What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

I am also not convinced the Magics start was real... I don't think we played a very good team tonight.

If we are waiting on Gobert and JoeJ to make a worthless run to the 13th or 14th pick, I will have lost all faith in Lindsey.

We are failing miserably right now. We need a roster shakeup. Either bench somebody who is an entitled starter or trade somebody to send a message.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm all for making a trade, but the Jazz will try to go out there and win. I doubt anyone is going to tank this season.

The silver lining for the tank hopers is that they are probably bad enough to get a top 10 pick as it is with them trying.

This thread is stupid. Akin to the churro thread. DL is not going to tank. Neither will Quin. They are way too competitive. Plus the overall fan base would never support tanking, myself included.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Reactions: MVP
This thread is stupid. Akin to the churro thread. DL is not going to tank. Neither will Quin. They are way too competitive. Plus the overall fan base would never support tanking, myself included.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Yep, we should just settle for the 11th pick and cross our fingers the selection turns into a stud.

Win in orlando was pretty impressive. Who wants to have a loosers mentality? We have to win something

I am sorry guys. We gonna win at least 30 thats not enough to land top 3 or even top 5 pick. Remember exum tank? We were horrible team and still could not secure top tier

Competitive people loooooove mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

It's just not fun to root for tanking. You can't blame anyone. The Jazz can certainly be better than mediocre if they just get a 10-18th pick and getting Luka Doncic in no way guarantees the Jazz become title contenders.

I would love to all out tank a year and tune out, but it's just not realistic so in terms of enjoying the season (the whole point of NBA) it's fun to root for the team to win.

It's just not fun to root for tanking. You can't blame anyone. The Jazz can certainly be better than mediocre if they just get a 10-18th pick and getting Luka Doncic in no way guarantees the Jazz become title contenders.

I would love to all out tank a year and tune out, but it's just not realistic so in terms of enjoying the season (the whole point of NBA) it's fun to root for the team to win.
No, tanking for Doncic wouldn't guarantee that we become contenders, but it would give us a MUCH (!!!) better chance than not tanking. That's my biggest beef with the anti-tank crowd--they don't offer an alternate solution to winning a title. They just hope it will magically happen and we won't have to make any sacrifices or take real risks in order to acquire the talent required to win it all.

No, tanking for Doncic wouldn't guarantee that we become contenders, but it would give us a MUCH (!!!) better chance than not tanking. That's my biggest beef with the anti-tank crowd--they don't offer an alternate solution to winning a title. They just hope it will magically happen and we won't have to make any sacrifices or take real risks in order to acquire the talent required to win it all.

Ya, its strange. No vision of the future. Its all about winning this next game to them. I feel like this is trying to explain the importance of saving money and going to college to stubborn children.