What's new

Chad Ford Chat - Utah Jazz

So there is this already today

"@ESPNSteinLine: Pitches from Raps & Wolves for Pau already rejected by Lakers, sources tell ESPN. Story with @RamonaShelburne: https://t.co/5kkXnAjd"

In no way are the Jazz going to do any type of trade with the Lakers. They have nothing we need nor want.

If we could get Millsap to stay as a 6th man that'd be great, but I think he wants to start and make more money. It should be obvious that Kanter and Favors need to be starting...and I'd much rather see them start and have the Jazz lose, than see Jefferson and Millsap start and the Jazz still lose. Losing sucks no matter what, but if we have a youth movement/rebuilding phase to get excited about its much more bearable

If we could get Millsap to stay as a 6th man that'd be great, but I think he wants to start and make more money. It should be obvious that Kanter and Favors need to be starting...and I'd much rather see them start and have the Jazz lose, than see Jefferson and Millsap start and the Jazz still lose. Losing sucks no matter what, but if we have a youth movement/rebuilding phase to get excited about its much more bearable

Name 3 teams, other than the Jazz, that have cap space next summer, would spend big on Milsap and Milsap would start for them.

And stay just good enough to get swept in the first round of the playoffs. Unfortunately we are one year to late on getting equal value for Millsap or Jefferson.

Where does this false view of the Jazz come from? The Jazz have only been swept in the first round twice in their entire history. Once in 1988-89 to the Tankers and last year to the Spurs. The Jazz have shown that they are historically better than a first round sweep normally.

Will this team win it all? No but I have more faith in my team than a 1st round sweep all the time. A tough 2nd round out is their norm.

Name 3 teams, other than the Jazz, that have cap space next summer, would spend big on Milsap and Milsap would start for them.

I know Portland would love to have him, they would move Aldridge to center and Millsap would go to PF. I could also see Chicago trying to shed some money to get sign him as well

Where does this false view of the Jazz come from? The Jazz have only been swept in the first round twice in their entire history. Once in 1988-89 to the Tankers and last year to the Spurs. The Jazz have shown that they are historically better than a first round sweep normally.

Will this team win it all? No but I have more faith in my team than a 1st round sweep all the time. A tough 2nd round out is their norm.

We got swept by the Lakers. We got bumped by the Lakers first in 6 games, then in five games, then swept. We kept the same team together each time.

Boston, Detroit, Charlotte, Dallas. It's a longer list than you think. The operative word is "big". I don't see Paul taking the highest offer next summer. I see him taking the offer that gives him the path (not the assurance) of starting.

I LoL at the people who don't think that Paul will have a lot of suitors.

The anti-Millsap trend around here is ****ing embarrassing.

It's deeply ingrained in Paul's DNA that he's a starter in this league. I can't possibly hold that against him because it's true. I would love if he had a Come To Jesus epiphany about being a Lamar Odom 6th Man type, but I don't see it happening.

Never said there wouldn't be suitors, but if he is demanding big money and the starting pf job the list gets shorter.

Never said there wouldn't be suitors, but if he is demanding big money and the starting pf job the list gets shorter.

Hollinger also had an interesting article earlier this year which stated that an inordinately high number of teams will have cap space this summer. Demand higher than the supply basically, which means Paul has a decent chance to both start and get paid. But like I said, I highly doubt Paul will place the highest priority on getting the richest deal.

It's deeply ingrained in Paul's DNA that he's a starter in this league. I can't possibly hold that against him because it's true. I would love if he had a Come To Jesus epiphany about being a Lamar Odom 6th Man type, but I don't see it happening.

Phil Johnson has been saying this on the Root broadcast, when the other guys were lauding the hustle and heart of Carroll, PJ interjected to point out this is exactly who Sap used to be. It's been bandied about plenty here that maybe he would revert to that kind of energy output with less minutes, who knows, but this is what is missing from PM's game.

It's possible that Sap just needs to go be somebody's offensive starting hub, and fail, like Odom did, in order for him to accept this.