What's new

Checketts: Jazz targeting Winslow and Johnson... May trade down if they can't get either...

Hood has a really nice change-of-pace and mid-range game that's pretty rare. There is actually a bit of Paul Pierce swag there.

Now you're talking. Also an effortless and deep shooter. Dude is a serial chiller and will be turning heads.

Kevin Pelton released his draft trading chart... on the insider:
https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/dra...49/nba-draft-trading-pick-usually-costly-move

He also says that teams regularly overpay for moving up. Hood +12 is massive overpayment for 8.

Here's the chart:

7Q4zySt.jpg

Its like someone took the Jazz FO shipped them to Minnesotta and left the door open to the Jazz draft war room.

What the crap happened to playing it close, keeping it quiet?

Winslow will cost us Hood. Nobody is giving us Winslow for Burks. I'd rather have Hood and one of the bigs at #12 myself.
I think Burks could definitely get it done with #12 but the situation is very fluid. A lot depends on where Winslow ends up. But Hood is a non-starter in such a discussion (Hood should be worth way more to the Jazz then any other team).

Its like someone took the Jazz FO shipped them to Minnesotta and left the door open to the Jazz draft war room.

You can't control what the media says, they can run whatever they want and trust whatever sources they want. I don't think any of it comes from the Jazz, unless they specifically want it out for smokescreening purposes.

zero rumors leave you with very little indication of what's happening. So does 1000 rumors.

I think teams value Burke more than us Jazz fans do. I mean he was on the all-rookie first team, I know it was a sucky draft class but still. He is averaging 13 and 5 for his career right now.

I think teams value Burke more than us Jazz fans do. I mean he was on the all-rookie first team, I know it was a sucky draft class but still. He is averaging 13 and 5 for his career right now.

A Boston writer had done "Redrafts" for the previous 5 years and he had Burke at 4, above Gobert, for the year Burke was drafted.

Is it worse that he had Burke so high, or Gobert so low?

IDK

I dont think FO actually think Burke is much. Im surel fans do because the ugly truth is that players disappear in Utah.

People still know Hayward as "The guy on Butler who missed the shot" and Burke is still known for balling his *** off in the Tourney.

A Boston writer had done "Redrafts" for the previous 5 years and he had Burke at 4, above Gobert, for the year Burke was drafted.

The Boston folk is some of the most delusional and out of touch basketball public in the NBA. I was looking through a board of theirs last week and there were some ridiculous ideas about the value of their players. For example there was a trade idea Favors +12 for Olynyk +16.

Maybe the Jazz like Oubre, Booker, or Kaminsky more than Johnson?

Put Johnson in the same category as Winslow to make Gm's ahead of you a little more reluctant of passing on him.

The Boston folk is some of the most delusional and out of touch basketball public in the NBA. I was looking through a board of theirs last week and there were some ridiculous ideas about the value of their players. For example there was a trade idea Favors +12 for Olynyk +16.

No way could that have traction anywhere. That is unbelievable.

O

I think Burks could definitely get it done with #12 but the situation is very fluid. A lot depends on where Winslow ends up. But Hood is a non-starter in such a discussion (Hood should be worth way more to the Jazz then any other team).

Two number 12 pick for windslow? Most dumbest idea i ever see. Burks is enough to get Winslow and nother draft pick. Burks will be better so why trade for nother young project? This team needs wins now.

No way could that have traction anywhere. That is unbelievable.

The other day there was an official rumor that made it into the news that Ainge has proposed a trade to the 76ers:
Smart + 16+ 28 for Noel + no. 3.