,000. Big step up in luxury over the Golf, especially the 5.

Do you think A4/A6 would be more or less impressive than the TT? I don't really need the space/backseats and wanting something a bit more sporty hence the TT. Also would girls think I'm some divorced single dad if I drive a 5 door sedan over the 3 door coupe?

You definitely care too much what others think. That is not an attractive quality to a lot of women. That screams low confidence. Then trying to hide your low confidence with a "cool" "sporty" car will only make that stand out more to others. No car for 15k screams you made it. It screams you bought a mid priced car. If it's a sporty car to impress women it will scream low confidence and compensating.

Last edited:
You definitely care too much what others think. That is not an attractive quality to a lot of women. That screams low confidence. Then trying to hide your low confidence with a "cool" "sporty" car will only make that stand out more to others. No car for 15k screams you made it. It screams you bought a mid priced car. If it's a sporty car to impress women it will scream low confidence and compensating.

Ok I understand your point, but wouldn't driving a beat up car scream you can't hack it?

I have considered a 5 door sedan, yes, it's very sensible. Good resale value, very useful, etc. But as I said to str8line I feared it would scream divorced-single-dad-driving-around-with-4-empty-seats-during-weekend-but-never-available-for-dates-during-weekends?

I just thought girls would love guys who 'seem to have it all together' but also 'available'? Eligible bachelor type?

Girls want to have fun.

The car you drive, the clothes you wear.. pale, big time, in comparison to being cool to hang out with.
I have no advice on the cars.

First, I'm not into "cars" (trucks for me) and second, you're looking in the wrong direction.

Find a new hobby. Take up scuba diving or something.. let "life" lead you.

Learn (practice hard) a new instrument.
Think more guitar than trumpet.

Have great posture.
Flash a cocky smile.
Be more unavailable than needy. (These hobbies will help.)

I know this thread was about cars.. or was it?

Anyway, with everyone giving you grief.. thought we "Saturday" guys needed to stick together.

This to nth degree.

Ok I understand your point, but wouldn't driving a beat up car scream you can't hack it?

I have considered a 5 door sedan, yes, it's very sensible. Good resale value, very useful, etc. But as I said to str8line I feared it would scream divorced-single-dad-driving-around-with-4-empty-seats-during-weekend-but-never-available-for-dates-during-weekends?

I just thought girls would love guys who 'seem to have it all together' but also 'available'? Eligible bachelor type?

Jesus Christ. Who gives a **** what it screams? I had a Ford Explorer in a sweet midnight grey or something. Sold it for 11K so I could have the cash and save $150 a month on gas by getting a Fusion Hybrid. A corny *** car and idgaf. You need to learn to do the same. Your desire to please is nauseating.

Jesus Christ. Who gives a **** what it screams? I had a Ford Explorer in a sweet midnight grey or something. Sold it for 11K so I could have the cash and save $150 a month on gas by getting a Fusion Hybrid. A corny *** car and idgaf. You need to learn to do the same. Your desire to please is nauseating.

Making a case as to what someone else should do evidencing what you had done is dumb.
Also, wanting to please is a very good trait.. while coming off a needy bitch is not, imo.

You guys should try a little harder to be constructive rather than destructive.
It makes you come off as insecure, like OL.

Making a case as to what someone else should do evidencing what you had done is dumb.
Also, wanting to please is a very good trait.. while coming off a needy bitch is not, imo.

I do agree with you.

However, what's the point of being constructive when it's been done over, and over, and over, and the individual has a history of not listening to the advice? Case in point, the "do I text her or not?"...overwhelming majority was to not do it. Does it anyways. I mean, why freaking bother try to help if he's not going to listen anyways?

I do agree with you.

However, what's the point of being constructive when it's been done over, and over, and over, and the individual has a history of not listening to the advice? Case in point, the "do I text her or not?"...overwhelming majority was to not do it. Does it anyways. I mean, why freaking bother try to help if he's not going to listen anyways?

So why respond at all, then?
How long did you keep your chest puffed out after basically telling him he's a douche?

Agree that a new hobby will help. Expand your circle of friends. Don't do **** just to meet a girl. Do things to have fun, and join social groups to do these activities. Ski, kayak, bike, travel, join a dodgeball league, join a cult, whatever.

As far as cars go, imo, buying a cheap/older german car is a bad idea. Look at the average repair cost for a Merc or Audi. I stay in the Toyota family as reliability and resale is amazing (the resale makes me tend to buy new toyotas as the used prices are a bit nuts), and replacement parts are reasonable and easy to source.

Agree that a new hobby will help. Expand your circle of friends. Don't do **** just to meet a girl. Do things to have fun, and join social groups to do these activities. Ski, kayak, bike, travel, join a dodgeball league, join a cult, whatever.

As far as cars go, imo, buying a cheap/older german car is a bad idea. Look at the average repair cost for a Merc or Audi. I stay in the Toyota family as reliability and resale is amazing (the resale makes me tend to buy new toyotas as the used prices are a bit nuts), and replacement parts are reasonable and easy to source.

Good first paragraph.
I'm out on the car discussion.

Same thing I told my son. He was all depressed because he and his girlfriend broke up and he responded by "needing" to find another one.. and came off like it.
I convinced him to take a 6 month break and just go have fun with his friends.

They started going four-wheeling, having bon fires.. and guess what? Girls wanted to join in on all the fun. Almost overnight he was the hot guy that girls fought over. He probably dated 20 girls in two months. He couldn't get serious because he was having too much fun with his friends.

Semantics. Anyway, aiming to please by getting on your knees and begging is pathetic. That's all. Now **** off, Cowboy.