What's new

Chandler, Lee, Boozer and stuff

Archie Moses

I'm not a big Chandler fan. I actually hate him and Cheetos. With that being said, if he could remain healthy, and not have his big toe go to the market or go wee wee wee all the way home, and play like he did a few years ago with CP3<DWill, he might be what the Jazz are looking for. He's probably too expensive in what we're looking for unless Boozer leaves, and in that case, we won't lose our torn labia guy, cause he would be replaced.

090728_chandler_player_profile.jpg

And then, while were at it, we can draft Zoubek in the second round, not! He's practically the white Tyson Chandler, though their games are nothing alike other than they both haven't lived up to the hype. But they both do have a beard though.

brianzoubek1.jpg

https://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16662/chandler-a-free-agent-in-2010

It looks like I may need to add another name to my Top Free Agent List this summer.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Bobcats big man Tyson Chandler is seriously considering exercising an early termination option on his contract this summer. If Chandler terminates his contract early, he'll forfeit the remaining $12.6 million he's due from the Bobcats and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1st.

Chandler, who is now 27 years old, had his best year during the 2007-08 season averaging 11.8 ppg and 11.8 rpg while shooting a scintillating 63 percent from the field. At the time he was considered one of the best defensive centers in the NBA. However, Chandler has struggled with injuries the last two seasons in New Orleans and Charlotte. The same source said that Chandler is now totally healthy and working out in California preparing for the 2010 season.

"He's gotten all of his issues taken care of," the source said, "and he's gearing up to have a big year next season. I think you're going to see the same Tyson who played so well for the Hornets a few years ago."

Chandler almost became a member of the Thunder in February of 2009. The Hornets traded Chandler to Oklahoma City to get under the luxury tax, but Thunder GM Sam Presti rescinded the trade when the Thunder's team doctor became concerned about an injury to Chandler's left big toe. The toe never became an issue, but minor ankle and foot issues nagged him all year last year. Both issues started to clear up by the end of the season.

Now that the injury is behind him, Chandler is looking to seize an opportunity. With so many teams under the luxury tax next season and only five or six top tier free agents out there, a number of teams are going to be left with lots of money to spend this summer. Not everyone can land LeBron or Dwyane Wade. The other thing working in Chandler's favor is that there aren't really any true centers in free agency this summer and a number of teams with cap space including the Thunder, Knicks, Timberwolves, Wizards and Heat need a center badly.

Pair those two factors together and Chandler could be in a for a big payday this summer. While it's unlikely he can get a starting contract at $12.6 million per year, he should be able to snag a 4 or 5 year deal in the $10 million per year range and get some security before the collective bargaining agreement changes next summer.

If Chandler exercises the termination option in his contract, it will leave the Bobcats with just Nazr Mohammed and DeSagana Diop, in the middle. However, getting Chandler's $12.6 million off the books next year would give the Bobcats between $6 and $7 million in cap room this summer to try to replace him.

On a totally different note, I don't know if you guys heard this? Nice little read and comparison.

722dce8f3f0b4dbaee40c887bec8f57e-getty-98720471mm_lakers_jazz_0022.jpg

https://network.yardbarker.com/NBA/...oozer_that_much_better_than_David_Lee/2718324

Is Carlos Boozer that much better than David Lee?
TEAMS: Utah Jazz
PLAYERS: Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams

Carlos Boozer had these comments when making his media rounds on ESPN radio this week:

“Oh, absolutely I do. I think he’s a very good, young player though. I think he had a great season. He was an All-Star this year. I think he has a great upside to him. I do think I’m better but, I mean, that’s for you guys to debate about. I don’t worry about that kind of stuff. I just go out there and play hard for my team and try everything I can to win games and win a ring. But David Lee’s a great, young player, a good friend of mine, and of course I wish him the best of luck as well with whatever he does. If he stays in New York or if he also goes elsewhere.”

David Lee: 20.3 points, 11,7 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.1 steals, .5 blocks, 54% field, 81% foul line, 22.28 PER

Carlos Boozer: 19.5 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.1 steals, .5 blocks, 56% field, 74% foul line, 21.42 PER

Last season’s stats and how both players approach the game are very similar. Both are terrific passers, can finish with both hands at the rim and have great shooting range. They also are both free agents.

Two reasons why Boozer is better

1) Toughness: His muscular frame (260+ pounds) allows him to be more rugged in the post. He has the ability to draw double-teams in the post and has better moves down low. While he is not a considered a great defensive player his size allows him to match better up against power forwards. David Lee has had the misfortune of guarding bigger players but bulking up would help.

2) Reputation: Boozer has been a consistent player for two different teams (Cavs and Jazz) over a eight year career. If David Lee joins another team the jury is still out if he can sustain his high productivity. Boozer is a 2-time All Star and was a member on the 2008 U.S Olympic team that won a Gold Medal.

Two reasons why Lee will become a better player

1) Durability and Athleticism: Boozer has been injury prone in his eight year career appearing in 51 or fewer games three times. Lee has missed a total of three regular season games the past three seasons.David Lee is two years younger (27) and is entering the prime of his career. Boozer has never averaged more than 35 minutes in a game, Lee appeared in 37 minutes per game this past season. Lee, also runs the court better and is becoming a more efficient finisher off the pick-and-roll.

2) Potential: Boozer has averaged just 20 points twice in his eight year career. David Lee has increased his points and defensive rebounds in each of his five seasons. Lee shot a career high 43% from 16-23 feet which will steadily increase. He also has been working on a three-point shot which would be a great addition to an already growing offensive game.

Playing with Deron Williams has helped Boozer reach the playoffs in four straight seasons. He is surrounded around more talent in Utah than Lee was in New York.

Hopefully the Jazz will invite Paul Harris back to their camp this year. If he hadn't hurt his ankle last year around the same time CJ broke his thumb, who knows if the Jazz would have kept him of Wesley. I wouldn't mind seeing him in camp during the time of the running of the bulls, if you know what I mean?

large_Paul_Harris_031409.jpg

Last but not least:

Anytime you can get something basically for nothing, I think it's worth the wait.

- Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor on holding on to the Knicks' pick for so many years.
kosta-ross-1.jpg

Is, "Boom, bitches" no longer cool?

Did Paul Harris play any basketball over the past year?

No, he was drafted by a dleague team ( I think 8th over all) but then he decided to have season ending ankle surgery. I wrote him in facebook asking him about his plans. He simple replied with... well, he didn't reply.

No, he was drafted by a dleague team ( I think 8th over all) but then he decided to have season ending ankle surgery. I wrote him in facebook asking him about his plans. He simple replied with... well, he didn't reply.
It would be worth it, IMO, to sign him to a 1-yr deal. At worst, he becomes a 13th-15th man and sits in a suit behind the bench every game. But he had some good skills and a lot of upside before the injury. He could very well become a Matthews-like find. Let's hope KOC has not forgotten about him and he gets an invite to the Rocky Mountain Revue, I mean Orlando Summer League.

As for Lee & Boozer, I'm 99% against signing either. If the Jazz draft Hasssan, maybe they would need to try to bring Boozer back. Carlos can play some minutes at the 5 until Memo is ready to return and Hassan is ready to contribute 20 mins/per. I agree Boozer is a more skilled offensive player than Lee. But David played most of his minutes at center and has a good mid-range shot. He's also better defensively. I watched a lot of NY games late in the season (cheering for them to lose) and I found myself cussing Lee because he was one of the only guys giving 100% in games that didn't matter for the Knicks (but did for Utah).

Last edited:
If your eyes can't tell you why Carlos Boozer is a lot better than Zach Morris, I have no freaking clue what to tell you. This is the failure of statistics, because Zach Morris is not as good as Boozer in any aspect of offense, and is not better at anything else. While Lee can't win with a **** team and he is barely PF-sized and playing C, he also enjoys the individual benefit of not having to compete for rebounds with teammates and being the roll man in almost every pick-and-roll set (most of what NY runs when forced into a half-court situation) while being surrounded by 3-point shooters. Also plays at a very high pace. There's a reason Lee's not even being mentioned - for the most part - when people talk about 2010 free agents. 30 NBA teams aren't sold on him (including his own team which will not be re-signing him). Plug Millsap in NY, and he gets the same or better results. Lee is one of the biggest stat stuffing losers in the NBA today.

And that's besides that Chandler doesn't guard the post especially well, there's no real evidence that 'he's back' (even though at his best, he was never that great and he's been a bust for most of his career), and the Jazz probably wouldn't be able to afford him anyway. Plus all of the other crap.

I would love to have David Lee in a Jazz uniform. Deron Williams would increase his PPG to about 23. We can't overlook how athletic David is and reliable. He just doesn't miss games. As much as I want Boozer back if we could snag Lee instead I would do it in a heart beat.

Um no. David Lee is a product of Mike D'antoni's offense. Defensively, he is just as bad if not much worse than Boozer. I'll pass.

In Sloans offense if you have a good big that can play the pick and roll. (Which the Knicks run a lot) then you can be very good Power Forward. I would much rather have David Lee then Boozer any day of the week. But either one would be fine as long as we would bring one or the other in next year.

With that being said, David Lee isn't too shabby. I mean, I can name a lot of other guys that I'd rather have Lee instead of.