What's new

Chances of Lebron in Utah...

This trade saves a lot of money. I’d have to check to see if it clears us from the tax.

You’d have to go all-in on one year. I’m sure you’d attract a number of willing ride-alongs.

Not a LeBron fan and would hate to win that way, but the alternative is sucking with playing a type of basketball I can’t stand.

This trade saves a lot of money. I’d have to check to see if it clears us from the tax.

You’d have to go all-in on one year. I’m sure you’d attract a number of willing ride-alongs.

Not a LeBron fan and would hate to win that way, but the alternative is sucking with playing a type of basketball I can’t stand.

I like it and I’m down. I want nothing more in life than the Jazz winning a ring.

I like it and I’m down. I want nothing more in life than the Jazz winning a ring.
I’d trade a lot for a guarantee at a ring. Putting LeBron on an actual team puts a lot of wind at our back with the league because you know they’d love the narrative of a 38 year old LeBron bringing the Jazz their first title. I’d absolutely hate that narrative, but it’d be a necessary evil. I mean, Ainge is our GM. If we’re gonna be unlikable, may as well win.

Ugh. I want the ring. But this is a lot like screwing your grandma so she leaves you the house in her will.

Here’s the trade, my friends:

0AA46841-7A97-4AED-A29B-358782058187.jpeg

This is really two trades but did it for simplicity. No way NY helps facilitate a deal to move Donovan elsewhere. NY needs to give us a little something. This move saves us $14.5M in salary (when accounting for next year’s numbers), puts us well below the tax (no telling how much we save there and avoiding the repeater tax). We have the most profitable season in franchise history, we get lots of nationally televised games, lots of camera angles on Ryan saying how bold of a move he made, even more all star game hype, plus untold millions available from a deep playoff run, lots of merchandise sales and constant chatter about the Jazz. We go all in on one year and win the title on our home floor, then burn down Vivint on the way out because it gets ugly after that. We all roast marshmallows on the flames to celebrate, and then we break the curse of being shackled to this game and franchise.