What's new

Chris Broussard on Stockton and Malone

Please post a picture of a treadmill or running ap with that mileage and time.

I ran 26:59 for 5 miles in our conference championship in college on a course that was not fast...largely soft, beach-like, rolling sand the first mile and a half.

Look it up if you can. 1995. NJAC championship at Stockton State College in NJ.

Maybe a little, but I can vouch for the smallest differences being huge when you play. I've played on dodgy, non-regulation height rims, and it sucks. Doesn't matter if it's only off by an inch, it throws everything off. Unless you're not that good, and then it's pretty much the same.

Hell, for being 5'11, I've always been old school and have a wicked hook shoot/push shot and a turnaround jumper. Both are bank shots and I like to do them from the left side. If it's not a proper, Plexiglas backboard, I don't even bother attempting stuff like that. I just can't adjust to weird kinks in an old wooden backboard or a cheap driveway plastic one that quickly.
Don’t play on plexiglass.

And fwiw, anyone that knows anything about running would laugh at Jumpshot Boy asking to post treadmill times. They’re a joke and no one takes them remotely seriously so far as peak performance go. And apps, lol.

Last edited:
And fwiw, anyone that knows anything about running would laugh at Jumpshot Boy asking to post treadmill times. They’re a joke and no one takes them very seriously so far as peal performance go. And apps, lol.
I think the issue is that people generally find them somewhat more reliable than JFC posts.

And btw I’ll post some of those runs in detail in a few minutes. Finishing up 7:00+ pace or faster.

upload_2020-5-26_20-24-45.png

You can’t see the pace for the last mile and a half but it was cruising, obviously, given the first five miles were slower than the overall pace. I wanna say I averaged 6:30 exactly for the last half mile.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-26_20-25-16.png
    upload_2020-5-26_20-25-16.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 4
Averaged 7:28.0 over the last mile and half. None of this was killing myself either. Felt very in control cardio-wise. Left foot and calf would always feel just a little funny (and I have a history of hammy pulls) so I restrained myself just a bit...and ended up having my left calf totally lock up on me on a subsequent run. Plantar still hurts a lot.

I ran 26:59 for 5 miles in our conference championship in college on a course that was not fast...largely soft, beach-like, rolling sand the first mile and a half.

Look it up if you can. 1995. NJAC championship at Stockton State College in NJ.
National junior all-girls championship?

Averaged 7:28.0 over the last mile and half. None of this was killing myself either. Felt very in control cardio-wise. Left foot and calf would always feel just a little funny (and I have a history of hammy pulls) so I restrained myself just a bit...and ended up having my left calf totally lock up on me on a subsequent run. Plantar still hurts a lot.
That's nothing. Promise me a box of Twinkies at the end and I'll double that time!

You may well be am elite running talent who qualifies as obese, but the odds are against you.