What's new

Checketts: Jazz targeting Winslow and Johnson... May trade down if they can't get either...

I've been thinking about how important it is that the Jazz find a top-tier defensive player on the perimeter. Teams are going to be figuring out ways to negate the Jazz's huge defensive advantage at the big spots, so teams that can iso on the perimeter might have to do that more and the Jazz are missing an obviously defensively-driven wing. If the Jazz are going to try and be the best defensive team ever then they have to get a player like this.

(There's also Carroll...)

I would not trade hood to get one of those two. I like Winslow but I am not sure he is going to be better than Hood. Hood is a great shooter and I think will be an elite shooter in this league, can facilitate, get in the paint and play decent defense.

At worst, Rodney Hood will be a better version of Khris Middleton - who many on this board wanted to max out in RFA before Hood started to show his shooting touch. He'll fit somewhere and help the Jazz win. That's a great result for the 23rd pick in the draft.

At worst, Rodney Hood will be a better version of Khris Middleton - who many on this board wanted to max out in RFA before Hood started to show his shooting touch. He'll fit somewhere and help the Jazz win. That's a great result for the 23rd pick in the draft.

Would still max him out. If Hood becomes as good as Middleton, thats a good thing, and you worry about it 3 years from now when Hood's rookie deal ends.

tumblr_n47t4uKWg21tq4of6o1_500.gif

I don't think the Jazz board ever changes that drastically. It has never been a wishy-washy organization.

Whoever said it was on the Jazz end?

Maybe something happened elsewhere that made these new targets seems more attainable, so now the focus shifts.

Thanks for another made up rumor Checketts.

Jackass.

You and Jody are both attention whore with no real source.