What's new

Checketts: Jazz targeting Winslow and Johnson... May trade down if they can't get either...

I don't know. Everything that Checketts or Locke reports might just be a smokescreen. The real target might be someone else, Hezonja or Porz?

I'd give anything except the obvious guys for Winslow. I'd give Burke, 12, and some minor future picks for Johnson.

Hood + 12 would get to 8 probably. Detroit has a back-up PG they like.

Maybe Detroit comes away with Hood and Payne/Lyles.

Johnson IS expected to get to 8.

I'd rather Burks and 12 tbh. We need shooters and Hood is a shooter for sure.

So now Spence Checketts is the Jazz's leak source?

This is suspicious. I still think the Euros are higher rated.

Locke is also coming out of nowhere in the last 24 hours hyping Winslow.

I would love to get Winslow or Johnson.

This rumor I can get behind.

I don't mind trading Burks and Burke. I don't think we need either one.

I don't think the Jazz would target Winslow unless they're confident they can teach him to shoot. He might be the closest thing to a Kawhi Leonard in this draft though.

I realize I'm overly optimistic in regards to the Jazz, but am I crazy for not wanting to include Hood in a package for Winslow?

I like Burks a lot and could be a very key player, but I also view him as a good trade piece.

Here's who I think the Jazz *really* want:

1) Towns (not happening)

2) Porzingis

3a) Hezonja

3b) Russell (unlikely)

Anything else is questionable to me, but it depends on whether you see Winslow as an elite talent.

Otherwise, the Jazz can stay at 12 and have Turner or Oubre fall into their arms.

I realize I'm overly optimistic in regards to the Jazz, but am I crazy for not wanting to include Hood in a package for Winslow?

I am hesitant to include Hood in any deal. I think he is our next Rudy in the sense that he just explodes.

Hood has a really nice change-of-pace and mid-range game that's pretty rare. There is actually a bit of Paul Pierce swag there.