What's new

Checketts: Jazz targeting Winslow and Johnson... May trade down if they can't get either...

Justice Winslow would be an interesting twist.

All this hype for Porzingas and how we are trying to trade Favors only to surprise people when we unload Burke/Burks for Winslow.

Wasn't Checketts saying we are targeting Dekker and Lyles until like... yesterday?

Wasn't Checketts saying we are targeting Dekker and Lyles until like... yesterday?

Meh. Maybe. They presumably have more than one source saying different things so it's not surprising if people put out conflicting information. The question is which source/report is/was more accurate.

Justice Winslow would be an interesting twist.

All this hype for Porzingas and how we are trying to trade Favors only to surprise people when we unload Burke/Burks for Winslow.

Seems like those two and a future would be enough for 6, no?

Meh. Maybe. They presumably have more than one source saying different things so it's not surprising if people put out conflicting information. The question is which source/report is/was more accurate.

Or whether new information has made them target other players. Who knows,

Can things not change?

Sure they can... or journalists can make **** up...

Let me put it this way - what is the chance the Jazz release truthful information to a journalist 3 hours before the draft, truthful information that would require you to trade up and would give out who you are targeting at said position?

I call BS. The Jazz are one of the most tight lipped organizations in the league and anything they leak would be calculated and most probably a smokescreen.

If we get Winslow without giving up a core player I would be stoked. This years pick, okc pick and warriors pick for Winslow if he slips a little.

Sure they can... or journalists can make **** up...

Let me put it this way - what is the chance the Jazz release truthful information to a journalist 3 hours before the draft, truthful information that would require you to trade up and would give out who you are targeting at said position?

I call BS. The Jazz are one of the most tight lipped organizations in the league and anything they leak would be calculated and most probably a smokescreen.

They have become more open in the last 2 years. DL is not as tight lipped as KOC was. More chatter the last two years than the previous 10.

I'd hold off on trading down if Turner or Kaminsky are there. If they're gone and they can still get Portis and a late 1st (Celtics?), then sure. If that enables them to roll dice on Looney then I get excited.

(Towns, Okafor, Russell, and Porzingis will definitely be gone; Winslow and Johnson [both who I am high on as well] have been accounted for; I don't love Mudiay, WCS's fit/health, Booker, don't like Payne, and hate Lyles)